Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:51:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Google Pixel Buds

Started by Puce Moment, July 15, 2020, 04:33:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puce Moment

Is the right place to post about headphones?

I am awaiting the new Pixel Buds which I have managed to get for a lowish price (a friend does reviews) to arrive this week. The last lot were badly reviewed, but the functionality of these looks right up my street. Since my Ipod classic died, I have really struggled out and about with a swipe screen on my phone which I despise. This looks much better, with a good interface and excellent sound quality (although reviews have also noted a lack of sound cancellation).

Anyone else going for this? I can't imagine wanting to pay full whack for these, given that there are some reasonably priced competitors, but they do look fucking nice. My first foray into wiressless and I'm mainly worried about my patchy bluetooth.

Sebastian Cobb

Given how amazing "chifi" iems sound with bluetooth modules, no.

The babelfish feature does seem pretty cool though.

Puce Moment

Well, they are being delivered by Hermes so naturally I might not get them for some days. I already 'missed' them today despite decorating and listening for the front door.

I will see how they shape up. I only use Sennheiser buds normally, so this will be quite the change.

My main issue is worrying about losing one of them. It's going to happen.

Sebastian Cobb

One of my buds fell out my pocket cycling to work and I was mortified. Thankfully it must've fell out as I dismounted my bike as it had been rescued and carefully placed on a metal beam in the work's bike shelter. Result.

Puce Moment

An unrequested update - I love them. Having been in hospital for the last week, I couldn't have done without them. The quality is great, and the ability to pause/unpause, skip tracks and change volume all from the earbud itself is fucking wonderful.

thugler

Got some true wireless 'chifi' buds delivered the other day (after a few weeks) from hong kong. Absolutely blinding for £13 delivered.

Mainly for use when running and such.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: thugler on August 05, 2020, 11:36:27 AM
Got some true wireless 'chifi' buds delivered the other day (after a few weeks) from hong kong. Absolutely blinding for £13 delivered.

They're amazing aren't they? The TRN bluetooth modules that make them look like hearing aids are good if you want to do away with the wires.

Hand Solo

Quote from: thugler on August 05, 2020, 11:36:27 AM

Which model in particular? I got these ages back and they've been fine, I mainly got them because they double up as a powerbrick for my phone or USB gadgets.

Sebastian Cobb

CCA C12's are what I have.

They were almost half the price on Aliexpress compared to Amazon when I got them.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000115568170.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.4f82144a9jPLer&algo_pvid=aa3bcead-f1b1-4c36-8dea-e23adfe5f96a&algo_expid=aa3bcead-f1b1-4c36-8dea-e23adfe5f96a-0&btsid=0b0a187915966446729656021e7806&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

I tried to make some custom moulds for them by getting some custom moulding ear defender putty then stuffing them (with the ends covered) into the putty before it set. Getting them in the right location wasn't easy but it did work well. One of them fell out my pocket and I lost it though.

thugler

Quote from: Hand Solo on August 05, 2020, 04:09:54 PM
Which model in particular? I got these ages back and they've been fine, I mainly got them because they double up as a powerbrick for my phone or USB gadgets.

Ah i can't remember q something? Edit: haylou gt1pro but there are a million versions which are all mostly the same. Worth looking around to check the specs (bluetooth codecs/battery life etc). Aliexpress is good but delivery takes a couple of weeks.

The last pair i had before this were dodgy chinese wired bluetooth ones, lasted 5 years plus (they still work) with no issues and getting covered in sweat every week.

kalowski

I can't imagine these things staying in my cavernous ears for long.

Tony Tony Tony

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Tony Tony Tony on August 25, 2020, 11:17:15 AM
Grauniad raving about the new Samsung buds

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2020/aug/25/samsung-galaxy-buds-live-review-novel-bean-shaped-airpod-rivals-sound-battery

But who has kidney bean shaped lugholes?

One more and I'd think it was the bum cleaning sea-shells from Demolition Man.