Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 11:34:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Hastings Pier - YouTube Personality Reopening

Started by lazyhour, July 04, 2020, 10:50:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Farenheit

Not so happy with 'John C Ads' service. I know he's a busy man but I sent my £1.99 in on Tuesday.
So far no reply and no sign of my logo on his website.

lazyhour

What did you expect for just £1.99?

That's right - just £1.99.

boki

okay, I'm just gonna say it - this lad's got 'connections'.  He knows 'things' about 'people'.

basterfeldt

Made an account just to come and discuss John C.
Found the forum searching for glinnerhan discussion, fell down the John C rabbit hole. Please say that someone out there is watching as many of his videos as I have been today, I think my favorite so far is his interview with the Elvis impersonator.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: basterfeldt on July 13, 2020, 04:42:17 PM
Found the forum searching for glinnerhan discussion, fell down the John C rabbit hole. Please say that someone out there is watching as many of his videos as I have been today, I think my favorite so far is his interview with the Elvis impersonator.

you are John C, aren't you.... LEDGE

lazyhour

Quote from: basterfeldt on July 13, 2020, 04:42:17 PM

To be honest, I just keep going back to the OP video where he starts whistling for no reason halfway through. There's a kind of magic to it.

Butchers Blind

How famous is he in Hastings?  Asking for a friend.

basterfeldt

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 13, 2020, 04:43:23 PM
you are John C, aren't you.... LEDGE

Ahh. I could only dream of having his entrepreneurial mind.

I'm visiting Hastings at the end of August, if I don't run into John C (Live) it's not going to feel like it was worth it anymore.

https://youtu.be/dh3R718SJYM

Here he is on a slide that I'll be keeping my eyes open for.

Lost Oliver

From the John C extended universe - his US booking agent Theresa Zaino and husband Danny present their MasbTV Network, home of "Hard Core Cooking with Danny Zaino" where the audience learn to cook traditional Italian and American dishes to include slap stick comedy routines with plenty of action and stunts.

shiftwork2

John C has a US booking agent?

There's lots behind this but I don't know where to start.  There's always been the Walter Mitty type and the pub bullshitter but it's just everywhere now.  I have a dear friend that I now have to prepare myself before meeting, such is the level of frantic delusional 'I'm going to do this and this' that never, ever happens.

Janie Jones

I'm in Hastings, lads. First time. Gravely disappointed so far. Can't find Lazyhour's record shop, there were queues for the chazzas, all the decent pubs are shut on Tuesdays and no YouTube personalities have manifested themselves. On the plus side, the cuntbeaks are nothing like as terrifying as they are in Whitstable and there is a Clowne pub. The old town and new town are very different. I'm in the Dolphin now. An old regular just tottered in and the barman asked, 'Remember it's table service now, Jim, where do you want to sit? Inside? Outside?'
'Oh, wherever you put me, Dan, I don't mind at all.'
'Ok here's a nice table next to the bar.'
'Oh! [querulously] Can't I sit outside?'

lazyhour

The Clowne pub can be a bit tasty. Careful now.

My shop was closed today so it's probably for the best that you didn't find it. Open tomorrow if you survive the night.

SteveDave

Quote from: lazyhour on August 04, 2020, 09:02:16 PM
The Clowne pub can be a bit tasty. Careful now.

My shop was closed today so it's probably for the best that you didn't find it. Open tomorrow if you survive the night.

I'm coming to Hastings on Saturday specifically to find John C.

SteveDave

Quote from: steve98 on July 08, 2020, 11:41:11 PM
I think I was a bit hasty with my last post, I'd like to retract it. John C's lonely people club only meets for 2 hours a month (and there's no indication that Danny Lambo or Britain's hardest men or any quality people will be there just other lonely Hasting's nobodies).
I think it's probably just a scam; a really crap, low-dividends scam.

http://www.hastingshappyclub.org.uk/

I'm sorry to announce that the Hastings Happy Club website isn't up and running yet.

Icehaven

Quote from: basterfeldt on July 14, 2020, 10:18:32 AM
https://youtu.be/dh3R718SJYM

Here he is on a slide that I'll be keeping my eyes open for.

What kind of slide is that? You can't even fall off it.
I am aware I'm missing the point.

Mr Farenheit

Quote from: Mr Farenheit on July 11, 2020, 06:26:58 AM
Not so happy with 'John C Ads' service. I know he's a busy man but I sent my £1.99 in on Tuesday.
So far no reply and no sign of my logo on his website.

I take this all back- John C delivered for me and my business. Logo now getting massive exposure on his home page https://johncads.com/
Sky is the limit now!

Dex Sawash

shiftwork2

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

I like the fact that no contact details whatsoever are given. John C quite happy to take the 4.99 and not question that.At least that grinning plumber puts his phone number front and centre.

BlodwynPig

Janie Jones

Quote from: Mr Farenheit on July 11, 2020, 06:26:58 AM
...I sent my £1.99...

I note he has whacked the price up to a fiver now! Obviously with top-end clients like The Dog using his services, John C needed to up his game to keep the riff-raff out.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Mr Farenheit on August 12, 2020, 03:23:02 AM
I take this all back- John C delivered for me and my business. Logo now getting massive exposure on his home page https://johncads.com/
Sky is the limit now!

Amazing. Well worth it.

I'd pay double.

shiftwork2

John C was very careful to mention £1.99 fourteen times in his promo video (still up) so he's gonna have to get filming again.

steve98

Quote from: Mr Farenheit on August 12, 2020, 03:23:02 AM
Sky is the limit now!

But there's no way of contacting you? What good's exposure when the client can't contact you? What are you, a panel beater? I'm in Hastings and I've got some panels I'd like beaten, and I like the look of The Dog panel beater advert but... *gaaah* no link! The frustration. ("Fuck The Dog panel beaters", I think to myself)

EDIT: I've emailed him to ask how I can contact you/The Dog.

PlanktonSideburns

fairplay on him closing on the yazoo accoun also

Johnny Yesno

Edit: Just repeating what another poster has already said. Ignore.