Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,185
  • Total Topics: 106,348
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:47:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Face Masks

Started by Cuellar, July 06, 2020, 05:06:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Utter Shit

It's the laziness I can't stand. If they can't even be bothered to properly pull the wool over our eyes, is it any surprise they can't be bothered to pull a mask over their face?

olliebean

Quote from: Utter Shit on July 14, 2020, 04:54:26 PM
Is there any particular reason why you've chosen the archived version of that webpage, rather than the current version that specifically states "If you are looking for "Why Face Masks Don't Work: A Revealing Review" by John Hardie, BDS, MSc, PhD, FRCDC, it has been removed. The content was published in 2016 and is no longer relevant in our current climate."?

This paper suggests that masks could be very useful indeed. Point 6 (Discussion and recommendations) is a good place to start.

He posted the version that the government have been using.

BlodwynPig

The only shop I go in, the village shop in the village, is run by a sour faced old bat. I rarely went in before lockdown but since she reopened its good to get milk.

I heard her speaking with the post office lady this evening

"Introducing those masks on the 24th"

"yeh"

"Fucking load of shit, want to control us"

"yeh".

I nearly blew my top but saved it for the post office lady who I followed out of the shop and gave her the "reasoned" take. "yeh" she said, slightly cowed.

Icehaven

Where are you supposed to get them from? I've just looked online and there's non delivering for weeks. Can I not just wear a scarf or a motorcycle snood? Aren't they basically the same thing?

The Culture Bunker

Given we'll need them for shops before long, as well as taking a train journey to Cumbria in a few weeks, I thought I'd buy a couple of these from a tailors up the road that has been making them. Two for a tenner, OK, better than those disposable ones. They were running low on supplies, for obvious reasons, but I pick one plain black, one plain grey.

I hadn't considered they come in different sizes, so that the black one is useful. I am so fucking thick sometimes.

Cuellar

Quote from: icehaven on July 14, 2020, 07:33:09 PM
Where are you supposed to get them from? I've just looked online and there's non delivering for weeks. Can I not just wear a scarf or a motorcycle snood? Aren't they basically the same thing?

I bought some from this shop on Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/EtamStudio?ref=nla_listing_details

Came nice and quickly and they're good. This was before any announcements though, so I'm not sure if there's been a run on them. You can find loads of people on Etsy selling them.

Cuntbeaks

Wear the mask you fucking gammon cunts.

Barry Admin

Laurence Fox says "#facemasks are choosing fear over life and are assault on freedom" and some cunt has replied with this:

Must protect are freedom. Fuckwits. A Darwinian cleansing of the gene pool might be good, there's far too much widdle in it.

Pink Gregory

Completely reactionary and predictable response, public health another battleground in the right wing culture war.

Tedious.

Dewt

That's so shit, and also unoriginal ('Masshole' is what people in neighbouring states call Massachusetts residents particularly when driving)

Chedney Honks

I would love it if wearing a mask just protected the person wearing it and we could thin out a whole load of these fucks. 🤣🤣🤣

Lordofthefiles

https://maskbros.co.uk

Theirs are relatively cheap and have 24 hour delivery.

"Freddy" and "Cogan", ex-St. Andrews students, poshcunts without doubt, but the price is right!

Cloud

Tedious is right.  Everything's so damned polarised now - you can guarantee the NOMASK brigade are the same lot as the anti-BLM, the Brexit voters, the Trump voters, the Gamergaters and pretty much everything else on the "anyone who gives a shit about other people is a PC-gone-mad leftie libtard cuck" half of the world's current population.  And they are 200% the anti-Muslim "ban the burqa" crowd.

2 homemade and 2 bought "face coverings" acquired over the past few months so thankfully ahead of the panic buying on this one.

And yeah anything is fine!  If it covers your mouth and nose, you're good.  I used a snood when it first started.

earl_sleek

I've been wearing snoods, snoods with skulls on. I am cool!

imitationleather

I've ordered one of these:

Cuntbeaks

Surely 'masks as fashion accessory' is the freshest shit for cunts around?

Icehaven

Quote from: Lordofthefiles on July 14, 2020, 08:38:20 PM
https://maskbros.co.uk

Theirs are relatively cheap and have 24 hour delivery.

"Freddy" and "Cogan", ex-St. Andrews students, poshcunts without doubt, but the price is right!

Cheers, that's way better than Amazon and hopefully more reliable. The corner shops near me are doing them for £2 a pop so they're still cheap in comparison.

My concern with all these make-your-own/scarf ideas is officious types marching up telling you they're not good enough and you need to have a proper mask or you canNOT come into Oddbins, but I may be being overly cautious there considering most shops will be more concerned with the refusenik bellends not wearing any mask at all.

imitationleather

Quote from: Cuntbeaks on July 14, 2020, 08:52:15 PM
Surely 'masks as fashion accessory' is the freshest shit for cunts around?

No I think you'll find that nothing I like is S4C.

BlodwynPig

BlodwynPig

Quote from: icehaven on July 14, 2020, 08:54:41 PM
Cheers, that's way better than Amazon and hopefully more reliable. The corner shops near me are doing them for £2 a pop so they're stiill cheap in comparison.

cheap, but what of their efficacy?

Icehaven

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 14, 2020, 08:59:05 PM
cheap, but what of their efficacy?

Dunno, but if it's better than a cotton scarf it's better than what I have now, plus they're delivering before August so way ahead of most others I've seen.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: icehaven on July 14, 2020, 09:01:26 PM
Dunno, but if it's better than a cotton scarf it's better than what I have now, plus they're delivering before August so way ahead of most others I've seen.

maybe not, if the mask isn't up to a minimum spec, its useless or potentially more harmful as it will allow for virus particles to accumulate and when you take it off, boom - virus cloud for friends and family

Pink Gregory

Might be S4C but I've got one with Donkey Kongs on and that's fine by me

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Pink Gregory on July 14, 2020, 09:15:27 PM
Might be S4C but I've got one with Donkey Kongs on and that's fine by me

well at least you aren't talking about the fact you have a Donkey Kong mask to gain street cred on here...

kalowski

Quote from: olliebean on July 14, 2020, 12:18:07 PM
Still another 10 days to go for no obvious reason before it becomes mandatory.
Yes. I'm spending every one of those ten days in and out of every shop in town without a mask. Sucking from the marrow of life.

Cloud

olliebean

Quote from: Chedney Honks on July 14, 2020, 08:38:05 PM
I would love it if wearing a mask just protected the person wearing it and we could thin out a whole load of these fucks. 🤣🤣🤣

If that were the case, I bet loads of them would wear them. They seem like the sorts who would happily do something as long as it's for purely selfish reasons.

idunnosomename

i'll wear one because i am a dumb cuck who doesnt want trouble but i can see a total fuckdown going on in supermarkets because fucking no one wears one round here, the odd banditos and old people. i worry because it makes people bolder on breaking social distancing. oh whatever. what a fucking shit government we have

Cloud

I wonder if "the left" could start some kind of #BreatheOxygen campaign or maybe a #HaveKids one, so that all the reactionary right wing types will think it's a namby pamby libtard concept and stop doing it?

idunnosomename

"the left" is just created by a very small group of grifters directly connected to hedge fund billionaires who piss out a little pittance to a few peanut heads in order to keep culture conservative and individualistic (i.e. without solidarity) to help ensure they can do whatever the fuck they want