Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 10:56:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Mumsnet thread MMXX

Started by pancreas, July 01, 2020, 05:29:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pancreas

Previous thread here:

https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=56859.0

So much has changed. Only 4 years ago, the likes of shiftwork2 was opining:

Quote from: shiftwork2 on November 25, 2016, 03:30:44 PM
You can have quite a good read on Mumsnet.  Assumed it would have been full of gasbag horrors talking about how much brighter their child is than other children, how the Boden catalogue isn't what it was and using phrases like 'wine 'o' clock'.  Eye-opener.

and amnesiac was extolling

Quote from: amnesiac on November 25, 2016, 04:08:30 PM
I used Mumsnet to get some absolutely stunning advice on how to get rid of the smell in my washing machine. Top, top burds there.

and imitationleather was wondering

Quote from: imitationleather on November 25, 2016, 05:49:45 PM
Surely a 12 year old can buy their own vibrator with their prepaid VISA card.

And now, it's 'Prosecco Stormfront', 'Faschbook', 'Twimmler', 'Arbeit Macht Freibo'.

So what changed? Obviously the transphobia, but is that it? Does it remain a great place to get advice on ... I dunno ... defrosting?

Sebastian Cobb

I imagine the bits outside of am I being unreasonable are more reasonable and less funny.

All the mums are going on about their rasmus lengths again then, are they?

Marner and Me

Any fucking MILF action on there?

pancreas

I was rather hoping someone might have some up to date anecdotes.

Rainbow Moses

Seems much the same as it was. I don't think the problem is so much what's changed at their end.

Pijlstaart

Mummy is a nazi, hard bedtimes mummy nazi. Operation Ikarus, that's why mums go to Iceland! Kein Pfefferschwein, nur mumienwein!

Jittlebags

Are they still doing threads about post coitus douche receptacles ?

Ferris

Been a long-standing poster on there for years, great forum.

holyzombiejesus

Their sex forum can be quite funny/ bizzare/ frightening.  How sleazy is 'anotherblokelurking'?

https://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/sex/3945778-MMF-so-many-questions

There's another thread where a woman complains that when she kissed her ex, she could never feel his hard on through his "trackies".

flotemysost

Also from the sex forum

QuoteJust testing the waters too see if anyone else has had the snake dreams, so I dreamt I took a pregnancy test & it came back positive but then a small red baby snake with tiny bits of white popped out my belly & I'm sure I killed it as I was scared. Does anyone know the meaning too this?

holyzombiejesus

As is this

QuoteMy DP has the perfect penis for me (and I've had quite a lot). We were chatting about this the other day and I said it would be great to have a dildo which was a copy of his so I cut put it in my arse while we have PIV.

bgmnts

Brilliant!

What is DP and what is PIV?

QuoteIt was a two on one blow job treat in return for me going to the shops early Sunday morning for milk and fags!

holyzombiejesus

Dear partner and penis in vagina.

flotemysost

Quote from: bgmnts on July 01, 2020, 11:21:21 PM
Brilliant!

What is DP and what is PIV?

PIV I believe stands for 'penis in vagina' (specifically as opposed to anal or oral or some other type of sex).

DP I'm guessing in this case could mean 'Dear Partner', as DH is quite well documented as Mumsnet speak for 'Dear Husband/Hubby'.

(I'm not a poster there, just read about it enough over the years, and seen the term PIV used on sexual wellness type sites)

Edit: ah nevermind

QuoteIt was a two on one blow job treat in return for me going to the shops early Sunday morning for milk and fags!

Yeah, that bit made me suspect that poster might be a self-published Kindle author himself.

touchingcloth

Quote from: pancreas on July 01, 2020, 05:29:45 PM
And now, it's 'Prosecco Stormfront', 'Faschbook', 'Twimmler', 'Arbeit Macht Freibo'.

So what changed? Obviously the transphobia, but is that it? Does it remain a great place to get advice on ... I dunno ... defrosting?

I don't think you can easily characterise Mumsnet as one thing. Even this place isn't a hive mind and there's fifty of us, but that place is enormous - instead of Milvertons, they've got subfora of Milvertons.

Sebastian Cobb

I have no idea if that's true but an army of Express-reading Julia Hartley-Brewer agreers is terrifying at a conceptual level.

Ferris

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on July 02, 2020, 01:32:41 AM
I have no idea if that's true but an army of Express-reading Julia Hartley-Brewer agreers is terrifying at a conceptual level.

...but enough about CaB!

Flouncer

Quote from: touchingcloth on July 02, 2020, 01:06:44 AM
I don't think you can easily characterise Mumsnet as one thing. Even this place isn't a hive mind and there's fifty of us, but that place is enormous - instead of Milvertons, they've got subfora of Milvertons.

MILFvertons, surely?

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on July 01, 2020, 11:41:08 PM
Dear partner and penis in vagina.
Unusual way to begin writing a letter

touchingcloth

Quote from: flotemysost on July 01, 2020, 11:46:22 PM
PIV I believe stands for 'penis in vagina' (specifically as opposed to anal or oral or some other type of sex).

DP I'm guessing in this case could mean 'Dear Partner', as DH is quite well documented as Mumsnet speak for 'Dear Husband/Hubby'.

I haven't looked on the site for ages, but I remember (like others have mentioned) assuming the site was going to be a tweefest, then seeing people using all of that Darling Twins bullshit and having my suspicions confirmed, and then the cognitive dissonance of seeing posters litter their writing with acronyms but otherwise using borderline CaB ribaldry and no other hint of twee. It's linguistically and anthropologically interesting to me too see something like Dear Partner which on face value is shit as fuck but which was birthed this Millennium[nb]Probably. I don't know, I haven't researched this post, you idiot.[/nb] but already its actual usage has become divorced from its original meaning. To my mind it's now a genuine shorthand way of saying "partner", which you can contrast with other acronyms of a similar vintage like "LOL" which I would say give you a small hint about a person's personality if they choose to use it in their writing.

idunnosomename

touchingcloth

DS and DD have been a nightmare today, mummy needs a ginterval.

dissolute ocelot

The authoritative Twitter https://twitter.com/mumsnet_madness seems to have recently woken from a gin-induced stupor; I'm not sure if the crazies are waking up again too.

Cuellar

In the Glinner thread (I think) someone posted a link to their thread about Stephen King, which went from tentative excitement that STEPHEN KING!!! might be all TERFy, to giddy elation that YES!! AND HE WON'T BACK DOWN!! TRY AND CANCEL STEPHEN FUCKING KING YOU WOKE IDIOTS!!!, only to turn on a dime to NEVER LIKED THE CUNT ANYWAY when he clarifies that no, he is not all TERFy after all.

I can't find the link now but it was good, trust me.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Cuellar on July 02, 2020, 02:32:26 PM
In the Glinner thread (I think) someone posted a link to their thread about Stephen King, which went from tentative excitement that STEPHEN KING!!! might be all TERFy, to giddy elation that YES!! AND HE WON'T BACK DOWN!! TRY AND CANCEL STEPHEN FUCKING KING YOU WOKE IDIOTS!!!, only to turn on a dime to NEVER LIKED THE CUNT ANYWAY when he clarifies that no, he is not all TERFy after all.

I can't find the link now but it was good, trust me.

Not Mumsnet, Rowling:

Quote from: Barry Admin on June 29, 2020, 07:28:08 AM
It was a fucking brilliant moment, she was absolutely scundered. Linehan had been spunking all over the place on his silly Twitter clone vanity project too:

Barry Admin

This is what Cuellar is referencing: https://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/womens_rights/3952448-Stephen-King-retweets-JKR

Reactions to him "dropping the TWAW bomb" start on page 3.

touchingcloth

Not Rowling, Mumsnet. As you were.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on July 02, 2020, 12:55:06 PM
The authoritative Twitter https://twitter.com/mumsnet_madness seems to have recently woken from a gin-induced stupor; I'm not sure if the crazies are waking up again too.

Lol the one blowing the lid on the big Irish entertainment conspiracy.