Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 10:26:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Who the fuck is KAREN?

Started by Replies From View, July 14, 2020, 04:42:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrGreggles

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on December 29, 2020, 11:56:07 AM
Did you read anything else that I wrote?

Yep, you seem to be supporting the accused and criticising the accuser.
Each to their own, I suppose. I'm just one of those people who thinks racism is bad and, if anyone deserves to be tarnished by this, it shouldn't be the bloke on the receiving end.
But you're probably right, because there's no evidence. Clearly he should have known in advance that she was about to be racist so he could film that too, rather than just the aftermath.

Captain Crunch

Quote from: icehaven on August 03, 2020, 06:54:21 PM
I read about 10 of those posts and that's the longest I've ever spent on Twitter, and Jesus how does anyone go on there for any longer and not hammer themselves to death?

Yes. Fucking poison. 

DrGreggles

Anyway, I'd associate all this 'Karen' behaviour with the name 'Carol' instead, as 100%* of the ones I know fit this stereotype.

*2 people

Gurke and Hare

A black man, claiming repeatedly to be a victim of racist abuse? In the United States of America? That's unpossible!

Zetetic

If the only claim being made was "he has claimed on several occasions that he's been subject to racist abuse" then, yes, that would be a poor basis for doubting his claims about this particular incident.

However, that isn't the only claim being made.

Junket Pumper

Quote from: DrGreggles on December 29, 2020, 12:16:05 PM
Each to their own, I suppose. I'm just one of those people who thinks racism is bad and, if anyone deserves to be tarnished by this, it shouldn't be the bloke on the receiving end.
But you're probably right, because there's no evidence. Clearly he should have known in advance that she was about to be racist so he could film that too, rather than just the aftermath.

The reason I don't believe it is because he only mentions it a couple of minutes into confronting her. When he rolls up at her house he starts talking about the road rage, then, when she starts melting down and attracting attention he says to people confronting him that she called him that. Seems like he was in a pickle and thought that simple road rage wouldn't be enough to justify provoking a mental breakdown like that. Also, he's admitted making false allegations (35 minutes in) of racism in the past to "lay traps for racists".

JaDanketies

I'm just one of those people who believes women who say they are the victims of abuse, rather than one of those who sides with abusive men that follow women home.

Hey these shitty little rhetorical tricks are pretty shitty, aren't they?

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: DrGreggles on December 29, 2020, 11:18:38 AM
Wasn't it because she flipped him off AND called him the 'n' word?
Not sure why he's in the wrong in this instance if he's calling her out for being racist.

There doesn't need to be a winner here.  His behaviour was disproportionate.  IF she called him the N-word then they're both assholes.

EDIT: Looking at the longer version a few posts later... and she didn't call him the n-word.  So she flips him off and for that he follows her home and harasses her.  The guys a dick.  She flipped you off,  Boo hoo, grow a pair.

JaDanketies

Surely there is a step too far when it comes to punishing someone for being racist, anyway. For instance, if someone calls you the n-word, then perhaps a punch in the jaw is an acceptable retaliation. Break their jaw? So be it. Stamp on their head afterwards? Yeah perhaps you've gone too far.

If your video exposing the racist woman who is married to a black man and who cut you off in traffic starts with you pulling into her driveway after following her home, with her shrieking in terror, perhaps you might've gone a step too far. And I don't think that the woman was overreacting considering that a strange man had literally followed her home so they can have a face-to-face confrontation. If you wouldn't be in serious fear for your personal safety at that point, then you're more foolish than me, and I'm a man and she's a woman.

Junket Pumper

Quote from: Junket Pumper on December 29, 2020, 02:06:33 PM
The reason I don't believe it is because he only mentions it a couple of minutes into confronting her. When he rolls up at her house he starts talking about the road rage, then, when she starts melting down and attracting attention he says to people confronting him that she called him that. Seems like he was in a pickle and thought that simple road rage wouldn't be enough to justify provoking a mental breakdown like that. Also, he's admitted making false allegations (35 minutes in) of racism in the past to "lay traps for racists".

Also, his description of the incident was that she break checked him and he followed her home. How can someone call you any name if they're in a car in front of you? I believe she flipped him off, it's easy to see a raised hand in a car but I don't know how he would have heard her say that, or saw her mouth it under those circumstances. Finally I just read the guys twitter handle "wypipo_h8" (white people hate)

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: JaDanketies on December 29, 2020, 11:37:06 AM
I saw people on Reddit of all places - yesterday - saying that the word Karen has now been devalued, no longer has teeth, and is just a
misogynistic slur. So there ya go. I think the slang term will be dead within 24 months.

On the subject of the hysterical woman in the bump video and whether or not she said the n word and therefore deserves to get followed home by a man and have her license plate and address put on the internet, did you see the girl who said "I can drive n*gger" in a three-second video when she was 15, only to have a stranger release the video three years later because she expressed support for BLM, resulting in her going viral, getting chucked out of college, and having her name forever tarnished? Serves her right, Karen

Jesus.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Oh, so you read the part where I said he put himself in danger? Or do you routinely follow women home because they cut you off in traffic?

QuoteEach to their own, I suppose. I'm just one of those people who thinks racism is bad
mmm yeah doc fist yourself harder

right to completion

Menu

Sonny_Jim

Paul Calf

canadagoose

Turns out I was wrong, oh well. Seems he's a bit of a shit. I think I was confusing the video with the one in the park with the dog. Guess I shouldn't jump to conclusions.

Junket Pumper

Quote from: JaDanketies on December 29, 2020, 11:37:06 AM
I saw people on Reddit of all places - yesterday - saying that the word Karen has now been devalued, no longer has teeth, and is just a
misogynistic slur. So there ya go. I think the slang term will be dead within 24 months.

On the subject of the hysterical woman in the bump video and whether or not she said the n word and therefore deserves to get followed home by a man and have her license plate and address put on the internet, did you see the girl who said "I can drive n*gger" in a three-second video when she was 15, only to have a stranger release the video three years later because she expressed support for BLM, resulting in her going viral, getting chucked out of college, and having her name forever tarnished? Serves her right, Karen

Yeah I'm not sure how I feel about that. If she'd been shouting the N-word at a black classmate I'd fully understand why she was kicked out of university because black students shouldn't have to put up with sharing their college experience with people who may racially abuse them. However, the video I saw didn't seem maliciously racist,  she just seemed to be a dumb kid saying a transgressive word without fully understanding its meaning. Overall the kid who sat on the video and chose to release it years later was the biggest Karen in the story.

El Unicornio, mang

Yeah, you could cancel pretty much anyone by going back and referencing some stupid shit they said/did when they were a kid. It's really off, particularly in America where you're not even deemed responsible enough to drink alcohol until you're 21.