Author Topic: Escape at Dannemora  (Read 590 times)

Escape at Dannemora
« on: July 11, 2020, 04:58:02 PM »

A friend recommended this from a Buckles podcast and by god it's fantastic. Surprised it passed me by from 2018 and can't see a reference on CAB so here's some awareness.   

7 part prison drama documenting a real life Correctional Facility escape from 2015 starring, as per graphic, Benicio del Toro, Patricia Arquette and Paul Dano. All in sparkling form. Directed by Ben Stiller who shows some serious skillz in weaving together the kind of twisted psychological dependencies everyone forms. It's a wonderfully constructed thing all round.

Anyway that's my quick pitch. I only have one left to watch (boo) but if you have an inkling of love for any of these leads and/or crime dramas this is right up your alley. 

Re: Escape at Dannemora
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2020, 05:05:50 PM »
Oh, and I downloaded from PB but seems to be up on Amazon Prime.

Puce Moment

• Hi guys
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2020, 08:01:12 PM »
You're right! I can't find a thread at all, which is odd.

I loved this - great performances, particularly Arquette who, on top of with Boyhood and Boardwalk Empire, is kind of becoming a brilliant actor in middle-age.

The sex scenes are squalid as hell, and the build-up to the break-out is fantastic.

Hoping for a season 2!

niat

• Silver Member
  • CPFC 1861(?)
    • http://www.last.fm/user/niat1972
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2020, 12:46:38 PM »
I agree - this was a very good show. Great performances all round.

It's also available to download on demand on Sky, as it was apparently shown on Sky Atlantic.

Ja'moke

• based on the novel Push by Sapphire
    • Inside Survivor
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2020, 01:10:59 PM »
Yes, watched this at the time, and it was indeed excellent. Sorry, not much else to add, other than highly recommend it!

gib

• still within the realms of safety
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2020, 10:26:03 AM »
Watched this yesterday, thought it was very good.

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2020, 08:48:11 AM »
Up to episode 6 and it’s really gathering pace now - awesome series and amazing directing from Ben stiller - who would have guessed

robotam

• 0-1-1-0-1-fun!!
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2020, 01:27:40 PM »
That movie he was making in Extras looked quite good!

Tags: