Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 09:43:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Clare Short OBE

Started by Pinball, February 26, 2004, 07:28:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill hicks

Quote from: "Brigadier Pompous"
Quote from: "smoker"
i think he just resents being treated as a potential terrorist / illegal immigrant / lib dem mp every time he wants to go somewhere, which is fair enough to me. who likes to be constantly suspected when they've never done anything to warrant it?

You might not like it, but article 13 (or at least the bit that was quoted) says nothing about inconvenient border checks on entering or leaving your country.

Article 13 doesn't say that Brigadier, but the Shengen agreement (of which Belgium is a signatory) does. However because Britain is a deeply paranoid state when it comes to immigration we, as far as I know, haven't signed meaning the UK government is denying us the rights that other EU citizens have to enter countries we are supposed to be united with freely and without constant checks.

Ambient Sheep

Article by Mark Lawson in today's Guardian here in which he reckons that Clare did indeed spill her secret in order to cover up the sheer embarrassment of her TV appearance.  And basically slagging her off in general.