Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:34:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Face Masks

Started by Cuellar, July 06, 2020, 05:06:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dissolute ocelot

Farage is definitely the sort of guy who'd get in a hot tub naked with you.

DrGreggles

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on November 03, 2020, 03:45:16 PM
Farage is definitely the sort of guy who'd get in a hot tub naked with you.

And yet he failed to RSVP.

Head Gardener

Head Gardener

Icehaven

I've just realised I've been wasting make up on the end of my nose and the lower half of my face for months. Ffs.

Aaron500

Quote from: icehaven on November 20, 2020, 10:49:37 AM
I've just realised I've been wasting make up on the end of my nose and the lower half of my face for months. Ffs.

I've saved literally an hour and a half or so over the last six months, because now the days when I used to think "I really should shave before work" have become "fuck it, I wear a mask all day, I'll shave on my day off". Probably saved 35p on shaving foam and replacement blades too.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: Wanking Monk of Kefalonia on November 02, 2020, 07:21:04 AM
Being forced to cover your face by an absolute cunt like Matt Hancock is pathetic and demeaning, the justification for which is based on extremely shaky scientific evidence. So why do you regard such a humiliating garment as a fashion accessory?
excuse you, my facemasks are covered in skulls, flames, leopard print and weed leaves and look fukkin' bad ass

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on November 20, 2020, 09:07:51 PM
excuse you, my facemasks are covered in skulls, flames, leopard print and weed leaves and look fukkin' bad ass

not so bad

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

(I also have some plain black and plain white ones for when I need to look like a professional with a grown-up's job, but since I have to wear a mask while shopping they might as well be masks I like.

Also arctic camo. I have four of those.)

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on November 20, 2020, 09:16:58 PM
(I also have some plain black and plain white ones for when I need to look like a professional with a grown-up's job, but since I have to wear a mask while shopping they might as well be masks I like.

No idea how to react to this new information.

Good?

sirhenry

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on November 20, 2020, 09:16:58 PM
So that's why we never see you in Iceland any more.

Head Gardener

Attila

As someone with a lot of earpiercings, that outfit makes me cringe -- you'd sit down, and the 'mask' straps would rip them out.

(I realise there's a lot more going on with that outfit, but that's the first 'nope nope nope' that came to mind for me -- I've already pinged out earrings a few times removing a normal mask).

Pranet

Had to go on a long bus journey today for work and it has left me fuming at the inevitable arseholes who can't be bothered with that mask shit. Like I knew it would. I muttered something about selfish cunts as I passed them on the way out, which is pathetic I know. But humans really are terrible. Not being arsed to do a tiny thing that might help everyone a little bit. It gets to me. It is like littering or something. Just, why?

frajer

Quote from: Pranet on November 25, 2020, 03:52:09 PM
Had to go on a long bus journey today for work and it has left me fuming at the inevitable arseholes who can't be bothered with that mask shit. Like I knew it would. I muttered something about selfish cunts as I passed them on the way out, which is pathetic I know. But humans really are terrible. Not being arsed to do a tiny thing that might help everyone a little bit. It gets to me. It is like littering or something. Just, why?

I've also caught myself muttering swears at people who don't mask up. Am loads quicker to anger when out and about these days too. It's not good and I need get more control of myself, but these anti-mask bell-ends are infuriating.

I think it's just basic human thoughtlessness meets selfishness. As you mentioned, it's comparable to littering. It's nothing new to realise a vast amount of people are casually lazy and selfish, but instead of just making streets look a tip, these wankers could be killing vulnerable people because they can't be bothered with a lightweight face-covering. Gahhh.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

I reckon a lot of them think they're standing up to some fascist orthodoxy. I assume a lot of them are the type that think political correctness and health & safety are the same thing.

Jollity

buttgammon

Last night I dreamt that I was shopping, but I panicked when I realised I wasn't wearing a face mask and rummaged through my bag to find one.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: buttgammon on November 27, 2020, 09:02:40 AM
Last night I dreamt that I was shopping, but I panicked when I realised I wasn't wearing a face mask and rummaged through my bag to find one.
Funnily enough, I had a similar experience the other day... except it was in real life. It's only a ten minute round trip back to my house, so not a massive inconvenience, but I did feel a bit embarrassed by my absent mindedness.

JamesTC

City official, angered when asked to wear a mask, throws own feces

QuoteYasunobu Yukumoto, a member of the Akaiwa City Council in Okayama Prefecture. While visiting a health center on 4 November, he was asked by staff to put on a mask while inside the building. This caused him to shout "I don't need a mask, because I'm not talking!"

Perhaps realizing that he just did the complete opposite of what he said, he then took a page from the non-verbal communication of the noble chimpanzee and proceeded to throw his own feces in anger.

However, before you go thinking he has the ability to produce poop on command so that it could be used as a weapon, he was at the medical center to drop off a stool sample and just happened to have it in his hand at the time.

Once again shouting, "I don't need a mask to drop off a sample," he hurled it at a nearby desk. Reports are unclear whether or not this compromised the tube and bag holding his waste matter.

After that, the 73-year-old councilman went out to his car, got a mask, put it on, then returned to the building and shouted "These young punks!" at his constituents.

Blue Jam

Menu

Quote from: Blue Jam on December 02, 2020, 09:31:36 PM
Well, this isn't at all sinister:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-55158319

That's awful. I guess Amazon are thinking, well nobody gave a shit about us putting microphones in their homes and letting us listen to everything they do and say - so let's just take it to the next level.

Blue Jam

I can't find the relevant thread now, but someone mentioned companies possibly wanting to use software to monitor productivity because they don't trust their employees to work from home.

This thing is an AI that can analyse any security camera footage. There sure as hell will be function creep.

Menu

Quote from: Blue Jam on December 03, 2020, 01:49:20 AM
I can't find the relevant thread now, but someone mentioned companies possibly wanting to use software to monitor productivity because they don't trust their employees to work from home.

This thing is an AI that can analyse any security camera footage. There sure as hell will be function creep.

Genuinely frightening. And we'd be the lucky ones. What would a country like China do with this sort of shit?

sirhenry

Quote from: Blue Jam on December 03, 2020, 01:49:20 AM

That was almost certainly me - it was my pet theory last year and I've been posting about it all over. Basically the idea is that all digital work, from web design to university lecturers will become part of the gig economy, only being paid for the minutes that they are actually inputting data and competing globally for their jobs.

And this is how it starts.

Chedney Honks

Quote from: Menu on December 03, 2020, 02:01:29 AM
Genuinely frightening. And we'd be the lucky ones. What would a country like China do with this sort of shit?

Twelve years ago or so we rented out an office in our building in Wuhan to a guy who ran a Chinese translation company. When he used to go to Hong Kong for work, he set up webcams behind each of his employees' desks so he could monitor their screens and productivity on his phone.

They worked like ants I'm telling you 📱📱📱

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Menu on December 03, 2020, 02:01:29 AM
Genuinely frightening. And we'd be the lucky ones. What would a country like the UK do with this sort of shit?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: sirhenry on December 03, 2020, 08:19:57 AM
That was almost certainly me - it was my pet theory last year and I've been posting about it all over. Basically the idea is that all digital work, from web design to university lecturers will become part of the gig economy, only being paid for the minutes that they are actually inputting data and competing globally for their jobs.

And this is how it starts.

Glad now to be working in Government :)))

Head Gardener