Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 09:42:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Loneliness, dating and being happy by yourself

Started by spaghetamine, July 13, 2020, 03:09:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emma Raducanu

Quote from: Ornlu on July 19, 2020, 11:17:19 PM
how can I learn to be happy on my own?

I'd recommend sticking someting in your oven on a really low temperature, then going for a really long walk. Like a good 9 hour one, including lots of hills. Get out there, enjoy the fresh air, use the ordnance survey map app if it helps with directions. Then, after 8 hours, you'll be really looking forward to your dinner. Everything will feel illuminated.

And what's more, unlike hoping girls will respond, there'll be no such disappointment. That dinner is there waiting for you. It's yours. Just do this every day.

bgmnts

Quote from: DolphinFace on July 19, 2020, 11:32:45 PM
And what's more, unlike hoping girls will respond, there'll be no such disappointment. That dinner is there waiting for you. It's yours. Just do this every day.

Surely nothing is more disappointed than an overcooked dauphinoise potato?

tao of wub

Quote from: bgmnts on July 20, 2020, 01:56:52 AM
Surely nothing is more disappointed than an overcooked dauphinoise potato?

What about an overcooked dauphinoise potato that doesn't want to fuck you?

Ornlu

Quote from: shagatha crustie on July 19, 2020, 11:23:30 PM
I would recommend getting things to date/meeting/drink stage before the conversations dry up. Move things along faster with each reply.

I know this is difficult as it's tempting to skirt around it and try and find out what someone's about, plus there's the safety/comfort zone of getting virtual attention without having to go through the potential awkwardness. But you're better off actually finding out if you get on in person. If it fails it fails, but at least you followed through.

E: Tbh the thing you said about getting the buzz and fuck-all else is the thing that can make dating apps feel really depressing and not particularly useful; it's so easy to become complacent with them and just use them as a kind of gamified mini dopamine hitter rather than pursuing the actual end goal of meeting people. I too have been guilty of this, not judging you.

Thanks Shags. It's only really lockdown that's prevented this happening sooner, tbf. Anyone trying to date in this world over the last several months is an absolute pioneer, no question.

Marner and Me

Got to get out there and meet people, make them laugh, fun dates and the like. All about selling your good qualities.

shagatha crustie

Quote from: Ornlu on July 20, 2020, 12:53:37 PM
Thanks Shags. It's only really lockdown that's prevented this happening sooner, tbf. Anyone trying to date in this world over the last several months is an absolute pioneer, no question.

If it's any consolation I was chatting to someone all throughout lockdown - April to June - and went on a date when it felt safe/convenient. Instantly knew it wasn't going to work - had spent far too long building it up virtually which created a weird disparity in person. It's better to just take the earliest possible opportunity and get out there - grooving - doing it - you know?

Marner and Me

Quote from: shagatha crustie on July 20, 2020, 01:28:34 PM
If it's any consolation I was chatting to someone all throughout lockdown - April to June - and went on a date when it felt safe/convenient. Instantly knew it wasn't going to work - had spent far too long building it up virtually which created a weird disparity in person. It's better to just take the earliest possible opportunity and get out there - grooving - doing it - you know?
Really doing it *Rik Mayall Bottom.gif*

Ray Travez

Quote from: spaghetamine on July 18, 2020, 11:37:46 AM
Oi Travez, sick avatar mate, that video's a lot of fun

Cheers man, yeah sometimes it hits me like a shot of pure joy. Need to watch Dig! again at some point too.

(for the uninitiated-The Brian Jonestown Massacre- Going to Hell)