Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 02:55:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Russia Report to be released

Started by Fambo Number Mive, July 16, 2020, 01:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

The report on alleged Russian government interference in UK politics will finally be released following another episode of the government acting like dicks and annoying their own MPs.

Former Tory MP Julian Lewis has had the whip removed for standing for chair of the chair of the Intelligence and Security Committee against Chris Grayling. Lewis won.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/jul/16/julian-lewis-attempt-to-impose-grayling-was-improper-request

QuoteLewis, the MP for New Forest East since 1997, has twice chaired the House of Commons' defence select committee. He was described by the former national security adviser Peter Ricketts as someone "with much wider experience of defence and security".

In Thursday's statement, Lewis said Johnson had no right to dictate who chairs the committee.

"The 2013 Justice and Security Act explicitly removed the right of the prime minister to choose the ISC chairman and gave it to committee members. I remember this well as I served on the committee from 2010 to 2015," he said.

"There is no other Conservative MP in the House of Commons with any past experience of working on the ISC."

Lewis's chairmanship has paved the way for the Russia report, which was sent to Downing Street in October, to finally be released.

I've never known a government so keen to remove the whip from its MPs for such petty reasons. Not a fan of Lewis, but would rather have him as ISC chair than Chris Grayling.

jobotic

Yeah, funny that now the report is about to be released we're hearing how Raab is wise to the Russkies' game.

It'll show there was interference - on behalf of Corbyn

Jittlebags

I don't know..  What would be the Russian's preference? Brexit or a Corbyn goverment? Maybe with Corbyn they would be hedging their bet in that they could still interfere in the confirmatory Brexit vote to come under a Labour government. I would imagine getting Brexit done would be Putin's primary goal.

Jittlebags

Although having said that, he would probably prefer hand fighting wolves bare chested in the high tundra, and finding ancient treasure whilst free-diving without any breathing aids. And possibly having a wank.

chveik

Quote from: Jittlebags on July 16, 2020, 10:38:36 PM
I don't know..  What would be the Russian's preference? Brexit or a Corbyn goverment? Maybe with Corbyn they would be hedging their bet in that they could still interfere in the confirmatory Brexit vote to come under a Labour government. I would imagine getting Brexit done would be Putin's primary goal.

it's a distraction. look at what happened in the US...

jobotic

Of course - Brexit, Cummings - all in Putin's interest. And all far-right.

I was joking - but look at Paulie and the media's pathetic attempts to pretend that Corbyn is his man.

BlodwynPig

Britain is the rogue state, dumbos

Johnny Yesno

Mentioned in another thread (sorry, can't remember which one now):

Quote from: The SKWAWKBOX @skwawkbox
Video: Tories receive millions from Russians and hide Russian interference report – so MSM doorsteps JEREMY CORBYN about a bona fide report Labour found online

skwawkbox.org
5:34 PM · Jul 16, 2020

https://mobile.twitter.com/skwawkbox/status/1283802177174208512 (no video, actually)

Also, mentioned in the other thread: the doorstepper is a Dimbleby.

jobotic

Putin is great, Cummings is great. You lost get over it. End of discussion.

Now get back to work in your covid mines.

What's the fucking point in anything now?

Mr_Simnock

BlodwynPig

Quote from: jobotic on July 21, 2020, 10:54:00 AM
Putin is great, Cummings is great. You lost get over it. End of discussion.

Now get back to work in your covid mines.

What's the fucking point in anything now?

is that the report?

BlodwynPig

ah, they got away with it. A slap on the wrist for not doing enough.

QuoteThe committee calls for a major overhaul of government structures to better defend British democracy

British Democracy = Imperialist Jingoism.

Hot taking into Totalitarianism.

Fuck Britain, scum from apex to nadir.

Inspector Norse

ISC: The government ignored and avoided any suggestion that Russia interfered in the Brexit referendum. There should be an immediate investigation into whether they did.

Brexiteers on Twitter: The report proves that Russia didn't interfere, shut up remoaners.

jobotic

Quote from: Inspector Norse on July 21, 2020, 11:41:24 AM
ISC: The government ignored and avoided any suggestion that Russia interfered in the Brexit referendum. There should be an immediate investigation into whether they did.

Brexiteers on Twitter: The report proves that Russia didn't interfere, shut up remoaners.

Dominic Raab: The report proves that Russia didn't interfere, shut up remoaners.

jobotic

Quote from: Mr_Simnock on July 21, 2020, 11:11:01 AM

I am, yes. Don't find unaccountable fascists in control that funny. What a silly old misery guts I am!

bgmnts

Quote from: jobotic on July 21, 2020, 11:45:38 AM
I am, yes. Don't find unaccountable fascists in control that funny. What a silly old misery guts I am!

I do not understand this outlook either.

As if you need to find the constant horribleness of everything going on in the world really funny or else you're a buzzkill depressing misery guts.

That's why we can't have nice things.

EOLAN

Cold Take: Is Mr Dimbleby going to doorstep Johnson, Cummings, Raab and co. and shout irrelevant questions at them.

Mr_Simnock

Quote from: bgmnts on July 21, 2020, 12:01:14 PM
I do not understand this outlook either.

As if you need to find the constant horribleness of everything going on in the world really funny or else you're a buzzkill depressing misery guts.

That's why we can't have nice things.

Well good job no one has stated that eh? I'm refering to the rather silly "What's the fucking point in anything now?" giving up attitude.

jobotic

My "now" didn't refer to the publication of the Russia Report.

Forgive me for feeling despair.

Sebastian Cobb

And the shittest take goes to...

jobotic

BlodwynPig

Quote from: jobotic on July 21, 2020, 12:40:55 PM
That's a pisstake account?

Doesn't matter - people cannot discern pisstakes or not in the modern climate, very poor to do this kind of thing

jobotic

Brexiteers crowing as there's no PROOF. If you don't look for proof you don't find proof therefore there is no proof. But it's not even a case of that. They're not ignoring it they are in on it. As if Cummings doesn't sit down with billionaire criminals in order to carve up UK assets whilst keeping themselves in the shadows. Russian or otherwise. And the repression and theft that will come next year will be comparable to that the non-billinaire russians live under.

Such a strange thing, patriotism.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: jobotic on July 21, 2020, 05:11:09 PM
Brexiteers crowing as there's no PROOF. If you don't look for proof you don't find proof therefore there is no proof. But it's not even a case of that. They're not ignoring it they are in on it. As if Cummings doesn't sit down with billionaire criminals in order to carve up UK assets whilst keeping themselves in the shadows. Russian or otherwise. And the repression and theft that will come next year will be comparable to that the non-billinaire russians live under.

Such a strange thing, patriotism.

Beat a patriot with a broom day.

jobotic

How do you stay sane while this is going on? I can't fucking bear it.