Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:07:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Corporate - Season 3 starts July 22

Started by NoSleep, July 07, 2020, 06:41:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoSleep

At long last! This, sadly, will be their last season, but, happily, this is because they've done all they wanted to with the show, so looking forward to their next project.

Trailer: https://youtu.be/XfaozXl_hPU

chveik

Famous Mortimer

I love Corporate, and you (reader of this thread) should too.

Small Man Big Horse

I can't wait for it too, the first season was great and then the second was even better, which bodes well.

cacciaguida

Anyone know any streaming platform where you can watch the earlier seasons? Can only see prime with it at something like a tenner for the lot

Small Man Big Horse

Well, "Pickle pickle pickle I'm gonna kill you with my sickle" will stay with me for the rest of my life now, though "The fans vomit, we eat the vomit, and then we simply vomit that vomit back in to the fan's mouths" came a close second in the lines I loved list. I thought it was glorious stuff throughout too, one of the absurder episodes but still packed with some beautifully vicious bits of satire, and most importantly it made me laugh a huge amount throughout.

NoSleep

So glad it's back. Enjoyed that immensely.

spaghetamine

Buzzing, forgot how good Lance Reddick is in this

olliebean

Oh my goodness, the utter desolate awfulness of the scansion in that Pickle song...

Small Man Big Horse

Lovely to hear Bob Odenkirk in this week's, sure it was desolate stuff once again but it was still a bloody funny exploration of such a bleak subject.

chveik

another belter. I'm really sad that it's the last series

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: chveik on August 01, 2020, 01:07:03 AM
another belter. I'm really sad that it's the last series

Likewise. I know they claim it's a decision from the creators but these characters are so fantastic, and the set up is such a strong one, that I don't see why it couldn't run for at least a couple more seasons without the risk of it running out of steam.

chveik

fuck there are only six episodes this season :(

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: chveik on August 06, 2020, 02:43:39 PM
fuck there are only six episodes this season :(

I know, and because of that I'm refusing to believe the "it was our own choice to end it" claim.

The third was another glorious episode, I loved the various friendships between Grace and Karen, and then Christian (whose impersonation of Jake was amazing), and Jake and Matt's ongoing battle with the coffee woman was great too, I found myself laughing again and again throughout the episode, and laughing hard too. Plus John and the comb, ah man, that was just beautifully weird.

NoSleep

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on August 07, 2020, 03:05:54 PM
I know, and because of that I'm refusing to believe the "it was our own choice to end it" claim.

It's not that hard to believe; there's been some repetition, revisiting of similar themes (not in this season, so far). I'm going to look forward to their next project if they think wrapping Corporate is the way to go.

Small Man Big Horse

I guess I just don't want it to end and so feel frustrated, but I'll probably come to terms with it one day, many, many years in the future.

I've also just discovered that Anne Dudek, who plays Kate so beautifully here, was the lead in The Book Group and can't believe I never noticed before!

NoSleep

The bad news is that Comedy Central is under new management (MTV) as per the "reboots" being talked about in the South Park thread, so I'm not sure whether Jake & Matt are going to have a home in Comedy Central for their next project.

olliebean

Oh. I do hope Comedy Central doesn't have the rights to do new South Park stuff without Trey & Matt's (who's Jake?) involvement. If they do, the recent comments about wanting to do new South Park movies "as long as you're doing something new, and that could be anything from a new style to a new tone to a new voice coming from a specific writer" could be somewhat ominous.

NoSleep

Quote from: olliebean on August 09, 2020, 07:30:20 PM
(who's Jake?)

Jake & Matt are the two guys that created and star in Corporate.

olliebean

Quote from: NoSleep on August 09, 2020, 08:15:57 PM
Jake & Matt are the two guys that created and star in Corporate.

Ah, of course. Forgot which thread I was in for a moment.

Small Man Big Horse

Hmmm, bit of an odd one this week, in some ways I liked that they were doing something a bit different, a little odder and offbeat and even plain surreal in places, but it only partly worked for me at least. It's the first one this season that I haven't adored though so I really can't complain too much, and maybe it'll be one which grows on me with repeat viewings.

Blue Jam

Bought season 1 of off Amazon Prime and loved it, but where can the rest be had by legal means?

chveik

Quote from: Blue Jam on August 22, 2020, 06:37:22 PM
Bought season 1 of off Amazon Prime and loved it, but where can the rest be had by legal means?

one of us, one of us!

no idea.

Blue Jam

I haven't done any torrenting for years, partly because I like to support comedy shows I like, but mainly because it's a faff and I can't be arsed.

Ant Farm Keyboard

I've actually enjoyed quite a bit the latest episode, as it was basically centered on the interactions between the two leads, that are at the heart of the show. Plus William Fichtner and Martha Kelly didn't hurt.

Robot DeNiro

I'm going to really miss this show, the last episode was fantastic.  Without spoiling anything, I was glad I'd recently re-watched the very first episode.

spaghetamine

Wait so was that it? Are there only six episodes in this season? Everybody's talking like it's already finished

edit: yes, it was. :( pretty gutted it's over, as others have pointed out they definitely could have got a few more seasons out of it before it became stale

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Robot DeNiro on August 27, 2020, 01:20:15 PM
I'm going to really miss this show, the last episode was fantastic.  Without spoiling anything, I was glad I'd recently re-watched the very first episode.

Thanks for the heads up there, I'd forgotten pretty much everything that had happened in the first episode and watching it definitely made the finale a lot better. And what a finale it was too, an all round piece of loveliness that made me laugh hard throughout, it was a slight shame Grace was sidelined, but otherwise I've no issues and it was a fantastic way to wrap everything up.

steveh

Quote from: cacciaguida on July 08, 2020, 11:08:16 PM
Anyone know any streaming platform where you can watch the earlier seasons? Can only see prime with it at something like a tenner for the lot

First two are now back on Now TV and I assume Sky's on-demand thing. Dunno if that means the final one is close to being aired.