Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,576,474
  • Total Topics: 106,648
  • Online Today: 708
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 03:45:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Sawalha's Chicken Ruin

Started by privatefriend, July 10, 2020, 12:36:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Petey Pate

Quote from: Old Nehamkin on July 10, 2020, 12:55:50 PM
Every single piece of news I've heard about Chicken Run 2 has just compounded my initial reaction of "why are they bothering to do a chicken run 2". The whole venture just has a listless, redundant vibe to it. I think it's partly because stop-motion animation has always struck me as having a kind of dignified, precious quality owing to how time-consuming and painstaking the process is (Fast Show etc.), so it feels more wasteful to use that form for a contrived cash-in sequel than it would be if this was a CGI film. It's hard to imagine Peter Lord or Nick Park feeling the necessary spark of creative purpose to make the energy spent on this project feel worthwhile as they bend down to do that thing where they move the position of the characters eyes with a little needle that sticks into a hole in the pupil and then do it again 400 times to make it look like one of the cockney rats just did a double take.

Not to mention that all the original sets and models for Chicken Run were destroyed in a fire at the Aardman archives, a fire that Kelvin wishes had also killed Nick Park.

Blinder Data

NIck Park, you make me sick. You inhuman piece of shit. You cruel worm of a man.

If you don't reinstate Julia Sawalha as Ginger in Chicken Run 2 RIGHT THIS SECOND, I'm gonna BLOW MY GODDAMN BRAINS OUT!!!!!

EVILDOERS

Replies From View

Quote from: Pseudopath on July 13, 2020, 10:34:28 AM
I still think Kelvin said it best in the old Chicken Run 2 thread:

Savage.

Imagine lacking the senses to perceive The Wrong Trousers as a masterpiece.

It's scary and tragic.

I daren't read that old Chicken Run 2 thread as I already know I'm a stuck record.  I am glad Sawalha was called a croaking elderly-voiced bint because it gave me something slightly different to say this time.

Hand Solo

Chicken Run was written by Karey Kirkpatrick, the guy who complete raped The Hitchhiker's Guide script after Adams died, so it can get fucked from an even conceptual level even though I've never seen it.

pigamus

Quote from: Replies From View on July 13, 2020, 12:25:11 PM
Imagine lacking the senses to perceive The Wrong Trousers as a masterpiece.

It's scary and tragic.

I can see where he's coming from on the twee middle-classness of it - if they weren't as good as they are then they might be a bit insufferable. But they are as good as they are.

chveik

apparently this one will be sponsored by Nando's

thenoise

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on July 11, 2020, 10:35:38 AM
Yep.

I don't think the decision itself to simply not rehire the same person for the part after so long warrants outrage but when you add to the mixture being basically labelled an old voiced cunt, fuck off cunt with your old voice, what next, are we employing plague victims, go and join them you desperate loser cunt with a grave for a thorax..... You can kind of see why someone would be upset. Like losing a part becomes someone thinks your tits are dead.

Let's hope she finds this thread, and your kind words are some comfort to her x

idunnosomename

what does this lass look like? she look anything like a chicken? bet not. chicken roles for chickens