Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,184
  • Total Topics: 106,348
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:39:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Superliminal

Started by Blue Jam, July 13, 2020, 07:24:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Jam

Well, this is a delightful little mindfuck:

https://youtu.be/_SX8XMwMw6Y

Kryton

That looks incredible.

Blue Jam

It's obviously influenced by Portal but the central "perception is reality" mechanic which let's you change the size of things, find a way out just by looking at something at the correct angle etc feels pretty unique. The closest thing I've seen to the setting is the ashtray maze section in Control or maybe the MC Escher house in Dishonored 2 but the gameplay is nothing like those games either.

It's disorientating too, like being in Alice Through The Looking Glass. It looks and sounds pretty and is somehow both soothing and nightmarish at the same time.

The humour is definitely along the same lines as Portal, with a bit of The Stanley Parable thrown in.

I'm not far into it yet but I don't feel like rushing it, I want to take my time and get absorbed in this. For a short indie puzzler it isn't cheap but I'm happy to support developers when they're this imaginative.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

"Hey, you. Join the navy!"

Cold Meat Platter

Looks great. Absolute nightmare for Dougal though.

Blue Jam

Just finished. That was an absolute joy to play through and I was grinning ear to ear at the ending. What a fantastic little gem of a game.

Dewt

This is one of those games like Miegakure that had preview videos out about eight years ago where the game looked complete and then just didn't realise for the best part of a decade

brat-sampson

Reminds me also of Maquette, which looks similar but set inside a giant recursive playground inside a giant recursive playground inside a giant...