Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 05:22:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

My new neighbour, "Bog"

Started by Rizla, June 30, 2020, 12:58:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gib

just wait for them to die of old age then you can enjoy your lovely home in peace

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: Rizla on June 30, 2020, 10:08:40 PM
The thing is, as regards the pile of rubbish, it's starting to piss me off too, and ten minutes with my sturdy gloves and a shovel I'd happily spend to whap it in the bins (apart from the boulder, it's too 'eavy) but there's no fucking way I'm doing that now, cos fuckin Bogbollocks and his note pinning compadre would be guaranteed to see such an action as admission of guilt.  So fuck that for a game of soldiers.

Ask Bog and Mrs Stickybeak to do it with you.

touchingcloth

Sleep walking's a thing, isn't it? I reckon the OP sleep flytipped and needs to apologise to Bog.

Icehaven

They want the rubbish gone and are unsuccessfully trying to guilt scare you into doing it. Don't give in and eventually they will.

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: Blinder Data on June 30, 2020, 04:59:46 PM
Our building recently received from the council a big food waste bin for all the flats. One or more of my neighbours disposes of food in there with the plastic wrapping left on.

The gulag will be too good for them.

Better that than putting food straight in there not in a composting bag so that it becomes a maggot breeding bin in about 10 minutes.

flotemysost

Quote from: Rizla on June 30, 2020, 12:58:26 AM
Picture a man, early 50's, 6ft4, gay, covered in tribal tattoos, those large hoop ear piercings, hair dyed blond

Surely I can't be the only one picturing Joe Exotic right now. The behaviour correlates too.

canadagoose

Quote from: flotemysost on June 30, 2020, 11:45:52 PM
Surely I can't be the only one picturing Joe Exotic right now. The behaviour correlates too.

I bet that "dumped rubbish" is just chopped-up bits of dead tiger.

touchingcloth

Quote from: canadagoose on July 01, 2020, 12:24:19 AM
I bet that "dumped rubbish" is just chopped-up bits of dead tiger.

And that woman who taped the note to the window definitely killed her husband and fed him to Bog's dogs.

poo

Paul Calf

Our neighbours are really nice. A couple of weeks ago, I accidentally left some cardboard that I'd meant to put into the recycling bin next to it. It rained, and the lad who lives on the left noticed and picked up all the soggy cardboard and put it in the recycling bin.

The ones on the other side gave us loads of baby stuff to give to my stepson and his fiancee because they're going to have a baby soon. There's a street WhatsApp where people can offer free stuff to people who might want it and where people can ask for or offer assistance.

This isn't much help is it?

touchingcloth

Quote from: Paul Calf on July 01, 2020, 08:17:33 AM
Our neighbours are really nice. A couple of weeks ago, I accidentally left some cardboard that I'd meant to put into the recycling bin next to it. It rained, and the lad who lives on the left noticed and picked up all the soggy cardboard and put it in the recycling bin.

The ones on the other side gave us loads of baby stuff to give to my stepson and his fiancee because they're going to have a baby soon. There's a street WhatsApp where people can offer free stuff to people who might want it and where people can ask for or offer assistance.

Maybe you're the Bog of your street.

Paul Calf

Without any doubt, I am The Bog Of My Street.

Blinder Data

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on June 30, 2020, 11:20:21 PM
Better that than putting food straight in there not in a composting bag so that it becomes a maggot breeding bin in about 10 minutes.

Let me shock you - the plastic-wrapped food I mentioned was loose, not in a compostable bag.

I've found Tesco bags full of glass bottles and cans in the general waste bins. It's a fookin' disgrace.

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: Blinder Data on July 01, 2020, 10:52:34 AM
Let me shock you - the plastic-wrapped food I mentioned was loose, not in a compostable bag.

Right, but it was sealed plastic wrapping right? So a fly wouldn't have been able to lay its eggs in the food.

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: Rizla on June 30, 2020, 10:08:40 PM
The thing is, as regards the pile of rubbish, it's starting to piss me off too, and ten minutes with my sturdy gloves and a shovel I'd happily spend to whap it in the bins (apart from the boulder, it's too 'eavy) but there's no fucking way I'm doing that now, cos fuckin Bogbollocks and his note pinning compadre would be guaranteed to see such an action as admission of guilt.  So fuck that for a game of soldiers.

Just put a little bit in the bins every now and again rather than do it all at once.  (Make sure it's when Bog & note woman aren't looking.)

darby o chill

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on July 01, 2020, 01:52:46 PM
Just put a little bit in the bins every now and again rather than do it all at once.  (Make sure it's when Bog & note woman aren't looking.)

Bollocks. Put it in the wheelbarrow again and cart it back to the garden at 3am. Just hope that Bog isn't watching this time.

Goldentony

his in Bristol? that's the only place I can imagine a guy named bog

flotemysost

Quote from: touchingcloth on July 01, 2020, 12:38:08 AM
And that woman who taped the note to the window definitely killed her husband and fed him to Bog's dogs.

I'm afraid the only logical conclusion to be drawn is that the OP must now marry Bog. And start taking meth.

Our neighbours are really nice.

One of the things I'm grateful for in the current situation is that my downstairs neighbour is possibly the nicest neighbour I've ever had (don't have any upstairs/next door neighbours, for which I'm also incredibly grateful). I often find myself battling Peter's Mad Thoughts-type urges to compromise this situation by doing something inexplicably weird or horrible - some good inspo in this thread.

Kryton

Start your own NICE neighbours thread.

Dex Sawash

You've failed to meet the Bog standard

Rizla

Hey guys, minor update on the Bog saga is that I got the council to take away most of the shite, leaving only the stones and big boulder. Had no further contact with the man himself. Been too busy last few days finishing off my bathroom, goodness me it's nearly as sick and wicked as my kitchen - tiled the cunt floor to ceiling, poncy flat shower head installed directly into ceiling as is the handheld shower hose, which has a pressure on it that could make a nun blush, there's an optional bumgun/arsepistol/bidet hose plumbed into the same line as the handheld, each with their own stop valve, so you can basically shit on the floor and power rinse it down the drain, which along with the underfloor heating pipes is set in the 3" layer of concrete which sits on 2 layers of floorboards laid at a 90 degree angle perpendicular to each other, a la warehouse flooring, on joists that were dropped below floor level. My toilet has got a triple vortex flush and hangs on the wall. I AM KING OF TOILET, IRONIC EH BOG?

Cerys

Sounds amazing.  Have you considered inviting him round to see it?  He'll realise that a man with such an epic bathroom is clearly a force to be reckoned with, and will treat you with respect and delicious pie-related offerings as a result.

Flouncer

I'm jonesing for some more Bog drama, Riz. Can you please have a few tins of Tennents Super and go round there to have it out with him?

non capisco

Please don't let this thread descend into a load of boring shite about you doing up your bathroom, with the original compelling 'Bog' antagonist suddenly relegated to a mere background detail. Let this be a warning, Rizla. The selling point of this saga wasn't the 'new house' aspect. The selling point was quite obviously 'Bog'. If your next update doesn't include 'Bog' in any tangible capacity then I'm out for good and I suspect I won't be alone. You're veering dangerously into a 'middle of Twin Peaks series 2' situation with your last post and I'm not willing to sit through loads of life-sapping garbage about you grouting or some shit, feebly hoping that 'Bog' will return for some kind of climactic showdown long after anyone has stopped caring. BOGTF.

Hand Solo

Bog's waiting on a call from Honda.

gib

Quote from: non capisco on July 04, 2020, 10:19:55 PM
Please don't let this thread descend into a load of boring shite about you doing up your bathroom, with the original compelling 'Bog' antagonist suddenly relegated to a mere background detail. Let this be a warning, Rizla. The selling point of this saga wasn't the 'new house' aspect. The selling point was quite obviously 'Bog'. If your next update doesn't include 'Bog' in any tangible capacity then I'm out for good and I suspect I won't be alone. You're veering dangerously into a 'middle of Twin Peaks series 2' situation with your last post and I'm not willing to sit through loads of life-sapping garbage about you grouting or some shit, feebly hoping that 'Bog' will return for some kind of climactic showdown long after anyone has stopped caring. BOGTF.

+1

holyzombiejesus

I would like to know more about the toilet that hangs on a wall.

Yes, like how far off the floor is it? A metre? More? I don't think I'd feel safe on it.

Ferris

Shit or get off the bog

Bog or get off the

Don't shit in the bog or it could

bollocks

Pijlstaart

My problem with these new bathrooms is the trend towards square toilets, if you go into a toilet shop they don't sell normal shaped toilets, they have to be square. Wall-hung toilet'll be snubby as all hell, I guarantee it, the front of the seat will come in at a punishing angle and you will not feel accommodated. No access to the cistern either, so nowhere to store all your Scottish Edinburgh "Gak", nowhere, unfit for purpose.

Toilets peaked in the 70s, user-focused toilets that understood they were there to be shat in and leaned into that role, ebullient. Imagine throwing away a heritage toilet, a well-loved, bubbly family toilet with decades ahead of it, only to replace it with some self-regarding 10-year warranty moulded plastic glorified cup-holder. "I'm much too chic to shit in" it'll call to you in the night, your toilet pride and joy "I'm too chic for shitting, come, you must drink of my sparkling waters", and drink you shall.