Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 10:14:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

the MIKE TYSON MYSTERIES

Started by madhair60, July 09, 2020, 11:24:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

Love this show even though it s got a convicted rapist in it. Norm McDonald is in it and he's funny.

DrGreggles

Quote from: madhair60 on July 09, 2020, 11:24:35 PM
Love this show even though it s got a convicted rapist in it.

Yeah, I'm a big Wheel of Fortune fan too.

chveik

rapist humour is the B E S T

(you may be right about it being good, never watched it.)

madhair60

Quote from: chveik on July 09, 2020, 11:57:17 PM
rapist humour is the B E S T

(you may be right about it being good, never watched it.)

it's very funny imo though it IS queasy; there are haha rape jokes (that I can recall) but Mike's right there. I blame The Hangobver

chveik

looks like it's on the old putlocker, I'll watch it and report back.

Rev+

This was mentioned yonks ago and I thought it was an abandoned pilot or something - it's been running for 6 years?

Still not sure I can be arsed, it looks very Adult Swim at their most Adult Swim.

Small Man Big Horse

I have issues with it due to the Tyson rape problem but it does make me laugh a fair amount, and I just try to persuade myself that Tyson isn't aware that he's having the piss taken out of him half the time and isn't in on the joke, though I'm not convinced that's the case by any means. I think it's time to bring it to a close now though, they've pretty much exhausted the format and I was getting bored towards the end of it's most recent run, there were still some good episodes but they were fewer and further apart.

madhair60

Above when I said there are haha rape jokes, that's actually the worst typo ever. There AREN'T haha rape jokes that I can recall. I can't edit it now.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: madhair60 on July 10, 2020, 10:44:50 AM
Above when I said there are haha rape jokes, that's actually the worst typo ever. There AREN'T haha rape jokes that I can recall. I can't edit it now.

I have to admit to being confused as I hadn't spotted any, though I have missed the odd episode. Good to have it clarified though, as it would have been very ugly if they had had them.

It's a difficult one because at least Tyson was sent to prison and has served time for his crime, but I still find it difficult to watch sometimes.

madhair60

at the risk of sounding as cretinous as I did on the zoom last night, I don't really mind the casting/theming around Mike for pure absurdity's sake; I take more issue with his appearance in AEW wrestling for example, where the "danger" around him is played up, it's just ugly territory.

Ant Farm Keyboard

There have been some great episodes, including the one where the opening credits get "explained", but the latest bunch of episodes was mostly a chore. Pigeon gets sidelined (there have been entire episodes where Norm McDonald gets a scene at most), and the resolution usually involves everybody getting massacred.

veletision

Prefer to watch convicted rapists on the news tbh