Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 10:03:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Anti-social behaviour by group of kids in my front garden

Started by Fambo Number Mive, July 01, 2020, 03:49:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

I didn't know how to handle it or how I should handle it when they return. I'm feeling really panicked and targeted. Three or four kids, not sure of their age, turned up an hour or so ago and started climbing on the walls in my front garden and got inside the garden while swearing and playing games on their mobile phone.

They've damaged two of the bricks on the wall and left a shopping trolley outside. They've gone to the shop now but I'm worried they are going to come back.

I didn't open the door or say anything while they were there as what do you say? They know I didn't want them there and aren't going to listen if I ask them to move. I think they knew I was in there though. I feel targeted now. When they left I opened the door and the man from across the road looked at me (he'd driven home while they were on my wall) as if I was a coward.

I'm not well and really struggling with my mental health and I don't know what to say or do to keep these kids out of my garden. I've lived here 2 years and never had a problem before. I'm not good with conflict situations. I just don't know how to handle these things.

Shit Good Nose

If they come back - police (999 rather than 111 - explain your mental health situation and lay it on thick) and/or family member(s)/friend(s), big lads if you can.

Ultimately they are trespassing, fly tipping and carrying out vandalism to private property.

To be honest I wouldn't rush to do anything. I highly doubt they've targeted you and it's likely a one off bored kids scenario. I know it feels personal but I really doubt from what you've said that it is. Any action at this point is only likely to make it a thing.

Buelligan

Don't worry Fam, kids do this shit, for some of 'em it's part of growing up and although you may feel targeted, I'm pretty sure they're just acting up without a clue about who you are.  It's not personal.  If you're feeling fragile, my advice is to ignore.  Maybe make a note of the date/time and so on, if it happens again from the same kids, ring the filth. 

Just ignore these little fucks and they will pass on like rain clouds or headaches.  I send you a comradely hug.  Chin up Fam.

Turn the tables on them, ask them how do they get their shirts so clean.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

" Get the fuck out of my garden, you little cunts" would be the best thing to say ( whilst wearing a stabproof vest), Shirley?

Buelligan

bgmnts

Just imagine yourself wringing their chav little cunt necks. Get it out your system.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: solidified gruel merchant on July 01, 2020, 03:54:42 PM
To be honest I wouldn't rush to do anything. I highly doubt they've targeted you and it's likely a one off bored kids scenario. I know it feels personal but I really doubt from what you've said that it is. Any action at this point is only likely to make it a thing.

Yeah bored kids fuck around in people's gardens all the time they only tend to start going on the offence if they get a rise out of it.

I'm sure most people growing up can remember a house on their street that contained a man that was known to throw a disproportionate benny if someone cut across their lawn etc. It was known, even if you'd never experienced it.

Goldentony

tell them you've got a kid or an ill relative and sound nice, kids wont budge for anything else and youve got to weigh up whether they're genuine headcases or not. Going OI I SAID GERROF MY LAND means the windows are getting done if theyre insane and that it'll go on forever. My mates used to go to this guys house round the corner and go FITZPATRIIIIIIIIIIIICK in an Irish voice at his house so he'd come out and offer them a fight, and down the road was Meatloaf because he had long hair and he'd do the same and it only happened more than once because they'd both boot off

Ambient Sheep

Another who agrees with this.  I very much doubt it's personal.  Just fucking about in a random house's garden.

If they come back more than once, then yeah, time to do something.  But they probably won't.

I really do get your fear though.  Some years ago I was in a similar position... and then I remembered all the similar hijinks I got up to as a kid, none of which was meant personally or maliciously at all... just bored fucking about.  That helped calm me down a bit.

If you really want to do something now, park a CCTV camera (fake or otherwise, you can get little dashcams quite cheap now) in your window along with the (I believe) legally-required sticker.  That should discourage any further shenanigans.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on July 01, 2020, 04:03:01 PM
If they come back more than once, then yeah, time to do something.  But they probably won't .

Yes, I should have put more emphasis on my "If they come back...".  Chances are they won't.

Fambo Number Mive

Thanks everyone, much appreciated. I presume the council would dispose of the shopping trolley. Will drop them an email.

Goldentony

trolleys go in rivers mate, get it in one, canal if its closer

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Do you have a chainsaw? If they ever come back get it out and start cutting up some wood or something. Make sure to do loads of crazy laughing and talking to yourself while you're at it. They'll make their excuses and quietly leave.

Alternatively, start mowing the lawn while they're sat on it. You have to get the message across that you are deranged, and in the interests of their own personal safety it is vital that they should leave.

earl_sleek

Hoe dare you talk about my kids on the internet you nonce

Sebastian Cobb

Mister Six

This. If it happens repeatedly you can escalate, but realistically this is probably just a one-off. If you create a challenge they're more likely to come back and act like little cunts.

Brundle-Fly

Last summer, I had a group of teenage lads sat on my front step smoking weed. I was coming back from the shops and just grinned saying in my deepest fake Cockney accent  "Alright lads!" as I squeezed past looking as if I didn't give a fuck.  They went silent but smiled back, finished their session and left in peace. They were back one more time and then that was it. Never saw them again. Strange though.

Pijlstaart

They've gone to the shops, which probably means more trolleys! They may intend to encircle you to foster within you a laager mentality, maybe they've been hired by a home-security company or failing martial arts dojo to drum up new business. You should never fight children, in the west it is considered shameful, even the best fighters should not fight children, but you can fight their dad, and once he's beaten they belong to you, early bedtime, piss-traps, incline torture, all is permitted in the eyes of the law.

Fr.Bigley

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on July 01, 2020, 03:59:10 PM
Yeah bored kids fuck around in people's gardens all the time they only tend to start going on the offence if they get a rise out of it.

I'm sure most people growing up can remember a house on their street that contained a man that was known to throw a disproportionate benny if someone cut across their lawn etc. It was known, even if you'd never experienced it.

Our local villian was known as "evil Pete", mid fifties, lived with his elderly mum, drove a mk1 Cortina in shit brown and used to fashion 4 inch nails together bent round each other like some weird baldy bastard caltrops, drop them over his front garden and the side verge for us to fall on. Cunt

Buelligan

GMTV

Next time you look out the trolleys back with a big bar of Cadburys dairy milk in it. Aww such a heartwarming story.

kalowski

Ferris

Quote from: Hand Solo on July 01, 2020, 04:07:31 PM

Sorry to go completely off topic but that, that, was my exact dream the other night. The colours, the paths, the creepy garden centre vibe, and the straw MJ walking about. I was stuck there (the mad garden centre/village) with the Mrs trying to explain where we were but I was too embarrassed to explain I didn't know what was going on. I think we ended up escaping on a wicker horse.

That's genuinely weirded me out, I've never seen that image before. Fucking hell.

Ferris

I think we tried to buy a brick shed building thing (the exact same as the one in the background) before trying to escape. In the dream, that is.

Buelligan

That's very normal, Ferris, all part of standard human development.  Nothing weird about it.

Hand Solo

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on July 02, 2020, 03:53:12 AM
I think we tried to buy a brick shed building thing (the exact same as the one in the background) before trying to escape. In the dream, that is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19iWWn6JWQY