Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 12:25:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

alt.guardian.die.die.die

Started by pancreas, July 15, 2020, 08:57:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JaDanketies

Hadley Freeman says anyone who fancies Rhea Seehorn is a misogynist.

king_tubby

stonkers

Quote from: king_tubby on January 14, 2021, 08:55:27 PM
Oh look, TERF wagons a-circling.

https://twitter.com/sarahditum/status/1349006195386937348

Glad to see she's getting heavily dunked on for that one. Sopranos spoilers -
Spoiler alert
That whole storyline revolves around the tragedy that Vito is happy as a gay man but he's trapped in a volently homophobic and toxically masculine world. It might have issues, maybe the gay club scene is a bit sterotypical. I don't know, I'm not a gay man. There's several episodes with Vito in a positive loving gay relationship and it's heartbreaking when he abandons it.
[close]

king_tubby

Well yeah, she clearly hasn't watched it. Too busy berating her cleaner for not hoovering her husband and kids.

Mister Six

Lots of people in the comments saying it's a pretty accurate depiction of leather clubs, too.

idunnosomename

can't we just put everyone who writes for the guardian on a big raft full of tea, televisions and typewriters since that's basically all they want and push it into the atlantic

Bazooka

It was The Sopranos representation of Puerto Rican whores that never sat well with me.

JaDanketies

I see the Sarah Ditum ratio reveals how poorly the rest of the world views British Twitter users

stonkers

I think I'm more favourable to Dunty than most people on here but this a sensible insane take https://twitter.com/IanDunt/status/1349654129124257793

Blue Jam

Quote from: Bazooka on January 14, 2021, 10:05:47 PM

I love the scene where Vito Jr. is asked something like "
Spoiler alert
You're the man of the house now
[close]
, don't you see why it's important to be masculine, a real man?" and he just looks nonplussed and answers "Nope."

I always assumed Vito Jr. was meant to be a Goth but apparently he was a Juggalo. That was disappointing.

chveik

Quote from: Blue Jam on January 14, 2021, 10:43:50 PM
I always assumed Vito Jr. was meant to be a Goth but apparently he was a Juggalo. That was disappointing.

fuck my (clown) hat

king_tubby

Quote from: stonkers on January 14, 2021, 10:29:40 PM
I think I'm more favourable to Dunty than most people on here but this a sensible insane take https://twitter.com/IanDunt/status/1349654129124257793

Dunt is a fucking grifting twat. Begone with your Dunt.

Blue Jam

Quotesensible insane clown posse

peanutbutter

Quote from: mr. logic on January 13, 2021, 06:10:09 PM
I'm sorry but Better Call Saul is boring
I'll say that I thought BCS seasons 1 and 2 were boring as fuck but it picked up a lot once it started getting rid of some of the more tedious shit that really stretched on and it's done a good job of building out stuff from the large amount of character groundwork they laid out in those tedious seasons.

Iirc season one has an ending they almost immediately backtrack on too?

idunnosomename

who the fuck is Sarah Ditum aside from a tedious TERF. i tried to work out who she was but all I could find is she went freelance in 2009 (bad timing perhaps). and is from Bath and bangs on about Bath relentlessly. undoubtedly posh but couldn't find a fucking thing

Ferris

I'll venture off topic and point out that Bath is probably the worst and most boring town I've ever been to, and anyone who reckons it's good is probably a few ants short of a picnic.

kittens

i, an unfortunate victim of circumstance, a leaf blown in the winds of change, work in bath now and must refute ferris's dumb post. bath is pretty and it is history. boring? there is a hot swimming pool on a roof! and a good bridge. boring? boring, he says. big bloody abbey thing and he says it's boring. there's shops! and romans stuff. truly, bath is actually quite nice and good for a day out. as always, please ignore ferris's pathetic pleas for attention.

Paul Calf

Quote from: NoSleep on January 14, 2021, 01:35:22 PM
Stating the truth?

Using the word 'objectively' when meaning the opposite.

phantom_power

Quote from: Paul Calf on January 15, 2021, 11:35:01 AM

I've told you a million times, don't use hyperbole

NoSleep

Quote from: Paul Calf on January 15, 2021, 11:35:01 AM

But it is impossible for BCS to be overrated.

Endicott

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on January 15, 2021, 01:34:53 AM
I'll venture off topic and point out that Bath is probably the worst and most boring town I've ever been to, and anyone who reckons it's good is probably a few ants short of a picnic.

Ferris

Quote from: kittens on January 15, 2021, 08:58:33 AM
i, an unfortunate victim of circumstance, a leaf blown in the winds of change, work in bath now and must refute ferris's dumb post. bath is pretty and it is history. boring? there is a hot swimming pool on a roof! and a good bridge. boring? boring, he says. big bloody abbey thing and he says it's boring. there's shops! and romans stuff. truly, bath is actually quite nice and good for a day out. as always, please ignore ferris's pathetic pleas for attention.

How many ants do you have for your picnic? I suspect there are NOT ENOUGH.

Blue Jam

Quote from: NoSleep on January 15, 2021, 12:55:06 PM
But it is impossible for BCS to be overrated.

This is true, and Paul Calf is objectively wrong.

MWAHAHAHAHHA

Shoulders?-Stomach!

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/jan/12/israel-largest-human-rights-group-apartheid

Surprised to see the Guardian spotlighting this. Has it been mentioned anywhere more prominently in the UK yet?

NoSleep

Shoulders?-Stomach!

BlodwynPig

Paul Calf

Comments below 'pre-moderated' and uniformly slavering gratefully all over his dick.

Fuck the Guardian.

idunnosomename

If he died no one would notice or care