Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:41:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Your Favorite Examples of "Angry Humor"?

Started by MortSahlFan, July 06, 2020, 01:57:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shaky

It's not a great film overall but the mere thought of Alan Bishopman (Will Forte) in Tim & Eric's Billion Dollar Movie makes laugh.

ASFTSN

^ Will Forte is the master of angryfunny in general. I like his reaction to being told by Fred Willard that he won't be handling air traffic control duties for large passenger aircraft in Tim and Eric's Bedtime Stories. "Oh, so no big-boys??"

markburgle

Quote from: DrGreggles on July 07, 2020, 10:26:39 AM

Which of course nestles close to "I hate you! I hate you! Why don't you go away and die in a ditch somewhere, you bastard!"

DrGreggles

True, but it's the fury Rik put into saying a sentence as ostensibly non-furious as "This is my birthday" that gets me.

Cuellar

Just reminded me of Richie spitting 'GOD you're WEIRD aren't you? You're REALLY WEIRD' at Eddie and it made me laugh.

Speaking of the Thick of It, Steve Fleming's descent from creepy passive-aggression to unhinged fury is beautiful. David Haig's performance is outstanding, getting to within a whisker of being panto, but not quite which makes it all the more unsettling.

Sebastian Cobb

13 schoolyards

Bob Odenkirk on Mr Show had some brilliant angry outbursts - the episode where he wanders off to let David host and then sees on a TV that he's been replaced by the riff-crazy Kedzie Matthews has the best "what the fuck" ever put to air anywhere

badaids

Quote from: markburgle on July 07, 2020, 11:08:49 AM
Which of course nestles close to "I hate you! I hate you! Why don't you go away and die in a ditch somewhere, you bastard!"

My 8 Year old daughter's favorite line from Bottom, which she gleefully tries out on me every single day.

Brundle-Fly

Taylor Parkes' rants on the Chart Music Podcast. God, I wish he'd do stand up or make his own version of Wipe.

royce coolidge

Another Reece Shearsmith angry,Mr Jelly from Psychoville.

Dusty Substance

The two that came immediately to mind have already been mentioned - Angry Tim Heidecker and Basil Fawlty.

Back when he was still good, Stephen Fry used to be great at doing angry humour.

This sketch from ABOF&L is a good example - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzBQjBvFQVw

His squawking of "NOT A CRIME TO BE A COMMUNIST?!" is a frequent comedy earworm.

Quote from: 13 schoolyards on July 07, 2020, 12:59:42 PM
Bob Odenkirk on Mr Show had some brilliant angry outbursts - the episode where he wanders off to let David host and then sees on a TV that he's been replaced by the riff-crazy Kedzie Matthews has the best "what the fuck" ever put to air anywhere

Yes! Came here to post exactly that. https://youtu.be/LafMgjmBV2k?t=29

His GOD-DAMNITs are spectacular.

Kryton

Steve Fleming was far scarier than Tucker. I get the feeling that Tucker is probably alright outside his professional circle. A bit of a cunt, but not someone who does it for kicks, just part of his job.

But Fleming is the other way around. Weird and slimy and has that psychopathic element of putting on a face and pretend good nature. His barely concealed rage mixed with his laughing at his own jokes is quite terrifying.

Kryton

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on July 07, 2020, 11:40:23 AM
Speaking of the Thick of It, Steve Fleming's descent from creepy passive-aggression to unhinged fury is beautiful. David Haig's performance is outstanding, getting to within a whisker of being panto, but not quite which makes it all the more unsettling.

Didn't see this reply, but yeah it's not a guy you'd want to spend any amount of time around. Brilliant performance.

Kryton

Kryton

Cuellar

Ha, yeah, lots of good IASIP ones.

I like Dennis's refusal to burn the duster at Mac and Charlie's 'funeral'

https://youtu.be/Ri_Kn90fbVo?t=158

Pink Gregory

Four Lions - when Omar and Waj are having an unsuccessful time at the training camp in Pakistan, the outbursts in English after beginning in Urdu from the trainer are great.

"...JAMES FUCK BOND?!"

"...FUCKING MR BEANS!"

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: Kryton on July 07, 2020, 03:29:19 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfixtLxcKPQ

Peter Kay's great in this meet up with Partridge.

He is. Real menace there. Like an evil Colin Welland.

Jockice

I've got a theory as to why Ben Elton doesn't tell any racist or sexist jokes. It's cos he doesn't fucking know any, that's why - Jerry Sadowitz.

a peepee tipi

The Boondocks was often scathing and furious and also hilarious, Dick Riding Obama and the MLK episode being a couple of the more obvious examples

popcorn

This one makes me hate myself, but Bill Burgh's undeniably misogynist racist rant about Yoko Ono. And I love Yoko Ono. It's just such a cavalcade of rage and it's about the only example of that kind of think I can think of that makes me laugh. I hate myself.

urgh no the last minute is so nasty and horrible and not funny at all though. I take this entire post back, this clip gets more horrible every time I remember it and watch it again. And the more I watch it the more I realise I only really like the frezeeframe on Chuck Berry looking baffled.