Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 04:25:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Fathers 4 Justice

Started by Adrian Brezhnev, May 16, 2005, 10:38:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adrian Brezhnev

Quote from: "Pinball"F4J is now a brand it would appear, and Matt is defending his copyright. Honestly... The phrase couldn't organise a pissup in a brewery comes to mind.
It's a shame really, as they used to be quite good at organising piss-ups, and getting themselves heard.

It seems as if Matt is letting people walk all over him, and that's taking the wind out of his sails in terms of being a radical voice of reason.

weirdbeard

There's a big story on the front page of tomorrows Sun about members of Fathers 4 Justice being allegedly in a plot to kidnap Tony Blair's baby son Leo. One automatically treats a story in The Sun with certain doubt, but they can't make something like this up can they? If true, what the name of Christ are these members of F4J thinking of?    Do they think Blair would get down on his hands and knees and grant them their every wish?  God, it's like something out of Air Force One or something.

EDIT:  Ha, one of The Sun journos in on Sky News now trying to justify the story.  From what he's saying, the paper is blowing it all out of proportion.  Even the Sky newsreaders is saying, "this is all vague bollocks, isn't it?".

chand

That would be unbelievably stupid and wrongheaded if they tried it.

But yes, it probably is bollocks.

Blaaah

EDIT: Nah, it was a bit unfair, now I think about it.

LadyDay

http://www.fathers-4-justice.org/

Looks like the end for F4J, they've suspended it.

Some Herbert

Quote from: "LadyDay"http://www.fathers-4-justice.org/

Looks like the end for F4J, they've suspended it.

About time too. Hopefully they'll crawl back under the rock they came from.

Almost Yearly

Now then, what did the news say about the economy and unemployment figures again?

TraceyQ

I know! I know!

Unemployment back up to 5%, average earnings down and children from well off families are least likely to suffer Sudden Infant Death Syndrome.

Pinball

But on the bright side, the UK will finish paying off WW2 LendLease loans to the US this year. Yippee..

RFT

cool, now those B-17s and Shermans are ours outright to whatever we like with....

Pinball

$70 billion. Not as much as I thought actually. Although that and the Empire was quite a lot I guess...

Cerys

You know, anyone would think that the 'plan to kidnap Leo Blair' was trumped up by people who knew that F4J would have to disband if it got into the papers....

TraceyQ

They've thrown in the towel completely, website is offline.

Pinball

It's very sad that F4J have just given up completely, because many of the things they were fighting for were admirable. Family law is hugely biased against men, and men should be allowed to have their own campaigning groups without being continually shouted down (and often accepting this state of affairs, sadly). How dare men have a point of view!

But to propose such outrageous criminal activity was remarkably dumb. And a wonderful gift for The Establishment Ltd. (Subsidiary of US Government Group Inc.).

MojoJojo

From what I heard, it was a group of blokes who had been chucked out of F4J. And the claims only seem to be some drunk blokes chatting about it (all completely unbacked by any evidence, beyond "police sources".

I know I'm a bit late, but I'm starting to get a bit worried about this governments manipulation of the press. Whenever there is some bad news there seems to be something else coordinated to steal the headlines.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: "TraceyQ"They've thrown in the towel completely, website is offline.
Still there today.  Maybe it had a hiccup.

LadyDay

Where did all the paranoia come from? The bloke who ran F4J has never denied that it was infiltrated by extremists and that is what has made him shut it down, not the actions of the police or the government.

Sometimes it's not the government, it's just idiots doing stupid things.

Make me smile

Quote from: "MojoJojo"From what I heard, it was a group of blokes who had been chucked out of F4J. And the claims only seem to be some drunk blokes chatting about it (all completely unbacked by any evidence, beyond "police sources".

I know I'm a bit late, but I'm starting to get a bit worried about this governments manipulation of the press. Whenever there is some bad news there seems to be something else coordinated to steal the headlines.

Precisely. The Government have been sitting on this for a while now; I bet they're pissed off they had to waste it on Ruth Kelly though.

Daaaaaaan

Do you think Ruth Kelly signs things 'R. Kelly' ?

hands cold, liver warm

Quote from: "Daaaaaaan"Do you think Ruth Kelly signs things 'R. Kelly' ?

ha

he had a problem concerning sex with kids as well

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

How ironic that he's trapped in the closet while she's about to get kicked out of the cabinet.

Some Herbert

Quote from: "Pinball"[...] men should be allowed to have their own campaigning groups without being continually shouted down (and often accepting this state of affairs, sadly). How dare men have a point of view!

It's not a case of men not being allowed a point of view. Men frequently get to express their point of view, often with the aid of their fists (or more likely, knives), so I don't believe it's a stifling of dissent based on gender. F4J were becoming a nuisance and an embarrassment for the Government, and so it was almost inevitable they would be forced to close. If they hadn't, the next step would've been round-ups of its members under the Terrorism Act.

Don't make this another "poor men have such a hard time" issue. Groups like F4J remind me of white supremicist groups - constantly whining about what a crap hand they've been dealt in life, when in fact they are the ones who have the whip-hand in almost every other respect. Plus, it's been mentioned that F4J members have resorted to some fairly ugly harrassment tactics, which hasn't helped their cause at all.

Purple Tentacle

Quote from: "Some Herbert"Groups like F4J remind me of white supremicist groups - constantly whining about what a crap hand they've been dealt in life, when in fact they are the ones who have the whip-hand in almost every other respect.

What? Each case is individual, and, believe it or not, the vast majority of fathers in divorce are NOT abusive or violent, and to tar seemingly all seperated fathers with the violence brush simply because of their supposedly intrinsically violent gender is grossly over-simplifying and insulting.