Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 12:15:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Disgraced wankbeast releases new audio series [split topic]

Started by lankyguy95, July 03, 2020, 06:48:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noodle Lizard

Quote from: BeardFaceMan on July 04, 2020, 09:55:22 PM
When he does that bit in his stand up about showing his dick to a girl with Downs Syndrome when he was a kid but it was ok because he asked her first, it certainly makes his later actions understandable.

There's that whole "whip it out" episode in the first series of Louie too. It wouldn't surprise me if it was some kind of childhood incident that kicked it off, that's how a lot of fetishes develop. I don't think there's anything wrong with the fetish itself, I might add - it doesn't seem like doing it unannounced or without consent is a major part of it - but it's easy to see where it could go very wrong in practice.

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: Noodle Lizard on July 05, 2020, 12:42:55 AM
I don't think there's anything wrong with the fetish itself, I might add - it doesn't seem like doing it unannounced or without consent is a major part of it - but it's easy to see where it could go very wrong in practice.

I think that's where a lot of people went wrong with Louie, thinking that he was being kink-shamed so what's the big deal, it's just wanking. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that kind of thing (even if he did do it when he was married), it's entirely the way he went about it and used his position of power and influence to do it it with women who were too scared/intimidated to say no, and then used the power and influence to stop them talking about it for years afterwards. Because the other scenario is that Louie thinks that young women around half his age want to watch a ginger, balding, overweight, married, middle-aged man have a wank, and he's not that fucking stupid.

Joe Oakes

As an aside, if he hadn't already been cancelled, I reckon his famous etymology of the N word rift on O&A would have recently resurfaced. He'd gotten so big, I doubt either the fact that it was genuinely very funny or that Patrice was in attendance would have been enough to prevent some kickback.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRDXeinEUJQ

Shaky

Quote from: BeardFaceMan on July 05, 2020, 01:36:43 AM
I think that's where a lot of people went wrong with Louie, thinking that he was being kink-shamed so what's the big deal, it's just wanking. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that kind of thing (even if he did do it when he was married), it's entirely the way he went about it and used his position of power and influence to do it it with women who were too scared/intimidated to say no, and then used the power and influence to stop them talking about it for years afterwards. Because the other scenario is that Louie thinks that young women around half his age want to watch a ginger, balding, overweight, married, middle-aged man have a wank, and he's not that fucking stupid.

Excellent comment. It's not difficult to ascertain whether someone wants to watch you have a wank or not. It's not some murky grey area. If both people are into it, they make their desire known. I've heard several tales of female friends (from school onwards) having to put up with some creep having a fiddle with himself on public transport.  Louis is basically no better than the old man on the bus pumping his plums while gawping at a schoolgirl sitting nearby. For fuck's sake, leave that shit until you're on your own. CK and his most ardent apologists may think he's just exercising his basic human sexual rights, but he really isn't.

Joe Oakes

Thanks to the lessons learned from Louis CK about positions of power, these days the only people I ever ask to watch me masturbate are; my boss, policemen and Greta Thunberg.

Puce Moment

Quote from: BeardFaceMan on July 05, 2020, 01:36:43 AMI think that's where a lot of people went wrong with Louie, thinking that he was being kink-shamed so what's the big deal, it's just wanking. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that kind of thing (even if he did do it when he was married), it's entirely the way he went about it and used his position of power and influence to do it it with women who were too scared/intimidated to say no, and then used the power and influence to stop them talking about it for years afterwards. Because the other scenario is that Louie thinks that young women around half his age want to watch a ginger, balding, overweight, married, middle-aged man have a wank, and he's not that fucking stupid.

Pin to the top of the thread.

Petey Pate

Quote from: Noodle Lizard on July 04, 2020, 09:13:21 PM
I haven't read back on those threads (presumably the early wankbeast threads), but I actually remember feeling bad about butting heads with a few people here over Louie and Horace & Pete back in the day because I thought it was shite.

I haven't revisited any of Louie or Horace and Pete since CK admitted to being a wankbeast, but I do remember disagreeing with you at the time. Never felt it was anything more serious than simply having a different opinion, so I wouldn't worry about 'butting heads'.

I'd probably find it very difficult to look at those shows objectively now (would be a lot easier if Louis' face wasn't on screen 95% of the time, and if he wasn't talking about sex half the time), so I can't really say if my opinions have changed. Though at the time season 5 of Louie was pretty poor with the exception of the Jon Glazer episode.

kngen

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on July 04, 2020, 04:26:39 PM
by that time I'd read the rumours of what he got up to - which you can enjoy unfolding in this thread - https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,48179.60.html

I started that thread! Woooo!

(Not quite sure why I'm proud of that, but there you go. As predicted in the opening post, I no longer quote the wankbeast, and my wife hates me slightly less as a result. Every time he resurfaces I cringe a little. I think it's because I felt totally duped by him, as there was so much of his comedy that I identified with. Like BoBB says, I really wish he'd just fuck off.)

Mr Faineant

I've been listening to these "long distance relationship" things and they really aren't good, but it's a bit of a train wreck so hard not to keep listening. Whenever he mentions something sexual, it feels a bit tasteless and like a subject he should be avoiding. The most recent one, 4 I think, he talks a lot about wanking and cumming, which really seems a bit much. He grazes "the incident" but seems to take a victim role for himself, apart from one comment. It's a fucking weird listen, I'll tell you that much.

mr. logic

Can you give more details about what he says about the incident?

Clownbaby

To be honest before any sign of him being a minger I never did enjoy his stuff. So very close to other things I do love and find funny but something about him wasn't gelling. One of those ''if you like ___________ you'll love [Louis CK!]" ones, and I never could.

idunnosomename

i have for the last fifteen minutes been enjoying singing "disgraced wankbeast" to the riff of "You Can Call Me Al"