Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:49:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

brass eye music queery

Started by depressed beyond tablets, May 16, 2005, 09:20:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
on the original animals episode they used "spirit of the radio" by Rush as the tune playing in Bernard Lerring's car (weasel fighter) yet on the DVD release a tune from foreigner (i believe) is used.

Are there different laws governing national broadcasts and world wide releases or did Rush just change their mind about representing post compound nervous breakdown victims?

I think the original was a far superior choice because of  that whole prog rock/mental breakdown connection. I will always associate that (Rush) song with weasel fighting for reasons too obvious to explain.

put this issue to rest

Morrisfan82

I'm sure someone else will have all the details, but I think it boiled down to the fact that the original track cost too much to license for the video/DVD release, so they substituted it for a cheaper one. Substitution of cost-prohibitive/difficult-to-license music tracks is not uncommon on home releases ot TV shows.

Emergency Lalla Ward Ten

Different rules for broadcast and commercial release, yes. For broadcast, they just have to pay the normal PRS fee (like a radio station does when a DJ plays a record), but for commercial release they have to negotiate with the copyright holders, involving lots of contractual arse.

alan strang

With the Brass Eye DVD, didn't they just go back to the original Torque tv pilot mix? I'm sure the Rush track was only added for the actual series.

Pepotamo1985

The car screeching effects are a lot less noticeable in the TT pilot, though.