Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:29:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Red Rishi's Eat Out to Get COVID-19

Started by idunnosomename, July 08, 2020, 10:58:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idunnosomename

Leigh has the cheapest petrol prices I've ever found. fun little fact that. completely useless at the moment though because it's just above 100 pretty much everywhere

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on July 10, 2020, 12:49:30 PM
I'm going to add 'do you like going to restaurants between Monday and Wednesday?' to my tinder icebreakers.

"I never thought I'd say this, right... Pull down the blinds. I'm going to Nandos. In August. On Monday. For an hour."

Cuellar

Quote from: idunnosomename on July 10, 2020, 01:04:14 PM
Leigh has the cheapest petrol prices I've ever found. fun little fact that. completely useless at the moment though because it's just above 100 pretty much everywhere

Few months back (or was it weeks? can't remember time anymore), I filled up when it was 99.something. Hadn't seen that for about 20 year.

idunnosomename

boot stamping on a face level deso time

BlodwynPig

Heil! Heil! Heil! Heil! 2.99 GBP All Day

shiftwork2

This week I learned that for just £1.99 I can get 'a selection of guest ales' in JD Covidspoon or an ad to sell my personal brand on John C's website. 

I can't decide whether I love or hate the modern world.

They love Legend Rishi so much that they they used a picture of him looking constipated in a quarry.

jobotic

Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in.

Ruddles Best £1.29! I hope it's warm.

olliebean

Quote from: idunnosomename on July 13, 2020, 01:27:35 PM

Just one problem with that: the cut in VAT for pubs doesn't apply to alcoholic drinks. So they may be reducing their ale prices, but it has nothing to do with what Rishi Sunak has announced.

Pink Gregory

oh fuck off into a big burning bin wetherspoons

BlodwynPig

next Prime Minister, getting the plebs prepared "he's alright that (racist word)" as they munch down their reheated shit from Wetherspoon's sewage pipes.

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 13, 2020, 04:48:55 PM
next Prime Minister, getting the plebs prepared "he's alright that (racist word)" as they munch down their reheated shit from Wetherspoon's sewage pipes.
"They call us racist, but all Labour's leaders* have been white men. Enough said."

*excluding temp ones, obv.

Jockice

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on July 10, 2020, 12:26:58 PM
There is no good place to put crutches in my experience.

I'll stick them up your arse if I hear anymore of that pal.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Cuellar on July 10, 2020, 01:09:52 PM
Few months back (or was it weeks? can't remember time anymore), I filled up when it was 99.something. Hadn't seen that for about 20 year.

Fell to about a pound a litre for a few months in the aftermath of the financial crash. Probably would have been even lower but there had been an oil boom in the lead up.

Fambo Number Mive

Quote...Figures for the whole of the UK show that, for days where enough testing data is now available, there have been more than 2,000 cases every day since September 1.

With an average incubation period of roughly five days, this implies that the rise in caseload coincided with the last week in August, including the bank holiday weekend and the height of popularity of chancellor Rishi Sunak's "eat out to help out" scheme, which encouraged people to dine in restaurants...

https://www.ft.com/content/e26349e5-29d4-4797-96ea-a09aac8cd652

Oh Sunak

idunnosomename

Finally some good news!

edit wrong thread

Sebastian Cobb

CDC Report: Dining out is one of the riskiest possible activities you can do during the pandemic.
https://twitter.com/holstat/status/1304349282699485184?s=21

FANK OOOO RISHI FOR THE HALF PRICE MCDONALDS FANKOOOOOOO

frajer

Rishi shrugs and chortles as he unwraps his wilted foot-long Subway. "Looks like I've done it again eh, readers?"

Fambo Number Mive

Labour need to go in hard on this. Give plenty of publicity to the CDC report. We need to scrap Eat Out To Help Out and extend furlough.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on September 11, 2020, 11:49:40 AM
CDC Report: Dining out is one of the riskiest possible activities you can do during the pandemic.
https://twitter.com/holstat/status/1304349282699485184?s=21

FANK OOOO RISHI FOR THE HALF PRICE MCDONALDS FANKOOOOOOO

I hope to see him being dragged away in handcuffs by masked police officers. More than hope, I pray, I need, I will feast!! Someone out of his depth playing silly little games with pointless propaganda. fuck him to hell.

frajer

It'd be quite satisfying for him to be invited by posh No. 10 knobs to his local restaurant and when he gets there all the guests are smiling too much and it turns out that it's Society and Rishi is the main course in a flesh-melding orgy of consumption and gratification.

"Eat Out to Help Out, Rishi!" will be the last thing he hears cackled at him, before a bulbous hemorrhoid head sucks his face off.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on September 11, 2020, 04:25:12 PM
Labour need to go in hard on this. Give plenty of publicity to the CDC report. We need to scrap Eat Out To Help Out and extend furlough.

The former is hardly likely while Keith is trying to be all, 'look business, we love you again'. It's clear that a steep rise in cases over the next 3 weeks will put huge pressure back on the government to extend furlough from October 31st onwards regardless of what Keith does or says.

One useful plant I'm using is describing track & trace as 'Serco Track & Trace' not NHS Track & Trace.

Braintree

Quote from: BlodwynPig on September 11, 2020, 04:44:18 PM
I hope to see him being dragged away in handcuffs by masked police officers. More than hope, I pray, I need, I will feast!! Someone out of his depth playing silly little games with pointless propaganda. fuck him to hell.

I mocked up this so we can imagine the moment.

Pinball

We are now at 70% (3,500/5,000) of the peak daily cases back in late March. The second wave is upon us like a nearly-arrived tsunami.

If I were to describe Rishi's policy in one word it would be- D'oh.

Where are the scientists in UK politics nowadays? They are all bankers, lawyers and PPE graduates (which has no science component). This explains a lot of their incompetence IMO. Not so much Quatermass and the Pit, as Barclays is a Tit.

Braintree

Also I only think deaths are as low as they are because of the stupid within 28 days rules.

Pinball

I agree. Deaths will increase as young'uns spread it to the older and less healthy. This is likely what happened in Wave 1 but C19 was only tested for in hospitals then. Now we are seeing the reality of how this spreads.

Personally I think this isn't going away for 1-2 years. July 2021 earliest for approved vaccines, and much longer until most people can actually get vaccinated. Meanwhile, the UK economy is fucked. More than any other country (apart from Spain), apparently. The electorate needs to consider why the UK did so appallingly badly...

bgmnts

Quote from: Pinball on September 11, 2020, 11:23:01 PM
The electorate needs to consider why the UK did so appallingly badly...

1. Foreigns
2. Poor people
3. Teachers

You know how this goes.

Pinball

Yes that's the spin, but as we all know it's mostly our abominably shit, non-scientist, corporate whore politicians. But who are you going to vote for if they are all the same? Democracy is dead.

At least the billionaire dictators in China are smart. And haven't they done well throughout this... Arguably, this pandemic is the catalyst towards the end of Western hegemony and a switch to China. Another important topic, that is (mostly in MSM) NOT being discussed currently. But I digress.

olliebean

Quote from: Braintree on September 11, 2020, 10:52:18 PM
Also I only think deaths are as low as they are because of the stupid within 28 days rules.

Absolutely. With improved treatments, probably most people who die from it now will be lasting more than 28 days after diagnosis.