Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 07:27:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Face Masks

Started by Cuellar, July 06, 2020, 05:06:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chocolate teapot

In Cirencester people are wearing them inside, a few walking around outside with them on.

I went into McColls earlier and a man was in there with a mask around his chin and the person in the queue in front of me took a picture of him as if he were going to put it on Twitter or Facebook to publicly shame him, maybe it would have just been in a text or email or whatever, still I weren't too comfortable with that.

We were the only ones in the shop and there was a screen protecting the guy at the till. I would have understood the incredulity if the shop had been busy.

Jollity

Quote from: Smeraldina Rima on July 27, 2020, 05:58:07 PM
Are the Preemo disposable masks that they sell at ASDA acceptable? Most of the other masks I have worn have aggravated the anxious vocal tics I do so I can understand the distress/autism thing (and equally that people having those problems should be encouraged and helped to shield instead of accidentally killing people). The Preemo ones are very easy to wear and breath inside of; I even forgot that I had kept it on when walking around alone after going to the shop. I've started to enjoy looking down on all the non-mask wearers now that I feel comfortable in one but it does seem a bit of a nothingy mask.

I expect any mask is better than no mask, but I'm not the expert on different masks and their effectiveness. But make sure you dispose of your disposable masks nicely - seeing crumpled up masks lying in the street is disagreeable.

Icehaven

Quote from: Jollity on July 29, 2020, 07:30:29 PM
But make sure you dispose of your disposable masks nicely - seeing crumpled up masks lying in the street is disagreeable.

My street is absolutely awash with them, it's ridiculous. It's mostly from the taxi rank as they seem to be gathering in the gutter there and by the door to their office but it's gross, literally have to step over them blowing down the pavement. There's a few bins about as well so it's laziness chucking them on the floor.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: icehaven on July 29, 2020, 08:16:55 PM
My street is absolutely awash with them, it's ridiculous. It's mostly from the taxi rank as they seem to be gathering in the gutter there and by the door to their office but it's gross, literally have to step over them blowing down the pavement. There's a few bins about as well so it's laziness chucking them on the floor.

Laziness? I think you are being a bit soft on them, non? Laziness is not going to meet your friends in the park because you want to watch an Eastenders omnibus.

ollyboro

Anybody tried putting their legs through the elastic and cupping their testicles ever so gently in a mask? Just asking for a mate like.

Malcy

Quote from: icehaven on July 29, 2020, 08:16:55 PM

Face masks are the new McDonald's wrappers. All over the streets.

They're the new Fran Healy. Covering [the] Pavement.

Cloud

Masks on the ground everywhere here too.  Seems like we're throwing away the future to stay safe in the present.... so much for reducing plastic and other waste...

Just get a cloth face covering and chuck it in your pocket, it's not that hard!  I despair at "here's a packet of 20 disposables for a fiver".

At least it gives the seagulls something to peck at other than Maccies cartons.  Hmm... avian covid?

idunnosomename

i forgot a facecovering today and didnt dare go in tesco. almost considered picking one off the ground because they're everywhere. but considered it to be too gross even for me

buttgammon

Almost everyone was wearing one on public transport today!

BlodwynPig

People don't deserve a society that nurtures and protects them if they just litter the street with Covid Wraps. A fine of 100 quid in the first instance, hard labour in a quarry for repeat offences.

All those faux-nods to environmentalism "eeeeeh Brenda, did you see that prowgram last night. Poor whales dying because of all that plastic in the owceans!", "Aye pet, I'm not buying plastic now"....*chucks face mask into gutter* "heeeee heeeee heeee Brenda, look at me, I don't give a fuck about Nature or Society or Other People, lick my rancid pussy you libtard cunts"

Head Gardener

jobotic

Everyone in supermarkets seems to have them on, apart from one cunt strutting around the Coop like he was demanding a confrontation.

I went in the offy last night though and I was the only one wearing a mask and some stupid cow leant across me to get to the Stellas. With the bloke serving in a booth it felt like the place Omar buys his Newports at.

Head Gardener

Head Gardener

Kate Bush (62 today) yet to master her mask technique

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: Head Gardener on July 30, 2020, 10:39:52 AM

Kate Bush (62 today) yet to master her mask technique
Come on, we'd all let Kate sing in our face even if she was riddled with Covid.

Majestic Wine was giving masks out for free when I went in. Anyone seen any other businesses whose generosity you can abuse?

Dex Sawash

Been in a customer-facing role this week with boss away, ears getting fucked.

#lifehack

Puce Moment

Quote from: Dex Sawash on July 31, 2020, 01:03:34 PM

#lifehack

The irony of that is I want to rub your head. If people keep rubbing your head they will be shoving covid directly into your cerebral cortex.

#think

Dex Sawash

Bazooka

Quote from: Dex Sawash on July 31, 2020, 01:03:34 PM

#lifehack

Don't be ashamed to show the front.

Jollity

Today I wore one like this and can confirm that it's good. Comfortable in hot weather, and my glasses hardly steamed up at all.

Marner and Me

Load of shite, just done my first shop in one, I guess like many mine is going to live in the car and be there for appearances sake only. Certainly not going to keep buying them again. Went on the piss the other night, didn't need a mask then though. I can play football, sweat and contact other players and not need a mask. However I need one to ponce around Tesco where I can actually distance from people. It's an absolute joke.

ollyboro

Quote from: Marner and Me on July 31, 2020, 08:09:21 PM
Load of shite, just done my first shop in one, I guess like many mine is going to live in the car and be there for appearances sake only. Certainly not going to keep buying them again. Went on the piss the other night, didn't need a mask then though. I can play football, sweat and contact other players and not need a mask. However I need one to ponce around Tesco where I can actually distance from people. It's an absolute joke.

Yeah, but have you seen the rubbish who shop in Tesco?

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Marner and Me on July 31, 2020, 08:09:21 PM
Went on the piss the other night, didn't need a mask then though. I can play football, sweat and contact other players and not need a mask.

If you're fucking stupid enough to be doing these things it's imperative you wear a mask so you don't infect innocent less stupid people.

Marner and Me

Tbf if you're that scared of catching Covid you shouldn't be going out.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Marner and Me on July 31, 2020, 08:59:53 PM
Tbf if you're that scared of catching Covid you shouldn't be going out.

go and kindly fuck yourself

Marner and Me

Aren't you a delight.

At some point we're going to have to get back to reality. More people die from the flu than they have Covid. We don't mask up for the flu.

Why don't you go and catch Covid x

Cuellar

Quote from: Marner and Me on July 31, 2020, 09:08:41 PM
We don't mask up for the flu.

Well perhaps we fucking should.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Marner and Me on July 31, 2020, 09:08:41 PM
Aren't you a delight.

The usual response from your ILK. You are a dangerous, repellant idiot.