Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:57:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Fathers 4 Justice

Started by Adrian Brezhnev, May 16, 2005, 10:38:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adrian Brezhnev

I was just wondering.... am I the only person here that is a member of  Fathers 4 Justice?

They've just announced their next demo.... could be an event to rival the Santas For Justice march last December which was a great day.

untitled_london

heh - cool flier

props to them

gazzyk1ns

Haha you're a member of fathers for (sorry, "4") justice? I don't know what to say.

InfiniteFury

Oh Christ, we did F4J last year didn't we?

It didn't end well I'm sure, didn't everyone agree to leave that one and walk away shooting bitter reproachful looks behind us?

chand

Woah, it turns out that sticking 'Mc' in front of everything DOES get old. Fancy that!

I'm not a father so, no, I'm not a member of F4J.

What's the significance of McDonalds?  Is it just because it's a recognisable icon or because it's likely to get a lot of people on your side as it's so reviled?  Bit of a dirty trick, really.

Labian Quest

I often wonder what the F4J's members' kid's think of their antics: "Oh great! daddy's on the news again, this time he's dressed up as Batman"

Cerys

Quote from: "Banana Woofwoof"What's the significance of McDonalds?  Is it just because it's a recognisable icon or because it's likely to get a lot of people on your side as it's so reviled?  Bit of a dirty trick, really.

Isn't it because of the number of fathers who only get to see their kids on the one day in the month when they're allowed to take them to McDonald's?  And to be honest, I reckon using McDonald's to get people on their side is a damn sight less dirty a trick than the one pulled on all the fathers who don't get to see their kids because 'it's better for them to be with their mother'.

I do support fathers4justice, but not neccessarily their methods, they get attention but not so much credibility.

Frinky

Quote from: "Banana Woofwoof"I do support fathers4justice, but not neccessarily their methods, they get attention but not so much credibility.

You can see the appeal for Adrian, then.

Nah, it's ok, I'll fuck off.

Cerys

Sorry, I sounded a bit snippy, didn't I?  I think it was possibly the irony of 'dirty trick' in the context of exploiting McDonald's.  Heh.

gazzyk1ns

Yeah just to be clear, I wasn't so much having a go at F4J (as you might assume, I know shit all about them aside from Batman), just laughing at the fact Brehznev casually says "I'm a member of them" after.. you know, his threads. DId you ever do one of those "Hello, I'm new..." posts in that thread Adrian? What else do we need to know about you?

Quote from: "Cerys"Sorry, I sounded a bit snippy, didn't I?  I think it was possibly the irony of 'dirty trick' in the context of exploiting McDonald's.  Heh.

Oh, you know what I meant, though!

Pinball

McID Card

It's fun!!!!

Cerys

Quote from: "Banana Woofwoof"
Quote from: "Cerys"Sorry, I sounded a bit snippy, didn't I?  I think it was possibly the irony of 'dirty trick' in the context of exploiting McDonald's.  Heh.

Oh, you know what I meant, though!

I hang my head in shame.  I think it's one of those 'I'm feeling evil' nights.

I thought you were feeling SNG.

I hang my head in shame, I think it's one of those "I'm making crap jokes" nights.

Utter Shit

AB, explain something to me, as I've never had the opportunity to ask someone 'in the know' before...what is the logic behind F4J, the extremists of it at least...not being facetious, I genuinely don't see the logic behind campaigning for rights to access to children, by displaying irresponsible and ridiculous behaviour implicitous of being a terrible parent.

Cerys

Possibly we're underestimating the tactics people will resort to when they're desperate for the law to recognise their rights as fathers.

Quote from: "Banana Woofwoof"I thought you were feeling SNG.

Well, I would be feeling SNG, but he's not here.  Consequently I'm dividing my time between making snide observations on the Internet, and cleaning the oven.

Activities we know are perfect in tandem.

Rev

McFluff.  Will Fathers for Justice be making some kind of point this time out, or just saying that they exist again?  I assume they have goals of some kind, but none of these demonstrations or stunts have managed to communicate them so far.

untitled_london

Quote from: "Cerys"
Quote from: "Banana Woofwoof"I thought you were feeling SNG.

Well, I would be feeling SNG, but he's not here.  Consequently I'm dividing my time between making snide observations on the Internet, and cleaning the oven.

holy oven slugs!

if only i could reach my utility belt

Utter Shit

I remember when F4J were planning a 'hit' on the hospital I work at. Poor little tykes didn't realise it isn't opening until February 2006. Top marks for effort though.

Dusty Gozongas

Quote from: "Utter Shit"I genuinely don't see the logic behind campaigning for rights to access to children, by displaying irresponsible and ridiculous behaviour implicitous of being a terrible parent.

It's arguable that they're not being given the chance to be a parent anyway, hence their harmless pranks.

It's also arguable that "impliticious" isn't a word but I suppose it makes sense in it's own way too ;)

Adrian Brezhnev

Quote from: "Cerys"Isn't it because of the number of fathers who only get to see their kids on the one day in the month when they're allowed to take them to McDonald's?  And to be honest, I reckon using McDonald's to get people on their side is a damn sight less dirty a trick than the one pulled on all the fathers who don't get to see their kids because 'it's better for them to be with their mother'.
Spot on, that, I believe is EXACTLY the reason that they are chosing the McDonalds theme.

By the way, it is perfectly normal for people to react to hearing about the subject of F4J by talking about the Batman incidents.

Fathers 4 Justice has several thousand members; it's only a couple of them (and certainly not me) that dressed up as Batman.

Quote from: "gazzyk1ns"DId you ever do one of those "Hello, I'm new..." posts in that thread Adrian? What else do we need to know about you?

I'm not sure I ever did the "hello I'm new" thing.

I have a six-year old son who is the subject of a child contact battle that I am having to take my ex-ex to court over.

I'd never brought this up before as it's the most painful subject in my rather complicated life, and it never felt like a sensible topic to discuss, what with me being (perhaps justifiably) regarded by some as "that idiot Brezhnev".

untitled_london

Quote from: "Adrian Brezhnev"

tough break fella. i hope it works out for ya.

i was gonna carry on the jokes from other threads, but it seemed a little "too" far.

Leila

Quote from: "Utter Shit"I remember when F4J were planning a 'hit' on the hospital I work at. Poor little tykes didn't realise it isn't opening until February 2006. Top marks for effort though.

why on earth were they targeting a hospital? Cos babies are born there are something?

I do feel deep sympathy for parents and grandparents who are unable to see their own offspring but I find F4J to be a tad aggressive.  

I wonder how many men there are in the horrid postion of not being able to visit their kids through no fault of their own? And how would this figure contrast to men who couldn't be arsed even financing the children they sire, let alone acknowledging them?  I imagine the latter would be a much higher figure.

Leila

Say no to McBlair? What the fuck?

Is there any link between the UKIP/BNP and F4J?

Suttonpubcrawl

Quote from: "Leila"I wonder how many men there are in the horrid postion of not being able to visit their kids through no fault of their own? And how would this figure contrast to men who couldn't be arsed even financing the children they sire, let alone acknowledging them?  I imagine the latter would be a much higher figure.

I fail to see the relevance. If there are men who want to see their children and are not being allowed to, how are fathers with a completely different attitude relevant to them?

Leila

Quote from: "Suttonpubcrawl"

I fail to see the relevance. If there are men who want to see their children and are not being allowed to, how are fathers with a completely different attitude relevant to them?

I strongly suspect that the high proportion of fathers who couldn't be bothered with their offspring must affect the custody decisions being made in courts. Clearly this isn't very fair on the fathers that genuinely want to see their children.

Lady Beaner

I saw a member of Fathers for Justice zipping along the Thames in a speedboat outside my flat a few days ago.  How did I know he was a member?  He was wearing a badly fitted Batman costume, cape billowing in the wind and being chased by the Boat Police.  It was fucking hilarious!  

I had heard that F4J had been planning attacks on Police Boats with paintball guns.  I even got me binoculars out to see if there was going to be any 'action', but fuck all happened.  I don't understand how they thought that paintballing the cops was going to help their cause though.