Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 10:16:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Missing lockdown

Started by poo, July 03, 2020, 11:11:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

Quote from: DolphinFace on July 04, 2020, 09:58:41 PM
Am I the only one still in lockdown then? My boss called me a few days ago saying we're not back until 1st August.

I've still got another months holiday. It has been an incredible time to date. It's the first time in 15 years I've had more than 10 days off. My alarm goes at 5:30am and I've adapted to getting up at 9 really well. I haven't slept this well since I was a baby. It's shocking to imagine I'm probably going to end up back to work until I'm about 70 years old without a similar break again.

Despite being in lockdown, I still haven't had a holiday of more than 2 days for 10 years (enforced Christmas break excluded)

idunnosomename

I didnt appreciate it enough. Miss it now. Plus ca change.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 05, 2020, 10:03:44 AM
Despite being in lockdown, I still haven't had a holiday of more than 2 days for 10 years (enforced Christmas break excluded)

You're not one of these people, surely?

Sebastian Cobb

I think we're going to be WFH for a while yet. Our office is roughly split into Electronics/Mechanical/Software engineers. The electronics people have a lab with stuff they need and the mechanical lot work closely with the people in the workshop, so they need the space more. So there's talk of using every other desk and using our desks as hotdesks or whatever. There's really not much point in half of us being in, as we'll still have to do everything using remote working tools anyway.

Catalogue Trousers

QuoteI have absolutely loved every second, and had been looking forward in glee to a couple more months of it.

Fret not, kittens, it's not over yet. It's still in place right now, even though it's been 'relaxed': and, if all goes as seems likely after the wankers decided to get pissed in throngs last night, that second wave and even more stringent lockdown should be with us by September or so this year at latest. Chin up, old bean.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on July 05, 2020, 09:10:23 PM
You're not one of these people, surely?

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...