Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 06:22:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Jordan Peterson: Rebirth

Started by marquis_de_sad, June 30, 2020, 05:02:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marquis_de_sad

Jordan Peterson has emerged from the benzo abyss of his Hero's Journey, turning the corner to meet archetypical rebirth with manly stoicism. After surviving being placed in a medically induced coma by Russians to get him off clonazepam, he's done an interview with his "nutritionist" daughter, whose advocacy of a strict meat-only diet has in no way contributed to his health problems. Despite being hit by numerous set-backs — his drug dependence, his wife's cancer, being booted out of a Cambridge fellowship, losing a month of his life to a glass of cider — his subreddit has avoided the recent reddit purge, and he's working on a new book. He's also written an article for the New York Post about one of the most pressing issues of our current moment: those annoying SJWs and their crusade of political correctness.

At one point in the new interview, he mentions that while trying to go cold turkey he took ketamine. An odd man.

bgmnts

Can you imagine these abject cunts actually living in the times of manliness and stoicism and traditional values that they espouse? They'd all be slaves and the village idiots and would break down within minutes.

Useless cunts.

Buelligan

Not sure he'd cope that brilliantly with being a woman either.

Sebastian Cobb

Oh god I'd forgot about a man promoting masculinity having feelings of 'impending doom' for a month after drinking cider.

Even on his own terms he's a massive fanny.

Cloud

Thought it had gone quiet on the JP front.

I suppose he's not quite purge material - he's more a JK Rowling "arrogantly misguided"  than a full on Glinner "total hate spewing fuckwit" but it depends what his fan base gets up to in the sub. From what I heard with him being centre-right-ish most of the alt right types have declared him a libtard cuck and cancelled him at this point, which leaves the less harmful "young white male loser" demographic - between him and the Nazis it's probably better that they gravitate to him at least.

earl_sleek

Yes he is an utter fraud and hypocrite. He is a fucking mess but has the brass neck to pass judgement on the lives of others.

Sebastian Cobb

Nah he's an active gifter. He might've stumbled into it (like Ben Garrison I suppose) but he's now leaning into it.

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on June 30, 2020, 05:15:18 PM
Oh god I'd forgot about a man promoting masculinity having feelings of 'impending doom' for a month after drinking cider.
Being Canadian, did he mean what we think of as cider or the American term for just plain apple juice?

Sebastian Cobb

I'm not sure I care, if I'm honest.

Buelligan

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on June 30, 2020, 05:20:09 PM
Nah he's an active gifter. He might've stumbled into it (like Ben Garrison I suppose) but he's now leaning into it.

Yep, that's what I see him (and his daughter) as.  Lauren Southern's another, people looking to make a fast buck out of their fellow humans.  They're like those US tv evangelists that cry into the camera when they're caught humping a dog or people that pyramid-sell dried mint leaves as a cure for cancer.  Shameless grifters.

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on June 30, 2020, 05:21:49 PM
I'm not sure I care, if I'm honest.
I just found the idea of him disintegrating due to the taste explosion brought on by a sip of apple juice quite amusing, with his doctor warning him not to risk it with cranberry: "it'll sort out the problem downstairs, but at what cost?"

Twonty Gostelow

Wasn't it apple cider vinegar? He was lucky to get away with only 25 days of despair if so.

marquis_de_sad

Quote from: Cloud on June 30, 2020, 05:18:03 PM
From what I heard with him being centre-right-ish most of the alt right types have declared him a libtard cuck and cancelled him at this point.

This old screengrab from (presumably) pol nails his lecture style:

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Buelligan on June 30, 2020, 05:23:25 PM
Shameless grifters.

Not even the best George Michael song in the Beatles.

Zetetic

Very dull article in the Post. I'd consider watching a livestream of him with a whiteboard, a fresh 5-set of markers, and an abyssal case of the 'ViD.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Buelligan on June 30, 2020, 05:23:25 PM
Yep, that's what I see him (and his daughter) as.  Lauren Southern's another, people looking to make a fast buck out of their fellow humans.  They're like those US tv evangelists that cry into the camera when they're caught humping a dog or people that pyramid-sell dried mint leaves as a cure for cancer.  Shameless grifters.

I think Southern's settled down now, partially because it backfired on her but also because of the men around her.

I'd forgotten all about her until someone shared this with me.

There's still Tomi Lauren of course, the two of them are basically interchangeable

The Culture Bunker

I don't know if those messages from Watson are real or not, but if so, it amuses me no end that he goes from zero to dummy spitting in a matter of moments when she doesn't instantly reply, and even then manages to find an extra couple of gears over a few minutes.

Buelligan

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on June 30, 2020, 05:46:42 PM
I think Southern's settled down now, partially because it backfired on her but also because of the men around her.

I see she's become a centrist now, Father.  Like I said, shameless fucking grifter.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: The Culture Bunker on June 30, 2020, 06:14:39 PM
I don't know if those messages from Watson are real or not, but if so, it amuses me no end that he goes from zero to dummy spitting in a matter of moments when she doesn't instantly reply, and even then manages to find an extra couple of gears over a few minutes.

I love the fact he's howling 'leave me alone' at someone who hasn't replied.

The horrid little shit even tries to walk it back in the most disgusting and 'chinny reckon' way possible.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Buelligan on June 30, 2020, 06:24:09 PM
I see she's become a centrist now, Father.  Like I said, shameless fucking grifter.

Lol it's a bit moot being a centrist after helping put trump in charge. Pivoting to 'the establishment are correct and you should do as they say', so noble.

Cloud

Quote from: marquis_de_sad on June 30, 2020, 05:39:48 PM
This old screengrab from (presumably) pol nails his lecture style:

Classic 4chan.... piles of steaming shit, but with nuggets of gold, like that

Paul Calf

No-one will ever trust her again. Her putative new centrie allies won't want to be seen with such an obviously insincere Nazi and she'll be lucky not to get death threats from the right who will regard her as a total sell-out grass.

Poobum

What's with these people and the all meat nonsense, even bears eat berries, it's not a sign of weakness. Humans have clawless fingers, blunt teeth, fairly long and folded intestines, weak stomach acid and alkaline saliva, all adaptions for herbivory. Eskimo/Inuit have genetic adaption that allow them to subsist on all meat diets, with a few phenotypical side affects, but it is quite unique to them. I know I shouldn't waste my time getting annoyed at these charlatans, but my god, this belongs with flat earther stuff.

Quote from: Paul Calf on June 30, 2020, 07:29:32 PM
No-one will ever trust her again. Her putative new centrie allies won't want to be seen with such an obviously insincere Nazi and she'll be lucky not to get death threats from the right who will regard her as a total sell-out grass.

Not beyond the realms of possibility that the particularly gullible centrists will take the first opportunity to rehabilitate her under the guise of 'the sensibles reaching across in the name of unity.' Remember Sam Bee with Glenn Beck ffs? Can imagine Ian Dunt taking her under his wing, the prong.

Sebastian Cobb

When atkins and male fragility collide.

C_Larence

I like this video of post coma (or whatever) Peterson playing wiith a remote control car in his garden, with the same amount of enthusiasm as Jack Nicholson at the end of One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-XGpZ7AmiY/?hl=en

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: Poobum on June 30, 2020, 07:40:36 PM
What's with these people and the all meat nonsense, even bears eat berries, it's not a sign of weakness. Humans have clawless fingers, blunt teeth, fairly long and folded intestines, weak stomach acid and alkaline saliva, all adaptions for herbivory. Eskimo/Inuit have genetic adaption that allow them to subsist on all meat diets, with a few phenotypical side affects, but it is quite unique to them. I know I shouldn't waste my time getting annoyed at these charlatans, but my god, this belongs with flat earther stuff.
BECAUSE EATING MEAT EQUAL MANLY MAN

it's a combo of that and "this'll piss off those vegan soyboy libtards, ooh I love meat, NOM NOM NOM NOM, animals and their delicious feelings."

AllisonSays

It's silly to get too drawn into this stuff but Jordan Peterson's arc over the last few years is really compelling. Anti-pronoun guy to 'owning the libs' on Channel 4 to self-help guru to all-meat diet advocate to opiate addict and induced coma in dodgy Russian hospital, all in what, two years? Saul Bellow wouldn't be in it.

evilcommiedictator

Imagine being in a coma for months and the first thing you do when you come out of it is crying about LOL NO ESS JAY UUUs