Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 04:01:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Jordan Peele's Twiglet Zone Series 2

Started by Rev+, June 29, 2020, 11:48:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rev+

This is back, and rather than weekly episodes like the last series, it's dumped the lot and run away.

The first run had an odd relationship to the original show.  There was only one episode that was credited as a remake - the gremlin on the wing of the plane - and even that altered the story significantly (there was no gremlin, it was about a podcast).  The others were intended to either hit the same themes, or otherwise be reminiscent of classic episodes.  This time the approach is supposed to be completely new stories that fit in the TZ wheelhouse.

I've given the first three a go, and they're alright.

Meet in the Middle Has a classic TZ feel in that there's a central conceit that they don't give a flying one about explaining.  Some tooler starts hearing a woman's voice in his head, but unusually for this type of story, he is genuinely hearing a real living person who lives a few hundred miles away.  A pretty decent story, but it would have been improved by being a bit shorter.  This was a problem last time.

Downtime Rejected Black Mirror episode.

The Who of You Completely bugnuts body-zapping nonsense.  A down-on-his-luck actor tries to rob a bank, but on locking eyes with the cashier, switches minds with her.  This sets off a massive chain of body-switching as he runs about with a bag of money, staring into peoples' eyes and thrusting the bag into their hands.  Gloriously ridiculous.

Keebleman

Crikey, it seems like series 1 appeared just a couple of months ago!

Where can this be watched?

Head Gardener

I've seen a few episodes, it's up on the torrents, I liked the one with the magic coin that made everybody
Spoiler alert
clap
[close]
the only ropey one so far is about a
Spoiler alert
planet conquering octopus
[close]
- which is pretty hatstand. I quite liked the first episode too as it featured an actor from that black mirror about the space ship, so swings n roundabouts.

Rev+

Ovation:  The coin one mentioned by HG.  It finishes up in exactly the way you'd suspect from early on - but that was always the case in the classic episodes too.

holyzombiejesus

How do you get to watch this (or the first series) in the uk?

neveragain

First series is available through Sky.

Rev+

Or, y'know.

Halfway in it seems to have settled into some very inconsequential half-hour episodes, one of which (mentioned by HG) doesn't really fit the house style at all, and is instead just an episode of a sci-fi horror type thing that would probably be more at home on the X-Files.  Not a huge surprise, given who wrote it.

olliebean

And the ending of the one after that one makes absolutely no sense.

Rev+

Rev+

Won't detail them further but it was generally a pretty enjoyable series.  The penultimate episode 'Try, Try' could successfully be accused of ripping-off 'Groundhog Day' but it's a reasonable stab at playing it from a different angle.  Fuck knows what was going on in the final episode.