Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,576,469
  • Total Topics: 106,648
  • Online Today: 708
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 03:02:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)

Started by Ballad of Ballard Berkley, July 10, 2020, 10:30:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AsparagusTrevor

The Dream Child was always my least favourite by far, but it's even worse now we've got the censored print as the de-facto version, after having had the gorier version on VHS in this country. It makes some of the kills, which are probably the weakest of the franchise, even worse. Mainly Greta's death which goes from the gruesome idea of Freddy feeding someone their own guts to Freddy feeding someone jelly from a doll. The comic-book death was always shite though, as was Freddy's 'death', a downer after the spectacular Dream Master defeat.

In comparison to Freddy's Dead, at least that can be considered 'so-bad-it's-good'. Dream Child is quite dull, apart from a handful of scenes and shots. The Freddy makeup looks shit in both however, rubbery, smooth and clean and gives his head a weird triangular shape. Nothing like the creepy fresh look of 1, or the gammy skeletal look of 2 (my personal favourite).

Egyptian Feast

Quote from: AsparagusTrevor on July 31, 2020, 10:54:06 AM
The Dream Child was always my least favourite by far, but it's even worse now we've got the censored print as the de-facto version, after having had the gorier version on VHS in this country. It makes some of the kills, which are probably the weakest of the franchise, even worse. Mainly Greta's death which goes from the gruesome idea of Freddy feeding someone their own guts to Freddy feeding someone jelly from a doll. The comic-book death was always shite though, as was Freddy's 'death', a downer after the spectacular Dream Master defeat.

Ahh, that must have been the version I got in the boxset. It did seem weirdly bloodless.