Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 07:02:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Big Brother 6

Started by splattermac, May 19, 2005, 06:47:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who do you want to win?

Anthony
13 (22%)
Eugene
26 (44.1%)
Kinga
20 (33.9%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Voting closed: August 12, 2005, 08:44:14 PM

splattermac

just getting my towel down first.

According to Digital Spy photos of '21 contestants' have been released on the net, has anyone seen them? *

http://bigbrother.digitalspy.co.uk/index.php

QuoteChannel 4 has confirmed some details about the sixth series of Big Brother but is keeping many of the precise elements under wraps. DS:BB presents a full roundup.

Housemates
- No confirmed number of housemates from Channel 4 today
- Executive Producer Sharon Powers: "There is no 'identikit' housemate that we set out to find. When someone has that something extra, whatever that might be, they genuinely stand out from the thousands of applicants. The audition process comprises of many stages over a few months, which allows us to get to know potential housemates as much as we possibly can. Ultimately we try to choose people who have what it takes to entertain the public all summer."

The House
- The BB house has been "completely redesigned," and has been created by house designer Patrick Watson "to look aspirational"
- C4 promises house will be "difficult place to live in, especially as it is as small as last year's house"
- Executive Producer Sharon Powers: "The house has been totally redesigned, but it's still as small as BB5 even though the feel of it will be completely different. We want it to look aspirational and sumptuous to the viewers, but for the housemates it will soon prove to be uncomfortable and claustrophobic."
- Commissioning Editor Angela Jain: "To viewers the house will look like the kind of place you'd love to live in, but to the housemates the things they initially liked about it will become the things they find the most oppressive. The house will feel very different to any previous house and more than ever this year there really is nowhere to hide."

TV Schedule - Channel 4
- Live Big Brother's Little Brother to air weekdays in a 30 minute "teatime" slot, and on Sunday lunchtimes for one hour during the T4 programming block
- Special 60 minute Sunday night show offering psychological analysis of goings-on in the house
- As usual, highlights shows to air Monday through Thursday with two live eviction shows on Friday nights

TV Schedule - E4
- Big Brother' Big Mouth, previously known as EFourum, to air Monday, Wednesday, Friday
- As usual, Nominations Uncut to air every Tuesday
- Diary Room Uncut to air every Thursday
- Big Brother's Little Brother to re-air nightly on E4

Voting
- 35p to vote by phone in UK; 40c in Republic of Ireland
- 35p+cost of text message to vote by SMS
- 35p to vote via interactive TV

Live Streaming
- 24/7 live streaming on Sky to be full-screen stream, same as BB5 format, to be accessed by pressing red button
- Big Brother Live coverage on E4 to provide live streaming on Telewest, NTL, Freeview but there will not be a separate 24/7 live stream on these platforms

Internet Streaming
- Series pass to cost £14.99 with one live video stream
- 24-hour pass to cost £1.99
- "Unmissable Moments" to cost 99p each

Stay with DS:BB for continuing coverage.

So there you go, I can't wait. So much so I've ordered Sky+ so I can enjoy every tortuous second frame by frame if I so desire.

I'm intrigued by the house. I'm thinking an open plan split level building, sleeping on one level overlooking the other. Almost constant visibility, mmm kitchen smells in the bedding, classy. Drunks falling off balconies and other stumbling hilarity.

Let me tell you about this amusing but unworkable idea I had about a Big Whore game.

Take twelve attention whores, god knows where you'll find them. Give them all a.vatars so the board know who they are.

Create a Big Whore mod and assign a few regs to man it. Come nomination day Big Whore gets pm's off the contestants and then later off the board as a whole when it comes to voting.

Genius huh?

*found them in Harfyyn's thread
http://www.theblueroom.me.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6158&PN=1

Adrian Brezhnev

predict the length of this thread.

in metres.

Harfyyn Teuport

I've just realised I have carte blanche to deride them all this time, as I have no prior experience of their being good people.

Hurrah for blanket contempt!

Timmay

I can't wait, as per usual.

cilamc

Mention of Big Brother leads to venom being spouted by me, which leads to an inability to type correctly, which leads to potentially infinite tweaks to my posts. I'll put this down as another one of those "threads I don't post in" from now on probably.

Rubbish Monkey

Wasn't there going to be like 11 fake contesants who get voted out or something?

edit> googled it. Smells fishy.

chav

Quote from: "splattermac"Create a Big Whore mod and assign a few regs to man it. Come nomination day Big Whore gets pm's off the contestants and then later off the board as a whole when it comes to voting.
They did this a couple of years ago on Digital Spy. Though they called it "The Project". It was one of the most boring things ever conceived. They even had set times where they had to get together and discuss burning issues, to give the punters some idea of what personalities they had. About four people voted.

I dunno about BB this year... every other series I've been biting my nails in anticipation butn this time, I dunno.. after last year's debacle they're going to have to do a lot to get the format back on form. Expect huge amounts of "witty" Big Brother - snide remarks in the diary room and silly setups.

splattermac

call 0898 993300 to vote 'I was taking the piss'

or text FUCK OFF YOU WERE SERIOUS to 887909

either way I make 10p

greencalx

BB's one of those things that seems to come round faster than it really does.  Like credit card statements.

A Passing Turk Slipper

It really does only seem like last month that the last one was on doesn't it. It's weird how certain things are like that.

gazzyk1ns

well it was only Jan/Feb that the last one WAS on! (The celeb one).

Emergency Lalla Ward Ten

How does a house look aspirational?

splattermac

Have you never wanted to marry a lighthouse keeper and live by the edge of the sea?

Mr Colossal

was 'chins' the deciding factor or something?  I seem to be watching less and less telly these days, so something tells me this series will fly  by largely  unnoticed by me.

Hypnotoad.

Every night, I pray for the death of "reality" TV

sproggy

Quote from: "splattermac"lighthouse stuff

They're all run by robots these days, so I'm not interested, unless they make them female with real hair and a handy built-in lubricant dispenser.

I already live by the sea, so you need to impress me more.

Big Jack McBastard

Why oh why is it taken as a given that there will be a new series of Big Brother every year? Why? I remember a time when this didn't exist, weren't we happier then?

Well it looks like another few months of desperately avoiding the television is on the cards, unless of course the place is filled with tasty girlies and not ladyboys, prancing girly men and self obsessed shitheels who are looking to make a hideous pop 'career' for themselves.

I pray the ratings/interest becomes so low that they pull it before the series gets finished, then, finally maybe we'll have seen the end of it once and for all.

sproggy

Quote from: "Big Jack McBastard"...finally maybe we'll have seen the end of it once and for all.

Maybe the secret location could be leaked to Al Queda as a nest of festering western filth.

Rev

Quote from: "Big Jack McBastard"Why oh why is it taken as a given that there will be a new series of Big Brother every year? Why? I remember a time when this didn't exist, weren't we happier then?

Other channels are available.

I tend to watch the first couple of proper shows, give it a miss for a few weeks, then rejoin it again once it's in full swing.  I'm a 'light user' of Big Brother, in other words, and I've enjoyed dipping into every series so far.  The thing is a big nothing on paper, but it somehow works.

Of course, much of the bleating from the anti-BB/anti-Reality TV people (whatever reality TV means, I've heard programmes such as the Mole and the Antiques Roadshow lumped into the category) comes from the knowledge that people will be banging on about something they have no interest in for months to come.  To which I say:  there's a new Star Wars flick out.  Welcome to my world.

Smackhead Kangaroo

Quote from: "A Passing Turk Slipper"It really does only seem like last month that the last one was on doesn't it. It's weird how certain things are like that.

It's because the contestants hang around for so long afterwards

Mister Cairo

Quote from: "Rev"
Quote from: "Big Jack McBastard"Why oh why is it taken as a given that there will be a new series of Big Brother every year? Why? I remember a time when this didn't exist, weren't we happier then?

Other channels are available.

True, but a lot of decent programming on Ch4 is shoved aside while this drossfest is shown. And the other channels aren`t safe from reality shite either

[/quote]Of course, much of the bleating from the anti-BB/anti-Reality TV people (whatever reality TV means, I've heard programmes such as the Mole and the Antiques Roadshow lumped into the category) comes from the knowledge that people will be banging on about something they have no interest in for months to come.

Yes, but you could cite lack of intrest as an excuse to dislike any hobby

Catalogue Trousers

Even the theme tune is shite.

Jemble Fred

The Bazalgette has batted away criticism at every turn for the last five years, but I don't think I'm being too idealistic when I say that there's a very real possibility that this could be the last BB, at least for a while. There's something about the way the media has started to attack reality TV at the drop of a hat that suggests the illuminati or whoever are preparing the public for the end of the popularity of the genre.

One thing seems obvious, to me: they can't go on doing BB every single year. Suuuuuuurely?

chav

Quote from: "Mister Cairo"
True, but a lot of decent programming on Ch4 is shoved aside while this drossfest is shown.
Apparently not, I've heard that these days there's fuck all on C4. And there isn't. Apart from the Explosive 80s series (not bad) and "I'll Do Anything To Get On TV" (very good).

Derek Trucks

Quote from: "Jemble Fred"but I don't think I'm being too idealistic when I say that there's a very real possibility that this could be the last BB, at least for a while.

Sorry Fred, but I think a 3 year contract was just signed.
I think C4 & Endemol's feeling is quite simply "fuck the critics, we still get a shitload of viewers and money and we'll keep going".  Even when ratings are not at their highest, they're relatively still very big for C4 and unfortunately there are no signs to suggest this changing.

greencalx

Apparently BB4, universally derided for being dull, picked up higher phone voting revenues than any of the three previous "more exciting" series.  Dunno about BB5, but that certainly got the headlines back.  I have to say I'm not really that excited about it this year.

mattsta

I've olny 4 words to say

WHO GIVES A FUCK

mattsta

Shit! I can't spell olny

Rats

I'll be watching, if only to piss you lot off. I see they still haven't gotten rid of the crack whore and mr wobbly head. Why do they think they are the face of big brother, and that the show wouldn't work without them? Get fucking rid, that's what I say.