Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,583,397
  • Total Topics: 106,741
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 05:33:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Weird animals

Started by Kryton, July 11, 2020, 07:07:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kryton

Archaeidae, also known as the Pelican spider - 40 million years old fossils were discovered encased in amber (and were not known to currently exist until discovered alive in Europe and Madagascar in the 1840's) . A spider known for preying on other spiders by following silk strands and waiting to ambush (sometimes) bigger, nastier spiders. This type of spider doesn't spin its own webs, instead preferring to hunt and ambush, sometimes by tricking other spiders by tapping the silk and thus mimicking trapped prey..

Jittlebags

https://youtu.be/sBjYE8X08AM

I'll raise your Pelican spider species to a phylum. Priapulida.

Sebastian Cobb

Them monkeys with the big red arses.

Kryton

Quote from: Jittlebags on July 11, 2020, 10:45:37 PM
https://youtu.be/sBjYE8X08AM

I'll raise your Pelican spider species to a phylum. Priapulida.

Great creature but why does the camera man keep tapping it? Bastard.

touchingcloth

Crabs. An animal which has evolved to exclusively live in human pubes. Not other parts of the human body, not non-human pubes.

Hand Solo

Quote from: touchingcloth on July 11, 2020, 11:25:12 PM
An animal which has evolved to exclusively live in human pub(e)s.

studpuppet

Buettikofer's Epauletted Fruit Bat has a face like a dog.

Leon-C

Big fan of the maned wolf:

Have also seen one of these fluorescent lads knocking around on the beach near me - a 'sea mouse':

Also, whatever the fuck this is:

Cerys

Quote from: studpuppet on July 12, 2020, 12:32:08 AM

Looks a bit bovine, too.  Clearly this bat is actually Goofy's final form.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Leon-C on July 12, 2020, 01:28:04 AM

Have also seen one of these fluorescent lads knocking around on the beach near me - a 'sea mouse':

Aphrodita
QuoteThe name of the genus is taken from Aphrodite, the Ancient Greek goddess of love. This is because, when viewed ventrally, the animal resembles a human female's genitalia[citation needed].

touchingcloth

Quote from: studpuppet on July 12, 2020, 12:32:08 AM

I love dogs and I love bats, yet for some reason I just want to punch this prick's face off. Turns out you can have too much of a good thing.

BlodwynPig

Isn't that what Nagsworth found in that flat?

I've fed one of those apples. its face brushed my arm as it chowed down on the apple pieces in my hand and it was both ecstatic and terrifying. Like the warm, nourishing kiss of a demon.

Ja'moke

I came here to post the maned wolf, but I see that is already done, so I raise you, the okapi:

evilcommiedictator

Platypi. Fuck you, I'm a egg-laying mammal. Did I mention that I spend tons of time underwater? Yeah that's right, I find my food through electric disturbances in my bill. You know, like a duck, but a mammal. Except of course I'm most like an echidna. Except for the beaver tail of course.

Did I mention I'm venomous too?

Bazooka

Quote from: evilcommiedictator on July 12, 2020, 01:24:49 PM
Platypi. Fuck you, I'm a egg-laying mammal. Did I mention that I spend tons of time underwater? Yeah that's right, I find my food through electric disturbances in my bill. You know, like a duck, but a mammal. Except of course I'm most like an echidna. Except for the beaver tail of course.

Did I mention I'm venomous too?

I never believed in a god, until I ate a platypus in a wholegrain pitta bread, and it dawned on me that no such thing as this could exist without a divine being having made it.

paruses

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 12, 2020, 12:02:13 PM
Isn't that what Nagsworth found in that flat?

I've fed one of those apples. its face brushed my arm as it chowed down on the apple pieces in my hand and it was both ecstatic and terrifying. Like the warm, nourishing kiss of a demon.

Amazing. How big are they (bats not demons)?

Tony Tony Tony

You can put lipstick on a fish, but it is still a fish

thenoise

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 12, 2020, 10:45:12 AM
Aphrodita

Tbf Greek ones are pretty hairy [citation needed]

idunnosomename

Quote from: Tony Tony Tony on July 12, 2020, 09:50:58 PM
You can put lipstick on a fish, but it is still a fish

hey baby. come here often?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

The surinam toad gives births through holes in its back

Anyone who has a fear of spongey holes or has any common sense whatsoever look away now

studpuppet

Gerenuk (antelope from E Africa).

Absorb the anus burn

The piano playing Gerenuk?

Poobum

Naked mole rat. Lives underground in colonies. Colonies have a eusocial structure with a single fertile queen that is bigger than other rats. When queen dies, a dormant female will be activated, becoming fertile and growing in size. Most will live their lives as infertile female worker drones, digging burrows. Live 25 years, are immune to cancer, and as you can see, incredibly sexy, like a toothy penis!

Pseudopath

Quote from: idunnosomename on July 12, 2020, 12:56:40 PM
Hubba hubba!

You've reminded me of another CaB favourite. Woof!

flotemysost

Golden mole, no eyes. (How do they look? Terrib ahhh quite cute actually.)

Quote from: studpuppet on July 12, 2020, 10:58:01 PM
Gerenuk (antelope from E Africa).

I remember seeing these cited in some stupid Mandela Effect YouTube video about 'fake animals', admittedly they're a bit odd looking but anyone with a childhood spent watching Natural World could tell you the video was bollocks.

Absolutely FUCK the Surinam toad, not even gonna quote that GIF, hope when the planet burns they all die first.

bgmnts

Suriname toads are FUCKING ace.

Siamang gibbon is weird as fuck as well with its frog chin.

Plus it has a natural centre parting.

idunnosomename

Quote from: Pseudopath on July 12, 2020, 11:16:15 PM
You've reminded me of another CaB favourite. Woof!

i remember when bosses could buy their secretary birds a drink without being cancelled!