Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 04:02:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Big Brother 6

Started by splattermac, May 19, 2005, 06:47:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who do you want to win?

Anthony
13 (22%)
Eugene
26 (44.1%)
Kinga
20 (33.9%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Voting closed: August 12, 2005, 08:44:14 PM

mattsta

Watched 'The thick of it' last night

Quality TV like this ends up on BBC4 just so a bunch of vacuous, talentless dickheads can have their ego trip for a whole month on Channel4. Tragic

Rats

The clues in the name BBC4

rjd2

Quote from: "mattsta"Watched 'The thick of it' last night

a bunch of vacuous, talentless dickheads can have their ego trip for a whole month on Channel4. Tragic

Longer than a month 99.99% of the time.

ziggy starbucks

Quote from: "Emergency Lalla Ward Ten"How does a house look aspirational?

silver fittings

mattsta

There's always

CELEBRITY LOVE ISLAND!

AAAAARRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
(aorta bursteth)

Almost Yearly

Quote from: "sproglette"
Quote from: "Big Jack McBastard"...finally maybe we'll have seen the end of it once and for all.
Maybe the secret location could be leaked to Al Queda as a nest of festering western filth.
Nah, wrong way round. Endemol is clearly Al Queda's psychological warfare cell. Rot the mind of the Infidel.

End 'em all.

Rats

Did you get round to applying then baldy? I'd vote for you.

Almost Yearly

The voice of the masses there.

Rats

Look like the typing of me from here.

Rats

You don't say. I was going to put, "plural? I'm not that big!" but I'm making a stand :)

Big Jack McBastard

Quote from: "Rev"
Quote from: "Big Jack McBastard"Why oh why is it taken as a given that there will be a new series of Big Brother every year? Why? I remember a time when this didn't exist, weren't we happier then?

Other channels are available.

Not in this house sadly.

Rats

He means you can shove it up your arse then

terminallyrelaxed

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/tv_and_radio/4576543.stm

QuoteA transparent house will greet contestants on the sixth series of hit reality show Big Brother.

Channel 4 hopes the house will feel more "claustrophobic" than previous years because contestants will have nowhere to hide from each other.

It features transparent walls, outside showers and a transparent dining table.

The sixth series, which starts on Friday, will have 13 contestants - with producers promising a tough time for the "unlucky" 13th person.

Executive producer Sharon Powers said the designer was asked to create a house that feels sumptuous to viewers but uncomfortable to those living there.

She said: "The house will feel more claustrophobic than it was last year because all the internal walls are totally transparent.

"From the dining table area you can see into the bedroom, and from the garden you can see the living room.

"This time, more than any previous year, there is nowhere to hide."

Only producers will be able to control the heat of the outside pool and raise or lower the blinds separating the bedroom from the dining area.

The house also features a gold-coloured exit door, a vivid blue and cream carpet in the dining area, blue and pink walls and black and yellow kitchen cupboards.

Housemates will be able to see the bedroom from the dining area
Ms Powers said the real evil streak would be reserved for the 13th contestant.

"One of the big things that will be interesting this year is that there are going to be 13 housemates," she said.

"And boy you don't want to be that 13th housemate. They are going to have the unluckiest time of their lives."

Meanwhile, a rival broadcaster is launching a "public spirited" attack on reality TV by offering £70,000 to Big Brother contestants if they refuse to speak during the 11-week series.

Satellite network UKTV said its prize was an attempt to "diminish the amount of mindless drivel generated by the deluge of reality TV shows".

Someone's going to have a consitently shit time just because of the order they went in? With that girl from the Colony show committing suicide shortly after, I'd say they want to be a bit more careful.

Mean-spiritedness and bullying as entertainment - TV for the WKD generation is finally here.

Artemis

Quote from: "UKTV"our prize is an attempt to diminish the amount of mindless drivel generated by the deluge of reality TV shows.

On UKTV today...

2.00pm   Homes under the Hammer
2.30pm   Airport : 'Robot and Squirrel'  (UKTV people)
2.00pm   Flog It!  (UKTV Style)

Oooh, starting on on May 23rd was 'The Real Wife Swap' and if you missed out on any 'Airport' series, be sure to catch them all again, any hour of the fucking day, on UKTV People.

Suttonpubcrawl

Every year it gets worse and worse, they build in yet more pointless ways of annoying and humiliating the housemates. Does anyone here really think that forcing people to shower in full view of their housemates and removing all their possible ways of spending time alone, forcing strangers to share beds, removing their access to food and generally being horrible makes "great TV"? Or does it just make shit, annoying TV where you see people being tormented? Or is seeing people being tormented what passes for "great TV"? (Insert happyslapping comment here.)

Gazeuse

*whistle goes*

I'm a bit of a mad head, got big boobs, I'm friendly and outgoing and flirty and mental. I can be a right bitch sometimes if people annoy me and I can be a bit annoying myself. Erm...Dunno what else to say...uh...

*stands up and wiggles arse at camera*

Um...I've gone blank. I'm totally crazy and I'm always up for a laugh. If you choose me, I'll be the best thing ever on Big Brother...Um...Dont know what else...

*whistle goes*

Is that it??? I haven't finished yet...

Rats

I am literally mad. You put me in that house and I'll have a breakdown, great telly ....... (blank faces) ..... I can do gay

Mediocre Rich

Quote from: "Bald Gay Freak"Big Brother 5 bestowed labels in abundance from day one:

At this stage these individuals cease to be regarded as 3-dimensional beings by the producers and are directed into readily labelled, disposable commodities for public consumption. There is no doubt upon entry to the Big Brother house what is expected from each contestant and producers will have requested that participants, immediately prior to entry , don't let them down. A great emphasis is placed upon satisfying the Big Brother team in exchange for the opportunity provided. Essentially, participants will come to assume, and be edited to evoke, the roles to which they have been assigned and labelled by Big Brother.

From http://bigbrother.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds7613.html.

Obviously I realised thay picked them out for a role, but I didn't realise that they then train them for that role.  Creepy.

I used to have a Big Brother hang up. I hated the way I believed it was creating a culture of self obsessed fatuous wanabees. I find it fascinating though and always watch it.

TV is like politicians, we get the ones we deserve.

Artemis

I will be watching Big Brother.

It will occupy my time between lengthy sessions of self-love.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: "terminallyrelaxed"Someone's going to have a consitently shit time just because of the order they went in?
Yeah I agree that sounds crap.

Quote from: "terminallyrelaxed"With that girl from the Colony show committing suicide shortly after, I'd say they want to be a bit more careful.
However...I read that story in my parents' Daily Telegraph earlier in the week.  Although the headline and first two paragraphs were firmly skewed to give the impression it was the show's fault, reading the whole well-balanced story revealed that both the producers AND her family said that it was nothing to do with her suicide and that she'd really enjoyed doing the show.

In fact it seems that she topped herself because she was having trouble coming to terms with being gay, poor girl - and no, she wasn't outed during the show.

From the sounds of it, I suspect the only way the show might have contributed was in the comedown she had from leaving somewhere that she had a good time away from everyday pressures and homophobic bullying at school.

TJ

I really, really hope the show keels over and dies during this run.

Timmay

It won't.

Oh, by the way people, I'm going on holiday from this afternoon for up to 11 weeks, so I won't be around here for a while. I doubt they'll have internet cafes where I'm going either, so best of luck to you all, and hope you enjoy the show.

You're not... getting an abortion, are you?

TJ

I'll keep a bottle of champagne on ice just in case. And break it open over Peter Bazalgette's face when the glorious day comes.

Still, be thankful for small mercies - at least we don't have Channel 4 twats shamelessly promoting it and insulting the intelligence of anyone who doesn't like it on here.

weirdbeard

For anyone with Freeview, this year E4 and E4+1 are on Freeview starting today, and there is the 24/7 live feed as well.

weirdbeard

Quote from: "Timmay"It won't.

All it would take to put the future of the show in serious doubt, would be if someone in the house got seriously injured by anything other than a total accident.  Self-harm, a fight, an accident that could have been prevented, anything.

yo man i told yall last year show gotta end dude

mothman

Going on holiday for "up to 11 weeks?" Rrright. . . Handy hint: don't drop the soap while showering.