Author Topic: The Pest of British Comedy  (Read 11162 times)

QDRPHNC

• Golden Member
  • "A soup├žon of pizzazz."
Re: The Pest of British Comedy
« Reply #90 on: September 03, 2020, 11:52:04 PM »
Well, yes. But my point was that he is clearly pursuing fame, which seems rather reckless if you've raped a bunch of people and would rather nobody finds out.

j_u_d_a_s

• Enjoy the weekend, you'll be dead on Monday!
« Reply #91 on: September 04, 2020, 03:21:39 AM »
Since that article has come out, a few other women comics including a mate of mine have spoken about their experiences with him which range from mild to horrifying. Always hated the smug cunt so yeah, I unambiguously do hope this ends his piss poor slideshow career.

Mobius

• he who hingeth aboot getteth hee haw
« Reply #92 on: September 04, 2020, 03:37:52 AM »
I only know James Veitch because his shit unfunny Ted Talk about replying to spam emails is constantly being recommended to me on Youtube

« Reply #93 on: September 04, 2020, 10:15:36 AM »
Well, yes. But my point was that he is clearly pursuing fame, which seems rather reckless if you've raped a bunch of people and would rather nobody finds out.

If anything good comes from this, is might be that ambitious young male comics might start seriously considering not sexually assaulting or raping people purely as a practical career move.

The Mollusk

• I was a hand grenade that never stopped exploding
« Reply #94 on: September 04, 2020, 10:59:24 AM »

Let's not discount just how deeply rooted male egotism is though, revelling in thinking you're unstoppable and you can basically do whatever you want, which isn't a million miles away from the chekky "hiding in plain sight" shit that you get from cunts like Ted Bundy and John Wayne Gacy.

Granted, Veitch was not yet as famous as most big names who use high status to get away with it, but then it doesn't take any shred of intelligence for men to behave like this. It is woven thick enough into the fabric for a lot of men to think they can get away with it regardless. It takes far more intelligence to question these standards and actively try to distance from them, and so by that logic it's safe to conclude that James Veitch was just a stupid fucking twat.

« Reply #95 on: September 04, 2020, 11:09:47 AM »
I only know James Veitch because his shit unfunny Ted Talk about replying to spam emails is constantly being recommended to me on Youtube

A colleague sent me the link to that as they thought it was a genuine explanation breaking down what happens when you interact with spam, an issue which sometimes comes up in my work.

I watched it and was genuinely angry at how lazy, hack and obvious it all was. To call it beige would be a compliment.

thenoise

• Golden Member
« Reply #96 on: September 04, 2020, 12:37:07 PM »

Oh ... THAT cunt.

No loss either comedically or as a human being. Cancel 'im Sarge.

« Reply #97 on: September 04, 2020, 04:31:56 PM »
Did you see Lou Sanders tweets after this Veitch thing?

and there's another fucking uk comic rapist on here who i know has raped ppl but its not my story to tell & the women want to forget it 💔

- that one remains on her timeline but it followed on from one saying someone who was RTing about the Veitch thing was widely regarded as a sex pest themselves.

« Reply #98 on: September 05, 2020, 01:12:12 PM »
Never heard of Veitch either, but upon Googling him I hereby declare his look as local nonce moonlights as low budget Graham Coxon impersonator

neveragain

• like those swamp tar pits that bubble and go Gloop
« Reply #99 on: September 05, 2020, 02:41:02 PM »
and there's another fucking uk comic rapist on here who i know has raped ppl but its not my story to tell & the women want to forget it 💔

Not her story but also not a helpful tweet, and one that can only lead to witch-hunting.

Angrew Lloyg Wegger

• can we lose the part
  • Golden Member
  • about the slow crushing of his skull?
    • instagram ponce
« Reply #100 on: September 05, 2020, 04:50:10 PM »
Not mentioning anyone by name is going to lead to witch hunting?

Twonty Gostelow

• Sent from my bum using Crapatalk
« Reply #101 on: September 05, 2020, 05:21:15 PM »
I didn't realise he was Peter Glaze's grandson.

neveragain

• like those swamp tar pits that bubble and go Gloop
« Reply #102 on: September 06, 2020, 11:26:47 PM »
Not mentioning anyone by name is going to lead to witch hunting?

I think so. People will start looking for people to blame (the tweet immediately makes you wonder who it is). And some could send messages to or about someone without any evidence. Or organise a Glinner-esque campaign of twattery. Yes, it's unlikely or could happen anyway - depending on your view - but I still don't see how tweets like Lou's help anyone. The only positive I can see coming from it is if the woman mentioned speaks up but even then it seems like egging her on when she might not want to for whatever reason.

Tags: