Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:59:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Corporate - Season 3 starts July 22

Started by NoSleep, July 07, 2020, 06:41:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Jam

Just up to series 2 and the episode with the male make-up and the nicotine toothpaste and I genuinely think it's an absolutely brilliant bit of satire.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Blue Jam on September 11, 2020, 04:53:14 PM
Just up to series 2 and the episode with the male make-up and the nicotine toothpaste and I genuinely think it's an absolutely brilliant bit of satire.

I agree, it's a show which is right up there with the best things Comedy Central has ever made (Review with Forrest MacNeil and Nathan For You then).

dead-ced-dead

I genuinely think that Corporate may be my favourite office/corporate satire, which is a high bar when considering that list includes peak Office (UK and US), Office Space, Better Off Ted, The Apartment etc.

Blue Jam

You peeps are making me anxious about missing so much good comedy and I watch bloody loads. How is there so much good stuff out there?

On season 2 episode 9 now. Grace's cactus looks just like the phallic one which is slowly dying in the office I am not allowed into. I feel her pain.

Love Ricky's Pseudo Fooooood too. And the use of that vulture cry stock sound effect.

Blue Jam

S02E10: Mark Proksch!

Will catch up with the rest of you soon.

Blue Jam

S03E02. Wow, that was a tough watch. Incredible though. Think I need to watch something a bit lighter now...

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: dead-ced-dead on September 12, 2020, 09:29:57 AM
I genuinely think that Corporate may be my favourite office/corporate satire, which is a high bar when considering that list includes peak Office (UK and US), Office Space, Better Off Ted, The Apartment etc.
It's definitely better than "Better Off Ted".

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Blue Jam on September 18, 2020, 11:04:56 PM
S03E02. Wow, that was a tough watch. Incredible though. Think I need to watch something a bit lighter now...

I loved that one too, but you're not wrong, it's bleak in places for sure. Thankfully it is the series at it's darkest though.

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on September 19, 2020, 02:32:23 AM
It's definitely better than "Better Off Ted".

I think so too, but I have  massive soft spot for Better Off Ted, for a network comedy it was often quite subversive, and I rewatched a couple of episodes recently and found myself really enjoying it still.

Blue Jam

The Black Dog costume was impressively horrible. The tongue looked like a big slab of liver. Also it looked a bit cheap, in contrast to how slick the rest of the show looks, and it being jarringly out of place seemed deliberate.

As an aside, I loved Jake's To Do list on the wall in his apartment:

Quote* KISS PEBBLES
* FEED PEBBLES
* KISS PEBBLES

I noticed that before The Black Dog told Jake "Even your cat doesn't love you" and of course that was going to be the thing that made him argue with his inner critic.

As someone said upthread, it explains a lot about Jake's cynicism. It was all too real.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on July 30, 2020, 08:31:27 PM
Lovely to hear Bob Odenkirk in this week's

Paul F Tompkins in S03E04 as well! Good to see more Mr. Show alumni and nice to see Mr Peanutbutter and Hollyhock reunited.

dead-ced-dead

I'm finally catching up with season 3 and it's just as soul crushing and sinister as ever... and funny, of course.