Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 01:32:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

So I hear you're still a racist now, David Starkey

Started by marquis_de_sad, July 02, 2020, 07:16:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marquis_de_sad

"Slavery was not genocide, otherwise there wouldn't be so many damn blacks in Africa or in Britain would there?"
- David Starkey, Famous Historian from the loony left Bolshevik Broadcasting Corporation.

https://twitter.com/AyoCaesar/status/1278657405807706117

Twit 2

He was a big fan of Gove's "int Britain great?" history National Curriculum.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

He has already revealed himself to be a racist, this just reveals a bit more, like dance of the 7 veils, but instead of a beautiful woman, a repulsive sewage goblin, and instead of alluring translucent veils, layer upon layer of hideousness.

Retinend

Pretty horrendous sounding, but I can't help feel he was getting worked up over the semantics of "genocide" at the same time (does anyone from BLM even use that word?) and was not actually saying "there's too many damn blacks in Africa and England". It just sounded that way.

He says "they are products of it, we are products of it" but what does that really mean? If we are all products of that age does it mean we are all just equal citizens? Not to mention the dodgy "we"/"they".

pancreas

What he was saying was so fucking stupid it's beyond belief. He thinks the Catholic–Protestant animus is ancient history.

He is the reason we need to decolonise the curriculum. He thinks the British Empire was great because that's his version of history and everything else is extrapolated from there.

Sebastian Cobb

'now'

It'll be interesting if the beep keep using him. Doing so would make the all the dropping stuff from the archives transparent performative allyship.

Buelligan

It's like he's powered by pure vitriol.  Noxious, hopefully this is the last time any of us will ever hear of him.

marquis_de_sad

Maybe the thread title is stupidly written, but I don't think he's suddenly become a racist, hence the word "still".

Buelligan

As long as I can remember, I've been struck by my strong aversion to him.

Wonderful Butternut

Quote from: Retinend on July 02, 2020, 07:42:56 PM
Pretty horrendous sounding, but I can't help feel he was getting worked up over the semantics of "genocide" at the same time (does anyone from BLM even use that word?) and was not actually saying "there's too many damn blacks in Africa and England". It just sounded that way.

Historians, particularly old and curmudgeonly ones, have a habit of being careful and deliberate with their language. As demonstrated by this bloke getting asspained about the semantics of genocide. Leaving aside any previous utterances or stances for a moment, cos I CBA doing serious digging on this bloke right now, I'd be staggered if there isn't at least an undercurrent of bigotry running in this guy for him to say it like that.

Mister Six

Quote from: pancreas on July 02, 2020, 07:44:54 PM
He is the reason we need to decolonise the curriculum.

He's the reason we need to de-David Starkey the universe.

Buelligan

Quote from: Wonderful Butternut on July 02, 2020, 08:07:34 PM
Historians, particularly old and curmudgeonly ones, have a habit of being careful and deliberate with their language. As demonstrated by this bloke getting asspained about the semantics of genocide. Leaving aside any previous utterances or stances for a moment, cos I CBA doing serious digging on this bloke right now, I'd be staggered if there isn't at least an undercurrent of bigotry running in this guy for him to say it like that.

No need for serious digging, simply google david starkey cunt and see what happens to your account.

Twonty Gostelow

Well I for one love listening to bitter old poofs. More please.

kalowski

Maybe Fitzwilliam had never listened to him speak before

Shoulders?-Stomach!

pancreas

Fucking honorary fellowships. I swear the only reason for their existence is to swallow up the time allotted to college governing bodies by arguing about absolutely fuck all, so the fellows have less time to lay into the bursar for being a cunt. They give out hundreds of the fucking things and the recipients never actually turn up to do anything.

Actually maybe they have to come to the college once to receive it. So it's basically a glitter-dusted dinner invitation.

Sebastian Cobb

Agree they're pointless, but also annoyed that when I got my degree I got some nobody while my mate got Robert Winston the year later.

Sebastian Cobb

Same happened with my Duke of Edinburgh, my group got some bloke who dressed up for the London Marathon while a bit further up I saw another group with Andi Peters.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Fitzwilliam College should be convening to discuss whether it should dynamite itself.

The values of the Fitzwilliam College.

Quotealso annoyed that when I got my degree I got some nobody while my mate got Robert Winston the year later.

Robert Winston is a Christian-Science 'handsy' bogbrush fucking turdscape. Anyone with half an ounce of dignity would accept the degree certificate then kick him down into the orchestra pit.

greenman

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on July 02, 2020, 08:40:50 PM
Fitzwilliam College should be convening to discuss whether it should dynamite itself.

The values of the Fitzwilliam College.

Robert Winston is a Christian-Science 'handsy' bogbrush fucking turdscape. Anyone with half an ounce of dignity would accept the degree certificate then kick him down into the orchestra pit.

yeah but he looks like my dad's mate joinsey!

pancreas

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on July 02, 2020, 08:37:58 PM
Agree they're pointless, but also annoyed that when I got my degree I got some nobody while my mate got Robert Winston the year later.

People here pine for the days that Chris Patten used to do the speeches. The last graduation I went to was the then VC banging on about 'excellence ... but with a purpose'. Whole audience (of mostly parents) totally nonplussed. The guy was on his soapbox, and a rancid pigmy-brained one at that.

So yes, I can see that Patten would be a step up. They won't even let me play the fantastic new Aubertin organ for the graduations, despite the fact I'm amazing, because they'd lose 4 inches of chair space. So there's a Northumbrian piper instead. Cart before horse, if you ask me.

Cold Meat Platter

What a stupid old fucking cunt.

Remember when he took a benny at Laurie Penny? No time for her at all but I would have happily leathered him for that.

Kryton

Blimey.

Has anyone responded with 'mate' on his twitter account?

Armin Meiwes

You know things were bad when EVEN THAT SNIVELLING LITTLE RACIST SHIT BAG Darren Grimes distanced himself from the comments.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: pancreas on July 02, 2020, 08:45:47 PM
People here pine for the days that Chris Patten used to do the speeches. The last graduation I went to was the then VC banging on about 'excellence ... but with a purpose'. Whole audience (of mostly parents) totally nonplussed. The guy was on his soapbox, and a rancid pigmy-brained one at that.

So yes, I can see that Patten would be a step up. They won't even let me play the fantastic new Aubertin organ for the graduations, despite the fact I'm amazing, because they'd lose 4 inches of chair space. So there's a Northumbrian piper instead. Cart before horse, if you ask me.

At my High School awards thing we got Digby Jones. I thought he was a pompous cunt then, and the next day in sixth form another lad had a bit of an argument with the teacher over whether he was being xenophobic, which he sort of was.

Don't know what he was doing at the state comprehensive to begin with. He went to the private one we backed on to.

BlodwynPig

Mister Six

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 02, 2020, 09:20:07 PM
Bastani did a piece earlier this evening on this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCLWcqUukyo

Started watching that and thought the Epoch Times guy had let himself go.

Jollity

In 2011, when the riots of that year were going on, Starkey said that it was the fault of violent black culture, and that white people rioting had been negatively influenced by black culture. Meanwhile, he added, black people who were respectable and not rioting had been positively influenced by sensible white culture. He specifically mentioned David Lammy as an example of a respectable black person who "sounds white on the radio".

Anyway, my point is that Starkey has been racist for ages.