Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,467
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:50:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Comedy ideas that became reality

Started by Utter Shit, July 04, 2020, 05:35:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Utter Shit

Shit title, probably a shit topic, I just wanted to bring this to your attention. Gary Strang must be fuming at the intellectual property theft.

bgmnts

Donald Trump becoming president of the united states is a pretty obvious one.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

A British Prime Minister fucking a pig. Although technically that was already a reality before Brooker came up with the idea for Black Mirror, but he wasn't to know that. I remember him being absolutely delighted when the story broke, understandably so.

studpuppet

I was annoyed to discover that no one has started up a World Stare-Out Championship. Did come across this which almost fulfils the remit:

https://youtu.be/iGG5OhEcpOQ

neveragain

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on July 04, 2020, 06:18:58 PM
A British Prime Minister fucking a pig. Although technically that was already a reality before Brooker came up with the idea for Black Mirror, but he wasn't to know that. I remember him being absolutely delighted when the story broke, understandably so.

Lucky too. If I remember correctly from the behind-the-scenes book, they were very close to it being a goat. Possibly a gibbon, though I may have dreamt that.

petril

the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy was the basis for wikis, and also spawned it's irl version

zomgmouse

Quote from: petrilTanaka on July 04, 2020, 11:14:12 PM
the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy was the basis for wikis, and also spawned it's irl version

Also how Altavista named its translator function "Babelfish".

Or I guess spam being called "spam"

BlodwynPig

Quote from: notjosh on July 05, 2020, 09:56:58 AM
Heads or Tails

Heads or Tails

was thinking of that show yesterday when I glimpsed that ITV were showing a "Best Ever Finals" for the equally baffling show Tipping Point (I guess Coronavirus meant they had no new shows filmed).

2010. Heads Or Tails. The Beige had finally succumbed. The cud chomping audience, you can hear them audibly inheriting the dead eyed rictus grin and automaton clapping of their 1980s forefathers and mothers. At least in the 1980s, there was a certain "buy in" to the capitalist entertainment they were mainlining.

petril

the one my friends had in about 1999 where out of everyone in Neighbours, Toadie would end up being the lifer

magval

On the Hour ends with a half hour news broadcast becoming a 24 hour station. That's was 1992 or so, how old is all-day news as a concept? I know Anchorman 2 also deals with the advent of permanews but that's set much earlier isn't it?

petril

yeah, think CNN was the first 24 hour news channel on telly, and that was like 1980

Tony Yeboah

Some of Alan Partridge's TV programmes got made. Gordon Ramsay did Cooking in Prison for example.

Brundle-Fly

Was it The Goodies that had a BBC3 joke?

Tony Yeboah

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on July 05, 2020, 03:56:50 PM

Hi I'm Jeff Goldblum and every time I'm in England I watch BBC Three.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on July 05, 2020, 03:56:50 PM

Ned Sherrin used that title for his BITING SATIRES series in 1965.Kenneth Tynan said " fuck" on it.
As has already been pointed out, Paul Kaye can no longer use that title to make Jeff Goldblum look like a cunt.

Shit Good Nose

SNL had that sketch about the 3 blade razor back in 1975 or something.  Didn't they later go up to 5 or 6 blades as well?

Cold Meat Platter

thenoise

Quote from: Twonty Gostelow on July 07, 2020, 09:56:01 AM
Leave banned members in the past.
Comedy quotes that you associate more with their CAB username than their original context is another thread entirely... Trenter Percenter, Shoulders? Stomach!, etc.

Uncle TechTip

Autopsy Turvey

Topless Darts, not sure if the L!ve TV version came from Roehampton.

Kryton

Chris Morris did something in Brass eye involving guns in a church.
This year I think a gun-man was taken down by someone in the Church audience with a gun.

evilcommiedictator

I love the Australian PM took a vacuous slogan from Veep and used it in his successful election campaign, because my country is a bunch of apathetic drunkards
https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2016/mar/23/malcolm-turnbulls-continuity-and-change-slogan-straight-out-of-veep