Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 02:04:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Norn Iron's answer to Dominic Cummings / Covid in NI

Started by Barry Admin, July 13, 2020, 04:27:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry Admin

https://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/politics/sam-mcbride-sinn-fein-now-sacrificing-public-health-advice-altar-self-protection-2910643

Dunno if you've been following this at all, but basically a high-ranking Republican passed away recently, and his funeral was a covid nightmare. Michelle O'Neill turned up and was photographed flouting social distancing and such.

She's gone the Cummings route, and adamantly refused to apologise.

In general here, noone gives a shit; haven't done so for months now. I see maybe one other person wearing a mask when I'm out. I went for a pub lunch the other day - first day this place was back open - and the guy serving had his mask under his nose and flapping loosely round his lips.

It was the eleventh night/bonfire night[NB]Which means hundreds and hundreds of people jammed into small estates, getting pissed and wobbling around with their carryouts. Getting through the crowd is akin to making your way to the stage at a festival. I stayed home.[/NB] a couple of nights ago, and people are still celebrating. The estate is bunged with people, most congregating in the square with no distancing. I had to weave my way around them.

I kind of think that masks will be compulsory here within two months. My Mum mentioned the other day that there had been no deaths for a whole week - haven't checked yet to see if that has continued - but I just can't believe our "luck" is going to continue for much longer.

Barry Admin

There's another pipe band going round now as I put the bin out. Tempted to go and see if they're socially distancing.

Edit: nah, not really. Tight groups of kids and teenagers following them too.

It'll always be home to me, but fucking hell I'm really glad I don't have to deal with this shit every year any more. I used to live on the Lisburn Road and every twelfth was like The Purge.

Barry Admin

QuoteI kind of think that masks will be compulsory here within two months.

Masks now to be made compulsory.
In another months time!?!

Edit:

Quote from: Belfast Tele
Swimming pools, spas, bowling alleys and community centres in Northern Ireland are among the venues that will be allowed reopen from Friday in further moves agreed by ministers to ease lockdown.

The number of people permitted to gather in a private home will also rise to 10, with the group allowed to consist of four different households.

It comes as the Stormont Executive agreed it will give the Health Minister Robin Swann legal powers to make wearing face masks mandatory from August 1 - in a move which will be enforced if needed from August 20.

Spectators will also be allowed to attend outdoor sporting venues "where the operator can control access and ensure adherence to social distancing".

The Stormont Executive also announced on Thursday that saunas and steam rooms will be among the spa facilities permitted to reopen - while funfairs, whether outdoor or indoor, can also resume.