Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 04:55:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Crash Team Racing Nitro Fuelled

Started by Beagle 2, July 14, 2020, 08:07:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beagle 2

Blimey, it's only for the brave isn't it?

I bought this for something gentle and colourful to play with my son, you know, an experience that feels ultimately futile, like Mario Kart 8. What I'm actually doing is getting a sore thumb and screaming "GET THE FUCK IN FUCKING BASTARD" followed by deep sobs when I clear a track. It's hard innit? Absolutely no margin of error.

Definitely the best kart game I've played since... well maybe since the original Mario Kart. I'm probably getting overexcited after just a few days. But it's really not what I was expecting, surely the best racing game on Switch.

Anyway there's my one thread of the year about a game that's been out ages, I hope you enjoyed it.

Dewt

Wouldn't you agree
Crash Team, you and me
got a groovy kind of love.

Bazooka

You will like this then, the games devs reacting to a player fucking up the game on a speedrun: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=r802uRDh6jo

Thursday

Beagle 2

Quote from: Bazooka on July 14, 2020, 10:24:10 AM
You will like this then, the games devs reacting to a player fucking up the game on a speedrun: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=r802uRDh6jo

Cheers! I'm not even bothering with the short cuts for now unless they're really obvious. Tried a couple I've looked up on YouTube and yeah it hasn't gone well.

Yes, I did find madhair's previous posts about this and his correct opinions about Mario Kart.

madhair60

Best kart racer ever. Not even close. People who still play Mario Kart have stockholm syndrome.

madhair60

"do you want to play a racing game"

"does skilled driving have any bearing on the outcome of the race?"

"no!"

"great! I love that."

(Mario Kart goes on)

Beagle 2

Yeah I think in terms of the bullshit it does even itself out as well, if you get poleaxed you know you'll get punted up the field. If you get cunted you'll get punted, as Peter Ustinov used to say.

If I had a criticism it's that it's not really a race as such, the other karts are just obstacles and the only thing that really matters is not making a single error. I did try and play online but no dice, seems to be dead already on Switch. I'd be interested to play it against somebody else but they'd have to be experienced. It's not one to break out at Christmas. But apparently Wii Mario Kart was, and it was toss.

buntyman

It's half price on the eshop at the moment. Think I'll get it if it's as good as you say.