Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 09:33:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Let's speculate on what crime my employee committed

Started by Non Stop Dancer, July 07, 2020, 07:55:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dex Sawash

Blinder Data

non stop dancer - if you find out what he did, are you gonna tell us? it's all right if not, in fact I'd do the same in your position. probably best to keep schtum until it's a matter of public record

I'm just asking because every time I see there's a new post I'm disappointed that the mystery has not yet been revealed

gilbertharding

Quote from: touchingcloth on July 10, 2020, 09:58:39 PM
I've experienced multiple people leaving work with no notice, and I don't know definitely whether that was someone deciding themselves to quit, gross misconduct/fingers in tills, or crimes unrelated to work.

They've all come with an announcement along the lines of "we are letting you know that Ian Dubious will no longer be working at Company with immediate effect. Speak with your line manager if you have any concerns about this". I've no idea what information was given to the line managers in advance, of course.

Hmmm. When I had my interview for the job I have now (at the start of a two week holiday from the job I was doing at the time), they asked if I could possibly start right away. I said I would see what I could do. I rang my then employer, who eventually decided that yes, I could forego the four weeks notice in my contract.

It was only a few months later, when I happened to bump into an ex colleague one Saturday morning that I realised they had all been forced to guess the reason I hadn't come back from my holidays.

I mean, it was no skin off my nose at all. In fact, the air of mystery I imagined it gave me was vaguely thrilling.

Non Stop Dancer

Quote from: Blinder Data on July 11, 2020, 11:44:18 AM
non stop dancer - if you find out what he did, are you gonna tell us? it's all right if not, in fact I'd do the same in your position. probably best to keep schtum until it's a matter of public record

I'm just asking because every time I see there's a new post I'm disappointed that the mystery has not yet been revealed
Fair question, and I don't know tbh. Once it's publicly known I'll provide a broad explanation while leaving out potentially identifying details.

Non Stop Dancer

I was hoping he'd appear in the local magistrates roundup in the paper today but no luck. From what I can gather I think that either meant he pled not guilty and requested a trial by jury, or the crime would warrant a custodial sentence of at least 6 months and is therefore outside the purview of the magistrate Court.

Sebastian Cobb

Yeah we had one guy was off sick and then just disappeared.

Although something I've seen more commonly in bigger companies with centralised HR departments and a 'bench policy' is people go on and off the sick with physical illness, develop depression and basically be on and off the sick for a long period 6 months to a year until they get papped out. Usually this is because managers have buried their heads in the sand, eventually realising they can't rely on them for work planning and just doling out busywork when they happen to be in and letting HR process eventually deal with it which I'm sure just makes matters worse for the depressed party. Although I know at least one of them was much happier as it forced them to get a better job, which seemed to get the black dog out of them.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Is the past tense of plead actually " pled"? Asking for a friend.

touchingcloth

It's plod. PC plod that he was, in fact, a bad rapist.

Tony Tony Tony

This thread is getting like Who shot JR?

In fact that may well be what he did... shot JR

Icehaven

Non Stop Dancer

Driving me fucking mental not being able to find out more about this.

canadagoose

touchingcloth

Imagine if the OP turns out to be his employee. Have you been having unlicensed non-stop dance contests in underground car parks lately?

Non Stop Dancer

Minor update from family member today. Still not letting on what he's accused of but police searched the house while they were there. It's thought that should it come to a custodial sentence, we're talking years rather than months.

Dr Rock

Non Stop Dancer

Quote from: Dr Rock on July 13, 2020, 09:46:43 PM
Coke dealer.
My guess is drugs or some kind of sex wrong.  Fucksake he is the archetype of a nice, caring, thoughtful person. If it's something horrible I won't know what to think about the world anymore.

The Lurker

Quote from: Dr Rock on July 13, 2020, 09:46:43 PM
Coke dealer.

Someone I vaguely knew is doing time for being part of a cocaine smuggling gang. He was the brains of the operation according to the local press. He was in custody prior his trial which is what made me think the OP's employee's crime was dealing coke - especially with his past.

I think it made the local press as soon as he (and others) were charged. Looking at thelawpages, he'll be out in just under three years.

Goldentony

neil young bootlegs, guarantee you, still wont let those go

Icehaven

Quote from: Non Stop Dancer on July 13, 2020, 10:56:45 PM
My guess is drugs or some kind of sex wrong. Fucksake he is the archetype of a nice, caring, thoughtful person. If it's something horrible I won't know what to think about the world anymore.

Without wishing to speculate too much some of the most outwardly pleasant, thoughtful and intelligent prisoners I've worked with have been hideous sex offenders. Again though I'd be wary of speculating about your employee's charges too much, there's loads of things you can get a sentence of at least a few years for apart from sex crimes. Drugs and firearms are the most common and obvious but it could be anything. We've had a group in recently who got between 3-5 years for being members of a banned far right group, and you can get a few years for fraud even if it's a first offence.

touchingcloth

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on August 03, 2020, 08:45:41 PM
Any news?

Oh my GOD you bawbag. I saw that this thread had been revived and bided my time before reading it in the hope there was a juicy update.

I hope there's a juicy update, and I'm sorry for calling you a bawbag. I'm incredibly stressed out by COVID.

pigamus

shiftwork2

Who bumps a 'waiting for big news' thread with 'any news'?  HZJ has committed a crime now.

Dex Sawash

QDRPHNC

Blue Jam

Go and sit in the public gallery for the trial. Could be a fucking bleak experience mind.

Or just get called up for jury service. They''ll tell you the charges and then you can just tell them you know the defendent and they'll excuse you and you can just go and have a good old shudder of disgust at home.

Alberon

Quote from: shiftwork2 on August 03, 2020, 10:12:37 PM
Who bumps a 'waiting for big news' thread with 'any news'?  HZJ has committed a crime now.

Good think it was not me. I was just thinking of this thread earlier today.