Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:34:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Anti-social behaviour by group of kids in my front garden

Started by Fambo Number Mive, July 01, 2020, 03:49:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on July 03, 2020, 10:39:31 AMI suspect they have seen me outside the home and want to target someone with mental health issues and Aspergers.

I honestly doubt that.  It might be possible, of course, but it strikes me as highly unlikely.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on July 03, 2020, 10:47:41 AM
I honestly doubt that.  It might be possible, of course, but it strikes me as highly unlikely.

Agreed, you might be being a bit paranoid, there. How are they going to know anything about the state of your mental health?

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Buelligan

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on July 03, 2020, 10:39:31 AM
Thanks everyone. I reported both incidents to the police yesterday evening. I don't thinking engaging with the children myself will work - it might for some but I come across as quite weird and am not very articulate, it would be obvious to the children I am quite vulnerable so it would probably make things worse.

It probably sounds silly to some but these incidents have really shaken me up and upset me and I don't feel safe at the moment. I suspect they have seen me outside the home and want to target someone with mental health issues and Aspergers. Part of it may be boredom but I don't know when the things to keep kids busy will open up again. I'm very bored which isn't helping my mental health either, but I don't cause trouble for other people.

I think the Mosquito will be quite a lot of money but I will consider this, I might not put it up but could turn it on when there is another incident. Also considering the CCTV camera.

The support on here really helps as I wasn't coping well even before this started happening.

I'm glad it helps Fambo, we are always here for you, rain or shine.  I think chatting about this stuff can be useful, hopefully reassuring, maybe even take out a bit of the circling stress and the amplification of that circling and stress that can happen when you're on your own. 

We like you and we're here for you, even if most of us are complete cocks.  Have a lovely rest of the day.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

* flicks the "v"s to AS while stood in his ( Sheepys, for avoidance of doubt) garden*

Ambient Sheep

I'm not Jodie Comer you know, no need to be standing in my garden.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

* decides against writing something utilising the phrase " lady garden", as he doesn't want to go too far OT within this thread concerning Fambo's situation. Buelligan's got the right idea with her own post, great bunch of lasses, so she is.*

Jockice

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on July 01, 2020, 03:59:10 PM
I'm sure most people growing up can remember a house on their street that contained a man that was known to throw a disproportionate benny if someone cut across their lawn etc. It was known, even if you'd never experienced it.

When I was a kid there was an elderly woman on my street (in fact nearly opposite my house) who was notorious for coming out and shouting if anyone made a noise (just kids playing, nothing more really) and then calling the police. Which of course made her an easy target. I wasn't really a bad lad but I'd join in with trying to annoy her. Then one day she came out when I was with some friends and called me over by name. Not knowing what to do I went over - and she handed me a bar of chocolate. It turned out that my dad had given her a lift somewhere a couple of days earlier and she'd bought it to say thanks. And obviously to try and win favour with me as I was the nearest neighbour and she may have made the assumption I was the gang leader. I wasn't. But I was the one who stood out the most.

I wish I'd turned to the other lads and said: "This must stop now. Leave this lovely old lady alone,'' but I was actually extremely embarrassed about being singled out, mumbled a half-hearted thanks and scarpered. From what I remember I didn't get involved in the 'teasing' anymore but it didn't stop entirely. And we moved elsewhere not long afterwards. Hope she was okay though. It must have been shit for her. She brought some of it on herself but I think she just wanted a quiet life.

But it's a thing that kids do. There was a couple at the other end of the road who were well-known for getting annoyed if anyone crossed their paths. I can't remember the circumstances but the woman was shouting at me once and I started doing an impression of her, which involved shouting back in a highpitched voice (or more highpitched than normal. I was only about ten) while holding my jumper out to represent her breasts. Quite amusing till I noticed my dad standing there watching me with his arms folded and a frown on his face...

As I've said I wasn't a bad boy (in fact more than one of my schoolfriends has said I was a goody-goody during those days) but I could still be a twat. It's just a good job I'm so mature now.

madhair60

Quote from: Buelligan on July 02, 2020, 08:45:32 PM
I try hard never to curse people any more.  Can't speak to the other questions, I don't really go in for that sort of thing.

Yeah but as you well know once you're in, you're in. Curses are no joke.

Ferris

Thanks everyone. I reported both incidents to the police yesterday evening. I don't thinking engaging with the children myself will work - it might for some but I come across as quite weird and am not very articulate, it would be obvious to the children I am quite vulnerable so it would probably make things worse.

It probably sounds silly to some but these incidents have really shaken me up and upset me and I don't feel safe at the moment. I suspect they have seen me outside the home and want to target someone with mental health issues and Aspergers. Part of it may be boredom but I don't know when the things to keep kids busy will open up again. I'm very bored which isn't helping my mental health either, but I don't cause trouble for other people.

I think the Mosquito will be quite a lot of money but I will consider this, I might not put it up but could turn it on when there is another incident. Also considering the CCTV camera.

The support on here really helps as I wasn't coping well even before this started happening.

Sensible and probably the right move, hope you're feeling ok.

Buelligan

Quote from: madhair60 on July 03, 2020, 01:27:07 PM
Yeah but as you well know once you're in, you're in. Curses are no joke.

Oh, I know that, maddo, believe me.  I've never sought extraneous power for them.

madhair60

Quote from: Buelligan on July 03, 2020, 03:24:05 PM
Oh, I know that, maddo, believe me.  I've never sought extraneous power for them.

I summoned an entity back in 2009, and it now eats half my food. Every meal I consume, half of the energy and nutrients are transferred to the demon. And yet here I am - fat as fuck.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: gib on July 03, 2020, 03:21:27 PM
What did the police say?

Would I be disappointing more people than I relieved where I to respond to this thread with " Ylvis consider rewrite" ?

Puce Moment

Well done for handling this Fambo, and I reckon you have called this one correctly (although I doubt you come across the way you think).

These events can really do your head in - I would imagine just about everyone on this forum has had this type of experience. I found the best way to handle this was to speak to community liaison people within the dibbles as they are more likely to do something proactive.

After being told not to confront them or film them with my phone I actually ended up doing both, which seemed to sort the whole thing out. They used the footage to apply anti-social orders onto the kids, which does very little in my experience. However, the warning, and getting parents involved, can often be enough.

My experience with the town I had problems in (I have since moved) was that people tended to have a 'boys will be boys' attitude to it all, and thought any kind of police involvment was overkill. Not a lot you can do about that. Although, looking on the Facebook group for my old town, it appears those kids are now teenagers. They have smashed all the windows in the local school and burned down all the stuff the council paid for to keep them busy (basketball, skateboarding). Nobody is saying 'boys will be boys' anymore.

monkfromhavana

I know I'm a little bit late to the party, but you could have just stood bollock naked in the front window having a bit of a wank whilst looking through some binoculars. It they get a bit sarky, say it's an Englishman's right to do what he wishes inside his own house and they're the perverts for looking at you[nb]The "Dave Allen" defence[/nb].

Brian Freeze

Also considering the CCTV camera.

I think the advice was just to put up a sign advising of CCTV being operative, it ought to make them think twice about loitering and pissing about. I think so anyway. Best of luck with it though.

Buelligan

Quote from: madhair60 on July 03, 2020, 04:11:50 PM
I summoned an entity back in 2009, and it now eats half my food. Every meal I consume, half of the energy and nutrients are transferred to the demon. And yet here I am - fat as fuck.

Good thing you've got that demon then.  When you put it like that.

Emma Raducanu

Having kids hang outside your place can be fucking shit when you just want peace. I remember kids using my parents wall as a balancing beam and someone booted their football straight at our window. That was about it really. Once a separate congregation of about 20 teenagers were round our house and one started messing with a loose brick.

My dad matched straight into the garden and told them all to fuck off and they did. I could never do that.

It was the second proudest I've been of him after the time we were on holiday. We were stood beneath a bridge eating fish and chips by a river when, my dad reckoned a group spat at us from up on the bridge. My dad just stood up, worked his way up the banking, approached a group of about 5 lads and spat in one of their faces. My dad might sound mental but he's the gentlest human on earth, which is why I never forgot those incidents and why they're so hilarious to me.

Sebastian Cobb

holyzombiejesus

Ach, I was going to urge you to talk to the kids and politely ask them to not come on your wall but from what you've said, I don't blame you for not wanting to do that. From how you've described it, they just sound like bored kids who haven't got anywhere to go. If they'd come on to your wall to goad you, I think you'd have been made more aware of them by now. They're probably just on your wall 'cause it's an easy place to chill and if they're made aware that they shouldn't be there, they might well move elsewhere. It's only a wall/ drive, there will be lots of other places they can go to where they won't get hassled.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on July 03, 2020, 11:58:03 PM
Ach, I was going to urge you to talk to the kids and politely ask them to not come on your wall but from what you've said, I don't blame you for not wanting to do that. From how you've described it, they just sound like bored kids who haven't got anywhere to go. If they'd come on to your wall to goad you, I think you'd have been made more aware of them by now. They're probably just on your wall 'cause it's an easy place to chill and if they're made aware that they shouldn't be there, they might well move elsewhere. It's only a wall/ drive, there will be lots of other places they can go to where they won't get hassled.

Yeah, reading Fambo's posts I feel like my advice came from a stance of not really understanding the anxiety it has caused. Sitting on a wall opposite someone's gaff while someone asked if their mum was in was standard procedure. We wouldn't have really considered that it belonged it belonged to someone.

Cerys

Quote from: gib on July 03, 2020, 03:21:27 PM
What did the police say?

I'm reliably informed that the answer to that is a sound not dissimilar to 'woop woop'.  Hope this helps.