Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:23:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Pest of British Comedy

Started by Tony Yeboah, July 03, 2020, 12:54:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QDRPHNC

Well, yes. But my point was that he is clearly pursuing fame, which seems rather reckless if you've raped a bunch of people and would rather nobody finds out.

j_u_d_a_s

Since that article has come out, a few other women comics including a mate of mine have spoken about their experiences with him which range from mild to horrifying. Always hated the smug cunt so yeah, I unambiguously do hope this ends his piss poor slideshow career.

Mobius

I only know James Veitch because his shit unfunny Ted Talk about replying to spam emails is constantly being recommended to me on Youtube

Jack Shaftoe

Quote from: QDRPHNC on September 03, 2020, 11:52:04 PM
Well, yes. But my point was that he is clearly pursuing fame, which seems rather reckless if you've raped a bunch of people and would rather nobody finds out.

If anything good comes from this, is might be that ambitious young male comics might start seriously considering not sexually assaulting or raping people purely as a practical career move.

The Mollusk

Quote from: QDRPHNC on September 03, 2020, 11:52:04 PM

Let's not discount just how deeply rooted male egotism is though, revelling in thinking you're unstoppable and you can basically do whatever you want, which isn't a million miles away from the chekky "hiding in plain sight" shit that you get from cunts like Ted Bundy and John Wayne Gacy.

Granted, Veitch was not yet as famous as most big names who use high status to get away with it, but then it doesn't take any shred of intelligence for men to behave like this. It is woven thick enough into the fabric for a lot of men to think they can get away with it regardless. It takes far more intelligence to question these standards and actively try to distance from them, and so by that logic it's safe to conclude that James Veitch was just a stupid fucking twat.

frajer

Quote from: Mobius on September 04, 2020, 03:37:52 AM
I only know James Veitch because his shit unfunny Ted Talk about replying to spam emails is constantly being recommended to me on Youtube

A colleague sent me the link to that as they thought it was a genuine explanation breaking down what happens when you interact with spam, an issue which sometimes comes up in my work.

I watched it and was genuinely angry at how lazy, hack and obvious it all was. To call it beige would be a compliment.

thenoise

Quote from: Mobius on September 04, 2020, 03:37:52 AM

Oh ... THAT cunt.

No loss either comedically or as a human being. Cancel 'im Sarge.

MigraineBoy

Did you see Lou Sanders tweets after this Veitch thing?

and there's another fucking uk comic rapist on here who i know has raped ppl but its not my story to tell & the women want to forget it 💔

- that one remains on her timeline but it followed on from one saying someone who was RTing about the Veitch thing was widely regarded as a sex pest themselves.

good times

Never heard of Veitch either, but upon Googling him I hereby declare his look as local nonce moonlights as low budget Graham Coxon impersonator

neveragain

Quote from: MigraineBoy on September 04, 2020, 04:31:56 PM
and there's another fucking uk comic rapist on here who i know has raped ppl but its not my story to tell & the women want to forget it 💔

Not her story but also not a helpful tweet, and one that can only lead to witch-hunting.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Not mentioning anyone by name is going to lead to witch hunting?

Twonty Gostelow

I didn't realise he was Peter Glaze's grandson.

neveragain

Quote from: Angrew Lloyg Wegger on September 05, 2020, 04:50:10 PM
Not mentioning anyone by name is going to lead to witch hunting?

I think so. People will start looking for people to blame (the tweet immediately makes you wonder who it is). And some could send messages to or about someone without any evidence. Or organise a Glinner-esque campaign of twattery. Yes, it's unlikely or could happen anyway - depending on your view - but I still don't see how tweets like Lou's help anyone. The only positive I can see coming from it is if the woman mentioned speaks up but even then it seems like egging her on when she might not want to for whatever reason.

Mobius

Joe Oakes

Quote from: Mobius on November 16, 2021, 10:55:30 PM
Oh he's got a twitter lets see what his views are on stuff

https://twitter.com/PhileoHuff/status/1446768523565486083

After a quick scan, I think he'll go down well here. He's a big supporter of; Chappelle, Jeremy Piven & Farrakhan.

His Travis Scott joke is also a peach.

Must admit that my joy at his downfall has been tempered by the fact that I'd not heard of him until now.

Bronzy

Apparently he has two bullet wounds from being shot.

Gee, I wonder how that could have happened? He seems like such an amenable guy.

Bronzy

Quote from: Joe Oakes on November 16, 2021, 11:39:21 PM
After a quick scan, I think he'll go down well here. He's a big supporter of; Chappelle, Jeremy Piven & Farrakhan.

His Travis Scott joke is also a peach.

Must admit that my joy at his downfall has been tempered by the fact that I'd not heard of him until now.

He seems to be the perfect representation of the absolute dregs of American comedy, a horribly unfunny hack who is also a complete scumbag as a person to boot.

See also: Chris D'Elia, et al.

McChesney Duntz

This is a fine (and needed) thing indeed, but did no one consider that "Get Off" mightn't be the most appropriate name for an anti-sexual-harassment initiative?

typeforty

Does any of this ever make a difference? As far as I can tell, everyone who was named at the start of the thread is still pretty much where they were last June... Singh Kohli isn't doing anything of note, but his media career was on the downslide long before any allegations came out. Just a bit of a "What's the point of it all", really.

Pimhole

And Graham Linehan remained silent

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: typeforty on November 19, 2021, 04:27:15 PMDoes any of this ever make a difference? As far as I can tell, everyone who was named at the start of the thread is still pretty much where they were last June... Singh Kohli isn't doing anything of note, but his media career was on the downslide long before any allegations came out. Just a bit of a "What's the point of it all", really.
It shows how completely and utterly toothless "cancellation" is, and how the reaction against it is simply a reaction against us peons having any say at all in anything, even the media we consume.

chveik

Quote from: typeforty on November 19, 2021, 04:27:15 PMDoes any of this ever make a difference? As far as I can tell, everyone who was named at the start of the thread is still pretty much where they were last June... Singh Kohli isn't doing anything of note, but his media career was on the downslide long before any allegations came out. Just a bit of a "What's the point of it all", really.

it's a sign of our powerlessness, and if we want things to change we have to take the matter into our own hands because the rich and powerful will never face the consequences of their actions under the current system.

bgmnts

We don't have it in us anymore, the only real answer is what, fiscal protest or violent protest? The only two languages these cunts understand is the threat of force or losing out on money.

zomgmouse

I dunno, James Veitch seems to be nowhere to be found for example

I never got the sense James Veitch had any kind of real groundswell or audience despite the boasts about viewcounts, or tangentially that he was part of any kind of scene or clique with influential friends to try and launder his reputation. There's no money or clout to be made from giving him work, a perfectly good sacrificial lamb to prove We Really Do Take This Kind Of Thing Very Seriously