Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 07:52:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

BBC Bring Back Closedown

Started by BlodwynPig, June 30, 2020, 07:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norton Canes

Hang on, wait... this might be an 0bvious thing I've just realised, but... the weird bits at the end of some of the closedowns - are they supposed to have been transmitted by QTV, or are they stuff on VHS tapes that have also been used to record QTV excerpts?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Norton Canes on July 21, 2020, 06:50:28 PM
Hang on, wait... this might be an 0bvious thing I've just realised, but... the weird bits at the end of some of the closedowns - are they supposed to have been transmitted by QTV, or are they stuff on VHS tapes that have also been used to record QTV excerpts?

Let's ask...QTV

"Thank you for you letter dated 13th March, 1977. In answer to your query about the unusual transmissions that you observed after Closedown, we asked Mr. Swithe, our technical manager at QTV, to examine the tapes. As you may be aware, after transmission has ended, the QTV ident signals the end of another arduous day for all the staff and all recordings are paused until sign-on the following morning at 10am. Mr. Swithe has checked all the tapes from the period you refer to and all tapes end after the QTV ident. The station then goes off-air, there is no signal and no transmission. It is quite literally, dead air. As we have had no other enquiries on this matter, we suspect that late nights, an overactive imagination and too many malty drinks may have caused Little Norton to see things that were not there. We will be writing to Mummy Norton to ensure that you desist in these bad habits. We'd like to thank you again for your correspondence and wish you pleasant dreams nnnnghhh nnyyeehh hail ngghheennn hail comfrey hail nggsatansadda hail hail nHHHHHGHHGHGHHGH HAIL!"

BlodwynPig

Inevitable...Quentin is now shilling for Hauntology music artists

A promo video for the forthcoming Belbury Poly album featuring Quentin Smirhes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WBJFNnA0Cg&feature=em-uploademail

Sublime yet mildewy

BlodwynPig

My life is complete - Quentin Loved my YT comment :)))

BlodwynPig

BlodwynPig

BlodwynPig

These just get better and better, don't they?  The European production company logo at the end of 'Thumby' and the opening titles and theme tune to 'See and Do'.  Lovely stuff.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Beep Cleep Chimney on August 18, 2020, 10:19:08 PM
The opening titles and theme tune to "See and Do".  Lovely stuff.

The handicapped tune? Was that genuine?

Nice to see an appearance from Gentle Jeff too.

Quote from: BlodwynPig on August 18, 2020, 10:20:30 PM
The handicapped tune? Was that genuine?
I assumed Reynard made it himself for the bit.

BlodwynPig