Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:36:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pandemic 2.0: pneumonia "deadlier than coronavirus" killing in Kazkhstan

Started by Mister Six, July 09, 2020, 11:57:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mister Six

Oh good, it's Covid-20.

Seen some people suggesting it might be the dodgy Kazakhstan government trying to lower their coronavirus figures by forcing deaths to be listed as generic pneumonia; seen others saying it could be a seasonal disease exacerbated by Covid-19. Or, you know, it's s second pandemic in waiting.

What do you reckon? You ready for DOUBLEPLUS FUCKDOWN?

chveik

Barry Admin

Zetetic

Quote from: Mister Six on July 09, 2020, 11:57:46 PM
What do you reckon?
Limited testing capacity? Shoddy sensitivity in existing testing for some reason? Flu or something else co-circulating with COVID-19?

QuoteYou ready for DOUBLEPLUS FUCKDOWN?
Decent chance we've got that in a couple of months anyway. No one seems to know how flu vaccination is supposed to work in combination with social distancing.

Alberon

Johnny Yesno

idunnosomename

You wait ages for a pandemic, then three come along at once!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

steveh

QuoteThe Ministry of Healthcare of the Republic of Kazakhstan officially declares that this information IS NOT CONSISTENT WITH REALITY.

It is important to note that WHO introduced pneumonia codes into the International Classification of Diseases - ICD 10, in cases when COVID-19 is diagnosed clinically or epidemiologically, for example with the "ground glass" opacities in the affected lungs, but is not laboratory-confirmed.
In this regard, Kazakhstan, like other countries of the world, keeps records and monitoring of this kind of pneumonia, in order to make timely managerial decisions aimed at stabilizing the incidence and prevalence of COVID-19.
On July 9 the Minister of Healthcare of Kazakhstan Alexey Tsoy indicated the total number of pneumonia cases in the country: bacterial, fungal, viral origin, including "viral pneumonia, unspecified organism" as defined in ICD-10.

Consequently, the Ministry of Healthcare of the Republic of Kazakhstan emphasizes that the reports of the Chinese media IS NOT CONSISTENT WITH REALITY.

https://www.gov.kz/memleket/entities/dsm/press/news/details/informaciya-nekotoryh-kitayskih-smi-o-novoy-pnevmonii-v-kazahstane-ne-sootvetstvuet-deystvitelnosti?lang=en

Mister Six

Quote from: Zetetic on July 10, 2020, 12:05:42 AM
Flu or something else co-circulating with COVID-19?

This, I reckon, with Covid weakening immune systems and making people more vulnerable than they would be usually.

Quote from: Zetetic on July 10, 2020, 12:05:42 AM
No one seems to know how flu vaccination is supposed to work in combination with social distancing.

How would those two things affect one another?

Zetetic

Because, by default, you need to get masses of vulnerable people passing through pharmacies or GP surgeries or offices or somewhere to vaccinate them.

Mister Six

BlodwynPig

Inspector Norse

Quote from: bgmnts on July 11, 2020, 01:39:30 AM
Does anyone leave or enter Kazakhstan anyway?

There was a teenager from Kazakhstan on one of my Swedish courses when I first moved here.

He'd apparently come here to use the high-level training facilities as he was on the national Fin Swimming team.

He got very angry when someone else in the group mentioned they were gay, but after he realised no one shared his opinion, he never turned up again.