Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 11:36:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Face Masks

Started by Cuellar, July 06, 2020, 05:06:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Marner and Me on July 31, 2020, 09:08:41 PM

Why don't you go and catch Covid x

I'll address this separately.

If you were in the room with me now, you'd be gummily masticating your one remaining tooth. You subhuman sick fuck.

Marner and Me

People of my ilk? So I am now being stereotyped?

Marner and Me

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 31, 2020, 09:16:22 PM
I'll address this separately.

If you were in the room with me now, you'd be gummily masticating your one remaining tooth. You subhuman sick fuck.
You've just told me to fuck myself. So I insult you back and you can't take it. As for taking my teeth out I'd like to see you try.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Marner and Me on July 31, 2020, 09:17:30 PM
People of my ilk? So I am now being stereotyped?

No, you are a Grade A fuckwit. Banjo playing backwater rat. Pestilent gumball sucking dope. "Hyuk Hyuk, hey grand pappy, you going to give me some tummy rubs tonight?"

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Marner and Me on July 31, 2020, 09:18:39 PM
You've just told me to fuck myself. So I insult you back and you can't take it. As for taking my teeth out I'd like to see you try.

I will try if I ever meet you and you tell me to die from Covid.

You were insulted because you fucking deserved it. I fucking abhor your ILK.

Marner and Me

Go and have a lie down dear, you seem very stressed x

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Marner and Me on July 31, 2020, 09:22:01 PM

Very 2005.

ollyboro

Quote from: Marner and Me on July 31, 2020, 09:22:01 PM

Tell him you like The Beatles. Bezzies in no time.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: ollyboro on July 31, 2020, 09:41:08 PM
Tell him you like The Beatles. Bezzies in no time.

Blackbird singing in the dead of night
Take these broken teeth and fly away

jobotic

More people die from cancer we don't mask up for that
More people die from heart disease we don't mask up for that
More people die from old age WE DON'T MASK UP FOR THAT

ollyboro

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 31, 2020, 09:46:09 PM
Blackbird singing in the dead of night
Take these broken teeth and fly away

Can't fly with broken teeth, Blods. An aeronautical and dental fact.

Jollity

Perhaps we should mask up for the flu.

earl_sleek

Quite common in some countries to wear masks when in flu season, isn't it?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: ollyboro on July 31, 2020, 11:53:32 PM
Can't fly with broken teeth, Blods. An aeronautical and dental fact.

I'm handing the aeronaut the broken teeth and they are flying away.

Bazooka

Quote from: earl_sleek on August 01, 2020, 09:58:21 AM
Quite common in some countries to wear masks when in flu season, isn't it?

In Asia, particularly Japan, Korea and China, often not to reduce the risk of catching it, but having a cold or flu and reducing spreading it.

Dex Sawash

Anti mask protest here at the farmers market this morning.

Fambo Number Mive

Was it a big protest? How did people respond?

bgmnts

Quote from: Bazooka on August 01, 2020, 11:51:11 AM
In Asia, particularly Japan, Korea and China, often not to reduce the risk of catching it, but having a cold or flu and reducing spreading it.

Aye but they also just wear them generally in cities because the pollution is so high, don't they? I assumed it was just ingrained into the culture, regardless of flu or smoke.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on August 01, 2020, 06:30:24 PM
Was it a big protest? How did people respond?

No news reports,  apparently.  I got it from my neighbo(u)rhood email list. Outside agitators, I reckon.

QuoteUnfortunately there were a group of older white protesters  there walking through the market without masks and refusing to leave. Then they gathered outside the market and unfurled A big American flag and sang the star spangled banner. They refused to mask and were  smug and hostile.   Several of us, including one of our neighbors, called the police but by the time I left the police had not come and they were dispersing.   

Quote from: Marner and Me on July 31, 2020, 09:08:41 PM
More people die from the flu than they have Covid.

You've got to update your insane talking points now that Covid deaths have vastly exceeded yearly influenza deaths. This is mid-March talking point. Low energy!

Bazooka

Quote from: bgmnts on August 01, 2020, 06:32:12 PM
Aye but they also just wear them generally in cities because the pollution is so high, don't they? I assumed it was just ingrained into the culture, regardless of flu or smoke.

In China yes, much less so in the others,but yes it's very much normal, in Korea I found it was generally only women that wore them.

Cloud

Face mask of the day today was a bloke in Tesco with a backpack tied around his face

idunnosomename

can we have more shitty face coverings of the day. to be fair most people in my parish have proper masks. I havent seen anyone doing the "POOOO!!! WHO FARTED!?!?!" approach of pulling your tshirt up

Dex Sawash

Saw a man going in a store yesterday wearing a polo shirt[nb]one of those knit shirts with just three buttons and a soft collar, dunno if that is what y'all call them or not[/nb] holding one side of neck opening up over his face. Going keep that held up there the whole time bud?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

20,000 strong protest in Berlin yesterday, all mask snowflakes defending der freedums

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Dex Sawash on August 02, 2020, 12:45:34 AM
Saw a man going in a store yesterday wearing a polo shirt[nb]one of those knit shirts with just three buttons and a soft collar, dunno if that is what y'all call them or not[/nb] holding one side of neck opening up over his face. Going keep that held up there the whole time bud?

won't stop the virus. Particles land on outside, he sucks the air through, bringing the virus through those large large pores.

Marner and Me

Surely the same happens on a cloth mask, lands on the outside and gets sucked through? I've heard it can enter the body easier through the eyes.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Marner and Me on August 02, 2020, 12:38:57 PM
Surely the same happens on a cloth mask, lands on the outside and gets sucked through? I've heard it can enter the body easier through the eyes.

It depends on the grade of the mask, i.e. material, pore size, hydrophobicity etc. As for entering the eyes, yes it can. However, it is very less likely than through the airways. For sure, if you someone spat in your eyes there would be a high risk, otherwise you'd have to be very unlucky for a particle to pass onto the eye surface and infection to get through the natural barrier surrounding the eye. Rubbing virus contaminated eyes with your fingers is more likely, so don't do that. But the major route will always be mouth and nose, so wear a mask when in low volume, highly populated environments.

olliebean

A lot of the cloth masks come with pockets for filters, which presumably (assuming you use the right type of filter) would prevent the virus passing through. I haven't seen any guidance about what sort of filter to use, though. Some people have been using HEPA filters, or even coffee filters - just whatever they have around the house that has the word "filter" on it.