Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:29:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Gyms, pools and theatres to reopen

Started by Fambo Number Mive, July 09, 2020, 05:15:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteOutdoor pools will be able to re-open on 11 July
Indoor gyms, swimming pools and sports facilities will then be able to re-open from 25 July
Grassroots sport will be able to return from this coming weekend, beginning with cricket (other sports will follow)
Outdoor theatres will be able to start up from Saturday
Small pilots of indoor performances with socially distanced audiences will also take place to help work out the best way to get them up and running

Even in the open air one would hope actors would stay 2m apart or wear a mask. I do wonder how theatre will work during the pandemic.

Indoor gyms seem to be the biggest issue on this - how do you enforce social distancing in a gym? I presume all machines will be 2m apart and numbers will be limited

Fambo Number Mive

Dowden telling people to get "match-fit" and "do their part" by buying theatre tickets is yet another attempt by the government to shift responsibility to the public. It also ignores that many people aren't in a position to get "match-fit" or afford to buy theatre tickets.

I also note this

QuoteFrom Monday 13 July, beauticians, tattooists, spas, tanning salons and other close contact services can reopen "subject to some restrictions on particularly high-risk services"

jobotic

QuoteDowden has also said that local sports teams can reopen this weekend.

What?

Cloud

Fine with the outdoor performances (relatively safe it seems)

Fine with the pools (chlorine)

Indoor gyms seem like a virus mega-spreading zone to me though.  All that sweat all over everything.  All that puffing and blowing.  Bad bad bad... possibly worse than pubs....
At least we'll have an idea by then if the pubs are causing a spike, and can abort if necessary

Bias note: I hate gyms at the best of times.  Boring as hell and full of posers.

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteOliver Dowden says he has been "tremendously heartened by how the British public has behaved", showing "good British common sense".

Aside from this not being true, what does "British common sense" mean? It sounds like such a Little Englander thing to say, implying that other nations don't have common sense.

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on July 09, 2020, 05:15:51 PM
Even in the open air one would hope actors would stay 2m apart or wear a mask. I do wonder how theatre will work during the pandemic.

I'd imagine they'd form a bubble where the cast and crew all stay and travel together. That's how it's working in most team sports right now.

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on July 09, 2020, 05:30:32 PM
Aside from this not being true, what does "British common sense" mean? It sounds like such a Little Englander thing to say, implying that other nations don't have common sense.

It's gammon catnip.

DrGreggles

My gym is probably the cleanest 'public' place I know, but it's still potentially a COVID hotspot.
It's crazy to even consider reopening them, but sanity no longer seems to be a consideration.

bgmnts

Considering that most cunts at the gym I used dont wipe off their sweat after use, this fills me with dread.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Cloud on July 09, 2020, 05:28:57 PM

Fine with the pools (chlorine)

Alright Trump, you're not supposed to swallow the water

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on July 09, 2020, 05:30:32 PM

He needs to resign for that statement. Fascist cunt.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: bgmnts on July 09, 2020, 06:05:01 PM
Considering that most cunts at the gym I used dont wipe off their sweat after use, this fills me with dread.

Only pricks use gyms. There, I've said it. Let nature be your gym.

BlodwynPig

QuoteMounting evidence for airborne spread

Evidence is building that the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus can pass from person to person in tiny droplets called aerosols that waft through the air and accumulate over time. But this conclusion is not popular with some experts, because it contravenes evidence from decades of research into respiratory infections. On Monday, scientists urged authorities to acknowledge the potential for airborne transmission, in a commentary signed by 239 clinicians, infectious-disease physicians, epidemiologists, engineers and aerosol scientists. They also call for preventive measures to reduce this type of risk. In response, the World Health Organization will issue new guidelines about transmission in settings with close contact and poor ventilation.

https://nature.us17.list-manage.com/track/click?u=2c6057c528fdc6f73fa196d9d&id=bf5e616030&e=0864a43a98

Government: OPEN UP EVERYTHING NOW!

idunnosomename

DrGreggles

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 09, 2020, 06:41:09 PM
Only pricks use gyms.

It not just pricks that use gyms though, is it.
Cunts do as well.

PlanktonSideburns

british common sense = doing whatever the fuck you like if your posh, running towards the cannons if your not

BlodwynPig

Quote from: DrGreggles on July 09, 2020, 07:27:58 PM
It not just pricks that use gyms though, is it.
Cunts do as well.

There are pricks who don't use gyms, yes

Sebastian Cobb

Hope all the gym bores get covid, cheers.

jobotic

QuoteMounting evidence for airborne spread

Evidence is building that the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus can pass from person to person in tiny droplets called aerosols that waft through the air and accumulate over time. But this conclusion is not popular with some experts, because it contravenes evidence from decades of research into respiratory infections. On Monday, scientists urged authorities to acknowledge the potential for airborne transmission, in a commentary signed by 239 clinicians, infectious-disease physicians, epidemiologists, engineers and aerosol scientists. They also call for preventive measures to reduce this type of risk. In response, the World Health Organization will issue new guidelines about transmission in settings with close contact and poor ventilation.

I'm being very very stupid I know, but isn't this why I'm wearing a mask in the shops?

BlodwynPig

I think its the persistence that is the 'new evidence' factor? it doesn't just disappear with the spreader.

jobotic

So what do we do about that?

Might as well eat a load of Covid n Chips, see what happens.

Sebastian Cobb

I doubt anyone that goes to a lido gives a fuck about covid tbf.

ollyboro

Has any research been conducted into the dangers of catching Covid via sitting in a pool of somebody else's arse sweat in a sauna? If not, I'll volunteer to be an arse sweat guinea pig. There's nothing  I enjoy more than sitting in a pool of somebody else's arse sweat. Apart from reduced price doughnuts, obviously.

Cuellar

Would love to get BACK INTO THE GYM but they must be real hotspots for virus spreading.

Benchpress/squat racks are finally back in stock online so I'm tempted to just set up a prison yard style gym in the back garden. Wear a vest and bandana, smoke cigarettes with a cupped hand. Form a gang.

idunnosomename

not sure about theatres. got a verruca at shakespeare's globe once

Bazooka

Quote from: Cuellar on July 10, 2020, 10:51:06 AM
Would love to get BACK INTO THE GYM but they must be real hotspots for virus spreading.

Benchpress/squat racks are finally back in stock online so I'm tempted to just set up a prison yard style gym in the back garden. Wear a vest and bandana, smoke cigarettes with a cupped hand. Form a gang.

Mate your gonna get shanked fast without a couple of issues of the Metro under your vest.

Cuellar

Jockice

The place I go to has a gym and pool. I prefer the latter. Better exercise for the likes of me for a start. One good thing is that children won't be allowed in before September so I'll be able to go in at anytime without having to run the gauntlet because middle-class MILFOs (mothers I'd like to fuck off) don't like an actual disabled person using the disabled/parent and infant facilities (even just to get changed before going into the pool. Which takes like five minutes at the very most) when little Aubergine and Centrist have their violin lessons in half an hour. 

You may think I'm joking (and I try to avoid times when the swimming lessons are on for that reason, even though I pay for a full-day membership) but I hate those cunts more than I hate Hitler. Every public argument I've had in the last decade has been with one of them. Although with the dad who told me I had no right to go in there because it was for 'children only' I just smiled and pointed at the word 'disabled' on the door.

I'm assuming the disabled changing room will be open. It had better be. And apparently you have to book beforehand and have your temperature taken on the way in. The jacuzzi's shut though, so no sweaty arse crack antics for me.

Jockice

Quote from: Jockice on July 10, 2020, 06:43:36 PM
The place I go to has a gym and pool. I prefer the latter. Better exercise for the likes of me for a start. One good thing is that children won't be allowed in before September so I'll be able to go in at anytime without having to run the gauntlet because middle-class MILFOs (mothers I'd like to fuck off) don't like an actual disabled person using the disabled/parent and infant facilities (even just to get changed before going into the pool. Which takes like five minutes at the very most) when little Aubergine and Centrist have their violin lessons in half an hour. 

You may think I'm joking (and I try to avoid times when the swimming lessons are on for that reason, even though I pay for a full-day membership) but I hate those cunts more than I hate Hitler. Every public argument I've had in the last decade has been with one of them. Although with the dad who told me I had no right to go in there because it was for 'children only' I just smiled and pointed at the word 'disabled' on the door.

I'm assuming the disabled changing room will be open. It had better be. And apparently you have to book beforehand and have your temperature taken on the way in. The jacuzzi's shut though, so no sweaty arse crack antics for me.

I'll just add here that it's not so much the children getting changed bit that really annoys me but the fact that the parents seem to think the disabled changing room should be a permanent path between the pool and the reception area while the lessons are going on. I mean if they had to go through the 'normal' changing room that would take about a minute longer and their kids could have drowned by then, despite the presence of a fully-trained swimming instructor and a lifeguard in the room.

This probably comes across to most of you as me moaning about a small inconvenience. But really, these people are entitled cunts of the first order. Not all of them but enough to make me absolutely fucking hate them.

Sebastian Cobb

I don't really know why I felt the need to make this.

Small Man Big Horse

There's a few outdoor gigs announced of late (Regents Park Open Air Theatre, This Is Your Laugh, an open air musical I can't remember the name of) but despite my soul gasping for culture my brain won't let me book tickets. Which is causing me to hate my brain and the some.