Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 02:24:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Your Favorite Examples of "Angry Humor"?

Started by MortSahlFan, July 06, 2020, 01:57:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ornlu

Quote from: ASFTSN on July 07, 2020, 10:14:03 AM
^ Will Forte is the master of angryfunny in general. I like his reaction to being told by Fred Willard that he won't be handling air traffic control duties for large passenger aircraft in Tim and Eric's Bedtime Stories. "Oh, so no big-boys??"

Yep, excellent shout.

"WHEN I LOOK AT THIS THING, WHAT YOU'VE CREEEAATED..."

New page fresh pair of pants.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

A clip did the rounds of my Facebook friends a few years ago wherein a Dub-a-lin chef rants angrily over a cooking show starring TV chef Donal Skehan, in which Donal demonstrates how to make soup in five minutes. Highlights include:

"Now - didja hear tha? Frozen fuckin' peas. Frozen peas are gonna take the temperature of the cuntin' water down so it won't be boiling anymore! Watch what this prick is serving to people!"

"...what I'm looking for is the veggies to take on a nice tenderness..." "In a fuckin' mineh? IN A MINEH? Ya fuckin' clown, in a MINEH?"

"Didja hear wha' he said there? 'You have a soup.' No Donal, you have a bowl of fuckin' puke, shitty fuckin' undercooked shite. Now taste it Donal, like most chefs, taste it! Jamie Oliver'll taste it! Taste it! TASTE IT YA PRICK!"

Bad Ambassador

Steve Martin's rant at John Candy early in Planes, Trains and Automobiles about how annoying he is. Brilliantly counterpointed by Candy's quiet, genuinely hurt response.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIwhjp_c1d0

alan nagsworth

The troubled contractor going apeshit and booting the half-repaired bathroom door off the hinges in Peep Show. "You can fuck off! You can fuck right off!"

MikkiDisco

Quote from: alan nagsworth on July 08, 2020, 10:04:40 AM
The troubled contractor going apeshit and booting the half-repaired bathroom door off the hinges in Peep Show. "You can fuck off! You can fuck right off!"

On a similar note, Superhans "yeah well if you're leaving now don't even dream of coming back!" is up there.

Blue Jam

Blue Jam

Quote from: alan nagsworth on July 08, 2020, 10:04:40 AM

Earlier in that episode, Super Hans declaring "This is BULLSHIT!" before smashing said door off its hinges.

Also every "This is BOLLOCKS, Mark!" from Johnson.

Dr Rock

Bill Burr - The Philadelphia Incident
Comedian after comedian dies on stage in front of a rowdy, hostile crowd. Then Burr goes on and...

https://youtu.be/3jMhoGUiIkk

'You fucking one-bridge having piece of shit city'

Blue Jam

Quote from: 13 schoolyards on July 07, 2020, 12:59:42 PM
Bob Odenkirk on Mr Show had some brilliant angry outbursts - the episode where he wanders off to let David host and then sees on a TV that he's been replaced by the riff-crazy Kedzie Matthews has the best "what the fuck" ever put to air anywhere

There's all the yelling of course but I like the non-verbal stuff best:

Angrily slamming a cupboard door over not being allowed to "go make some sperm" in there:
https://youtu.be/Yc_tK_PLuFk?t=148

"I'll marry your stupid ass"- before I saw this sketch I didn't know it was even possible to angrily mow a lawn:
https://youtu.be/UfUv5t71_Xo?t=78

There's also a bit in season three of Better Call Saul where Kim and Jimmy are taking a break during Jimmy's disbarment hearing and they've gone to the vendng maching and Jimmy is doing some quality angry crisp-eating.

Blue Jam

Have we had a mention of Black Books yet? Evan, the manager of Goliath Books, is another example of those passive-aggressive characters desperately trying to conceal their burning core of rage. Probably the best thing Simon Pegg has ever done:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Dj7c_-PuVE

Just as Steve Fleming is scarier than Malcolm Tucker, I'd rather work for Bernard Black than for Evan. Passive-aggressive people are frighteningly manipulative and a bit sociopathic and it's impossible to "win" with them. When people are just plain aggressive you at least know where you stand with them.

There are too many Bernard moments to mention but my favourite is just that look he gives Manny after he lets Rhys Thomas and friends into the shop.

MikkiDisco

"You are so blind! You so do not understand! You weren't there at the beginning. You don't know how good it was! How important! This is it for you! This jumped-up firework display of a toy advert! People like you make me sick! What's wrong with you?! Now, I don't care if you've saved up all your 50ps, take your pocket money and get out!"

jobotic

Blue Jam

"You've got shit shoes on, you shitty-shoed bastard"

Cuellar

Buster joining in the ribbing of Lucille in Arrested Development, only to take it massively too far

https://youtu.be/gmhEXjM7iTw?t=30

Phil_A

Tim Smith's cymbal stand meltdown from the Cardiacs Rotten Shed DVD, including a cunt bomb worthy of Derek & Clive.

https://youtu.be/huErRAK1ch0?t=279

"GEDDIT OUT THE WAY YA FIZZOG!"

MortSahlFan

Quote from: popcorn on July 08, 2020, 12:43:37 AM
This one makes me hate myself, but Bill Burgh's undeniably misogynist racist rant about Yoko Ono. And I love Yoko Ono. It's just such a cavalcade of rage and it's about the only example of that kind of think I can think of that makes me laugh. I hate myself.

urgh no the last minute is so nasty and horrible and not funny at all though. I take this entire post back, this clip gets more horrible every time I remember it and watch it again. And the more I watch it the more I realise I only really like the frezeeframe on Chuck Berry looking baffled.
That was not only funny, but Bill was right.

Quote from: popcorn on July 08, 2020, 12:43:37 AM
This one makes me hate myself, but Bill Burgh's undeniably misogynist racist rant about Yoko Ono. And I love Yoko Ono. It's just such a cavalcade of rage and it's about the only example of that kind of think I can think of that makes me laugh. I hate myself.

urgh no the last minute is so nasty and horrible and not funny at all though. I take this entire post back, this clip gets more horrible every time I remember it and watch it again. And the more I watch it the more I realise I only really like the frezeeframe on Chuck Berry looking baffled.

He has a similar rant defending Chris Brown for beating up Rihanna that gives me similar feelings.

He's really great at these screaming rants, I just wish he'd be on the right side of history more often.

Cuellar

God I hate Bill Burr. He sounds like fucking Ralph from The Sopranos, and is probably about as good a character.

ASFTSN

Quote from: Kryton on July 07, 2020, 03:22:24 PM
Steve Fleming was far scarier than Tucker. I get the feeling that Tucker is probably alright outside his professional circle. A bit of a cunt, but not someone who does it for kicks, just part of his job.

But Fleming is the other way around. Weird and slimy and has that psychopathic element of putting on a face and pretend good nature. His barely concealed rage mixed with his laughing at his own jokes is quite terrifying.

One of the creepiest things he does in The Thick of It is apologising for losing his temper, then miming "finding it" (his temper), balling it up and eating in what he thinks is a silly jokey manner.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Cuellar on July 08, 2020, 03:11:02 PM
God I hate Bill Burr. He sounds like fucking Ralph from The Sopranos

Oh my god, that's who Ralph Cifaretto sounds like! Thanks, that had been driving me a bit mad.

Was Bill Burr always a bit right-leaning or did he have a moment like Andrew Lawrence where he decided to become a bit of an Alt-right grifter?

Ornlu

Quote from: Blue Jam on July 08, 2020, 03:18:08 PM
Was Bill Burr always a bit right-leaning or did he have a moment like Andrew Lawrence where he decided to become a bit of an Alt-right grifter?

I'm fairly certain he's not either of those things. He's gone into varying levels of detail about his political leanings in places, but generally calls himself 'lefty'.

Dewt

Bill Burr is one of those American comics people rave about and then I listen and it's just them going "Oh you're from <X>? Well that makes you a stupid piece of a fuck, you dumb fuck! You drive a Fiat? Dumb fuck, asshole! Why don't you go and lick an asshole you stupid dumb fuck?"

I like reasoned, calm Bill Burr a lot more. I bet Bill Burr does too. He's thoughtful underneath all that US standup scene bullshit.

Cuellar

Gregory Torso

That Bill Burr clip is fucking shit. It isn't even funny in an over-the-top unnecessarily offensive way. I've only really seen his infamous Philadelphia stage melt-down, which I did find funny, and a couple of interviews but he seems genuinely nasty in that. Fuck him.

Cuellar

Couldn't even get the Chuck Berry song right, who he pretends to respect.

"And as they're singing 'Go Johnny Go Go Go'" - What? Wrong song mate. Totally different song. I thought you said they were singing 'Memphis', why would they be singing the chorus to 'Johnny B. Goode'?

Cuellar