Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,475
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:56:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Astro City Mini!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by Huxleys Babkins, July 07, 2020, 09:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Sega are doing another miniaturised classic, this time their Astro City arcade cabinet.

Unlike the recent NeoGeo mini, this has got proper micro-switched buttons and sticks (albeit smaller than the real thing) and the cabinet itself is made from the exact same plastic as the real cabinet. It has an HDMI-out and two USB ports for adding additional controllers.

There's 36 games in total, they announced the first 10 today;

Alien Syndrome
Alien Storm
Golden Axe
Golden Axe: Revenge of the Death Adder
Columns II
Dark Edge
Tant-R
Virtua Fighter
Fantasy Zone
Altered Beast

Chedney Honks

Much more interested in arcade perfect ports than MD ports of these games. Sounds great.

Jerzy Bondov

Fuck me this sounds good

Fucking hell

Jerzy Bondov

Hope it comes with a little stool for your hamster like these ones did - https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/image/10673145

Spiteface

Want to see what else they add to this, but looks cool. Enjoyed Fighting Vipers being put in the arcades in Judgment, so put one of the Fighting Vipers games on this and I'll be even more tempted. Still thinking of picking up one of the Neo Geo ones, to be honest.

Quote from: Chedney Honks on July 07, 2020, 09:53:20 AM
Much more interested in arcade perfect ports than MD ports of these games. Sounds great.

Just watch as they still put that MD port of Virtua Fighter 2 on it out of spite.

These are the additional controllers they are selling;

I'm hoping they'll be doing some full size arcade sticks too. I always wanted the Astro City-styled Saturn Virtua Stick/Virtua Stick Pro, but never actually had a Saturn.

Spiteface

I hope Sega puts some genuine effort into the controllers - Sega made some of the best pads back in the day, and it feels like making a good D-pad is a dying art (it's what made me switch to stick for fighting games years ago). What were the pads on the Megadrive mini (the proper ones, not those awful AtGames ones) like?

Regarding them making a full-size stick? I've been tempted to get custom graphics made for one of my fightsticks like that. Arcade Shock offer Astro City art for one of the sticks I own. Would make a change from fighting game characters or anime "waifus" you normally see as custom art...

Mister Six

Every time I see this thread I think it's about a new miniseries for the much-loved comic book Astro City