Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 02:26:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Powerup Comics!

Started by machotrouts, July 06, 2020, 10:01:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

machotrouts

My favourite webcomic.

Ostensibly an inept webcomic by artistically bereft gamer bros Shadow and Chug, in reality an ironic prank by members of the "Truth and Beauty Bombs" forum (which I used to get confused with here because they both have "bomb" and "and" in the name). Now under the sole authorship of Eli "UnwinderH" Parker, and far outreaching its presumably-just-invented-to-take-the-piss-out-of-Ctrl+Alt+Del-when-that-was-still-a-relevant-target scope, with hundreds of strips and lots of read-between-the-lines backstory about the "real" Shadow and Chug's lives.

Probably peaked in notoriety during its original 2007-2010 run, it's undergone a renaissance since 2017 and seems to be updating most days again. Entire comic archived on Drunk Duck (note the volatile comment sections, of people either in on the joke and playing along, or genuinely baffled and horrified by the popularity of this apparently awful comic), but new strips probably best followed on Twitter.

Just seemed like a thing that should already have a thread. Well it does now. Hope you're happy.

g0m

Long time powerup comics fan, love it, and in a dream come true scenario I got to do a guest comic for it recently

machotrouts

Quote from: g0m on July 07, 2020, 12:04:05 PM
Long time powerup comics fan, love it, and in a dream come true scenario I got to do a guest comic for it recently

You're g0m! Of g0m fame!

Gonna embed the shit out of that if you don't mind.

Also embedding the comic you cameoed in for good measure:

C_Larence

I'm always surprised by how low the engagement they get on twitter is, glad to know their are other fans out there.

Machotrouts have you read tails gets trolled? I only found out about it a few weeks ago and am most definitely late to the party, but I devoured all 23 chapters and am still none the wiser about now intention the quality of it was

g0m

Quote from: machotrouts on July 07, 2020, 12:33:23 PM
You're g0m! Of g0m fame!

Gonna embed the shit out of that if you don't mind.

cheers! I also did the layout for this one because of eli's broken arm [reflected in-canon via chug's broken arm]. It was my first time working with the official sprite sheets and it was very fun to make

https://twitter.com/ShadowPowerup/status/1247519537026732033