Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:05:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Escape at Dannemora

Started by Bence Fekete, July 11, 2020, 04:58:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bence Fekete

A friend recommended this from a Buckles podcast and by god it's fantastic. Surprised it passed me by from 2018 and can't see a reference on CAB so here's some awareness.   

7 part prison drama documenting a real life Correctional Facility escape from 2015 starring, as per graphic, Benicio del Toro, Patricia Arquette and Paul Dano. All in sparkling form. Directed by Ben Stiller who shows some serious skillz in weaving together the kind of twisted psychological dependencies everyone forms. It's a wonderfully constructed thing all round.

Anyway that's my quick pitch. I only have one left to watch (boo) but if you have an inkling of love for any of these leads and/or crime dramas this is right up your alley. 

Bence Fekete

Oh, and I downloaded from PB but seems to be up on Amazon Prime.

Puce Moment

You're right! I can't find a thread at all, which is odd.

I loved this - great performances, particularly Arquette who, on top of with Boyhood and Boardwalk Empire, is kind of becoming a brilliant actor in middle-age.

The sex scenes are squalid as hell, and the build-up to the break-out is fantastic.

Hoping for a season 2!

niat

I agree - this was a very good show. Great performances all round.

It's also available to download on demand on Sky, as it was apparently shown on Sky Atlantic.

Ja'moke

Yes, watched this at the time, and it was indeed excellent. Sorry, not much else to add, other than highly recommend it!

gib

Watched this yesterday, thought it was very good.

wooders1978

Up to episode 6 and it's really gathering pace now - awesome series and amazing directing from Ben stiller - who would have guessed

robotam

That movie he was making in Extras looked quite good!

Neomod

I too hadn't about this until AD's podcast.

Finished it last night and really enjoyed it. I'm glad it was the second to last episode that showed Matt and Sweat's reasons for being in prison as I think if the crimes had been shown earlier I would have been less engaged with their escape.

Loved Arquette's performance. She quite rightly cleaned up the awards that year.

Apparently Mitchell's out now and back with her husband and thinks Ben Stiller is an idiot.

bgmnts

I love Patricia Arquette.

I am physically in love with her.