Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 03:26:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Anti-social behaviour by group of kids in my front garden

Started by Fambo Number Mive, July 01, 2020, 03:49:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

They're back again...a group of kids called at one of the houses across for the road for their mate and now they've gone and sat on my wall again. One of them in the front garden.

Mr_Simnock

Phone your local police station, not on an emergency number, and get a comunity officer ( or someone )down asap. If you don't act soon your garden is the new hang out.

Barry Admin

If you're not comfortable with confronting them, that's totally understandable. However, taking some kind of action would be beneficial to you. How about rapping the window and shouting at them with an angry look on your face, while telling them to fuck off?

Otherwise yeah, call the peelers.

Fambo Number Mive

They've gone now, not sure if they plan to come back. There's a local police station in the centre of the estate, I might ring them. It's quite a rough area so not sure how well a PCSO popping in for a chat about this would go down.

Sebastian Cobb

Were they just sitting on a wall after meeting their friends or were they actively being a nuisance besides one of them being in your garden?

Because the former is pretty innocent bored kid waiting around stuff.

Fambo Number Mive

I wouldn't have minded if they hadn't been such an issue yesterday. Today all that happened was that they stood in my drive next to the wall for a few minutes, during which time one of them climbed over the wall into my garden next to the wall and I think a couple sat on the wall next to the drive. Then they left, but it was the same children who were on my wall and in the garden yesterday swearing.

I wouldn't get too hung up on the swearing, that's how kids speak to each other and there's often fuck all else for them to do on their estate but loiter around, getting shooed from place to place, it's a tedious existence for many. I'd only worry if it became a regular occurrence and they were overstepping their boundaries but at the moment it just sounds like they want somewhere to hang out, if it wasn't your wall it would (and will) be someone else's.

Basically, don't take it personally, but if they do overstep the mark give them a quick "fuck off lads" or have a word with the local plod to keep an eye on them.

Mr_Simnock

spread poo along the wall, why didn't i think of that earlier, i'm for real on that

imitationleather

Put a sign up saying "A paedo lives here". Should sort it all out.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

If they're actually going into his garden, that's a boundary overstepped right there. Something should be done, right enough.

Barry Admin

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on July 02, 2020, 02:16:50 PM
It's quite a rough area so not sure how well a PCSO popping in for a chat about this would go down.

I live in a "touts out/every tout is a target" area, and when I had problems with the cunt downstairs, I would deal with the cops over the phone, or meet them outside the estate when they wanted more info or whatever. They were perfectly receptive to that.

If you did rap the window and shout "get the fuck out" the kids would likely shit their pants and run.

Puce Moment

Sounds like your house is becoming a hangout. It will probably stop by the end of the summer, but once they start meeting somewhere, it's unlikely to stop unless you do something about it.

If they don't stop after the dibble get involved I'm afraid you will need to confont them.

Pour a good layer of vegetable oil on the wall where they sit.

And a bear trap in your garden on the other side, for good measure.

Captain Z

If you want to summon the confidence to address them directly, just imagine them naked. Don't be afraid to tell them that's what you're doing if they continue to question you.

Buelligan

Leave an open can of beer or something under the wall on your side, loads of wasps will come and buzz about.  IME, children do not like to sit or hang about where lots of wasps are.  Try not to stress about it, that's the main thing, old fellow.

I didn't realise you had a mole there, Captain Z.  How unusual.

Just to add, last summer, I had some holiday kids outside mine, trying to trap the wild cats and acting like arseholes.  I asked them nicely to stop and they ignored me (a foolish choice IMO) so told them I would curse them and their families if I ever saw them again, seemed to do the trick.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Buelligan on July 02, 2020, 04:55:00 PM
Leave an open can of beer or something under the wall on your side, loads of wasps will come and buzz about.  IME, children do not like to sit or hang about where lots of wasps are.  Try not to stress about it, that's the main thing, old fellow.

I wonder if this could be used on television licence inspectors.

Buelligan

Heheh.  Edward Woodward runs out of thread screaming.

Captain Z

Quote from: Buelligan on July 02, 2020, 04:55:00 PM

It's ok, I get someone to smack it with a shovel anytime it pops up.

Buelligan

I knew you were going to say that.  Still, you should get a doctor to have a look if it keeps doing that.

Mister Six

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Buy one of these:
https://www.compoundsecurity.co.uk/

Apparently if you install an after market mod chip on them it'll make their eardrums explode and they'll shit blood.

Cloud

Try the friendly 'treat as human beings' approach first?  I mean yeah they're antisocial but kids are daft, not generally evil.
A firm but fair "Hey lads?  I don't mind you sitting on the wall while you wait for your mate but don't muck about in my garden please."
And then it's "Oi.  I told you.  Give over."
And then "Last warning then I call the police"
And then the police

But if you're scared then better the police than just letting them run riot.

Brundle-Fly

Follow the ringleader home and go and sit in their parent's garden? That's what Mad Frankie Fraser used to when he had this trouble. Worked a treat.

Tony Tony Tony

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on July 02, 2020, 05:55:41 PM
Buy one of these:
https://www.compoundsecurity.co.uk/

Apparently if you install an after market mod chip on them it'll make their eardrums explode and they'll shit blood.

I used a modified version of this Mosquito thingy to good effect a couple of years ago when I had the local yout hanging outside my flat smoking jazz cigarettes.

I downloaded a tone generating app to my phone and cranked the frequency to just above my auditory range (I'm an old cunt so I couldn't hear a thing but it was piercing to young ears). Then put the sound through a bluetooth speaker (Bose since you ask) sitting at an open window at top volume. Oddly enough not all the kids could hear the noise and I only blasted the beggars intermittently so they ended up arguing amongst themselves as to where the noise, if any, was emanating from. They also fucked off elsewhere.   

Buelligan

Just to say, with any interaction of this ilk where there's a negative outcome possibility, only go into it if you're pretty certain, if it escalates, you can handle it.  If you don't feel confident about that, IMO, it really is best to avoid getting pulled in.  That's my advice.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Buelligan on July 02, 2020, 06:23:39 PM
Just to say, with any interaction of this ilk where there's a negative outcome possibility, only go into it if you're pretty certain, if it escalates, you can handle it.  If you don't feel confident about that, IMO, it really is best to avoid getting pulled in.  That's my advice.

I agree, but unfortunately that can also include calling the police since the kids will know they're not going to do much about a kid stood in a garden and they can probably scatter from them anyway.

Cloud

See, if this was 'murica you could just shoot the little scrotes

Buelligan

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on July 02, 2020, 06:32:33 PM
I agree, but unfortunately that can also include calling the police since the kids will know they're not going to do much about a kid stood in a garden and they can probably scatter from them anyway.

I absolutely agree, strongly feel that threatening them with the piggos may well not work in your favour.  Call the filth if you want but don't use them as a threat (whether you call or not).  It'll only serve to justify an escalation in their minds (and what we're looking for here is a de-escalation).