Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 03:56:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Seeing a dead animal

Started by holyzombiejesus, July 01, 2020, 09:51:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pingers

I used to work on a farm, and once walked into a shed and saw a pile of empty feed bags so thought I'd better round those up. But as I blithely picked them up I found someone had used them to cover a dead calf, I jumped a fucking mile. Didn't like it. They only had a few cattle, it was mostly an arable farm, otherwise I might have been more used to it. It does seem to be a hard wired reaction for a lot of people.

Saw a cloud lying in the road outside my house.  Thought it was dead, it lay there for hours.

But then some other clouds came and rained on it, and it floated back up into the sky with its friends.

Hope that cheers you up, this has been quite a sad thread really.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: alan nagsworth on July 02, 2020, 12:14:15 PM
fucks sake blodwyn, stop posting inappropriate images on this forum. really not cool

clue is in the title and that is an old image from the wildlife spotting thread.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on July 02, 2020, 12:34:00 PM
Well, It's pretty appropriate themewise, but, yeah, not very nice to look at.
This whole thread is grim, and those fledgling sterling stories are pure upsetting. But I suppose you know what You're letting yourself in for, when clocking the title.

It was my first raccoon spot in Canada, I nicknamed him Punky and we met every day over a course of a few drizzly afternoons until he was no more, gone to feed Coyote or Fox bellies. Making a friend in death is better than losing a friend to death