Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:48:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Good film posters

Started by Famous Mortimer, July 04, 2020, 09:19:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: chveik on July 09, 2020, 06:12:12 PM

I've got that framed on my bedroom wall. It's by Chris Ware. Got another film poster by him too.

Can't seem to post it whilst using my phone unfortunately but it should be hidden in my post if you quote

chveik

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on July 12, 2020, 10:45:14 PM
Can't seem to post it whilst using my phone unfortunately but it should be hidden in my post if you quote

zomgmouse

I haven't seen this but just came across the poster and it looks cool

Mister Six

Quote from: mrfridge on July 09, 2020, 08:00:32 AM
These lot make seriously amazing film posters: https://bitnaneun.com/

Ooh! I'm in love with this one:

Lovely use of verticality in these. I wonder if that's because the language can be read vertically? Opens up another axis of design, without having the film's title interfering with it.

Noodle Lizard

I got an original print of this one for my birthday a couple of years ago.  I love the line "as such, it is likely to be hailed as a masterpiece by many". Just needlessly, blatantly arrogant - not untrue, mind.

dissolute ocelot

(An excellent likeness of Michel Simon too.)

Bad Ambassador

Bad Ambassador

Quote from: Noodle Lizard on July 16, 2020, 10:14:51 PM

I got an original print of this one for my birthday a couple of years ago.  I love the line "as such, it is likely to be hailed as a masterpiece by many". Just needlessly, blatantly arrogant - not untrue, mind.

The trailer for Ryan's Daughter says the film was "already being called 'masterpiece'".

Was it bollocks.

wosl

wosl